Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Petition about Dark Prophecies ART

Hi all,

I'm opening this thread after a good number of spoilers has been posted about the new upcoming set "Dark Prophecies".

I've chosen this game CURRENTLY for its amazing art, unique compared to all the other games, with nice Dark and Fantasy theme. Unfortunately this is not reflected anymore in the new upcoming set: Dark Prophecies. I would have called it "Bright Prophecies" instead as quite all the images I saw on the card are really bright

Jokes apart, the only "Fantasy" art I've seen so far is Word of the Prophet, which is really great and what I expect from a Fantasy game. All the other arts are "unnatural digital", where I mean that they don't give any fantasy feeling, some also have cartoonish style ... I won't love to draw a hand with completely different thematic cards.

As for now it would leave me away from this game, but as it is still in testing phase, I sincerely hope that the designers could go back and choose appropriate images for the cards. Just follow the base set, take the most amazing as Aeon, Tidal Wave ... go on that path as you did with Word of the Prophet please and we'll continue having the most beautiful game around.
    Also please consider the printed cards ... I won't purchase phisical cards if they stay as they are, with "No connection" to the basic of the game.

Please, I hope dev team can read here and also I hope MANY users can join me in this petition,

many thanks,
    mm75

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I largely agree with what you say, however I just want the damn thing released. If they're going to change the art I'd hope that it could be done post-digital release.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 rayzie :! change the art after the release ! test severs pls!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I partially agreed that the name of the expansion might be misleading. However, I don't think -all- the arts we have seen are bright. On top of my head there are already Furrion and Io who are as dark as you can get, and also the Dark Prophecy card itself. I think whenever there is darkness, there is light. I personally don't want all the 100+ plus expansion cards have the same art style, it would be too much. I like varieties. Yes, I'm in the minority of liking the drawing on Thoughtful Investment.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree.

Also in the first set there are cool card and other not "so exciting", personally i hate the first set card "lone wolf" with a wolf standing on the moon with the Ipad ini his hands...not so "fantasy" isnt'it??But what's the problem?? I judgice the full set and i am really satisfy
    At the same time some cards of the new coming set are great...i think to Io-void, Furrion terror, word of the prophet are really cool, and yes, there are also card not so good...but not so terrible that deserve a PETITION, come on!.... You cant pretend to have 150 astonishing card art....it's impossible. And, i repeat AGAIN....WAIT TO SEE ALL THE ENTIRE SET....
    Last edited by Riccardo; 12-27-2012 at 10:40 AM.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
    I disagree.

Also in the first set there are cool card and other not "so exciting", personally i hate the first set card "lone wolf" with a wolf standing on the moon with the Ipad ini his hands...not so "fantasy" isnt'it??But what's the problem?? I judgice the full set and i am really satisfy
    At the same time some cards of the new coming set are great...i think to Io-void, Furrion terror, word of the prophet are really cool, and yes, there are also card not so good...but not so terrible come on!.... You cant pretend to have 150 astonishing card art....it's impossible. And, i repeat AGAIN....WAIT TO SEE ALL THE ENTIRE SET....
    I also do not like Lw art. Funny yes, but so out of sync with the rest.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes please change the art so we have to wait longer for the expansion to release... Good job guys...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    Yes please change the art so we have to wait longer for the expansion to release... Good job guys...

Ahah fun :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Disagree, art if ok, and I don't really care about it all that much. Even though I would prefer some funny things like retreat and former Misplaced! as well as Selfishness, but those are my personal preference.

What I worry about is actual card mechanics which are really matter and art, you wouldn't pay attention to it after couple of game, you just get used to it.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I partially agree, but I don't believe it can be helped at this point!
    Feel free to transfer SC to account TJ Jazz or PM a Redeem code to me!
    http://www.shadowera.com/?r=2386460