Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Common Lone Darkclaw

I've been using this deck for several days now and I decided to share my Darkclaw fun deck.
    I love this deck because it uses all common and it's make me smile when I beat a deck that's stacked with Rares and Epics.

1x Darkclaw
    4x Captured Prey
    4x Now You're Mine
    4x Speedstrike
    4x What Big Teeth
    4x Regeneration
    4x Lone Wolf
    4x Here Be Monsters
    4x Shriek of Vengeance
    4x Evil Ascendant
    3x Acid Jet

(I'm still debating about replacing Here Be Monsters with Bazaar + Melt Down)

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Looks very good for a common deck. Bazaar would be risky because opponent would likely be getting more good stuff than you do and you'll run out of answers to play from hand. HBM's resource denial will work much better for you, I think. When first expansion is released, this deck will love Blood Moon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    DC needs a lot of draw as well as stall cards like Rain Delay and Full Moon. With you deck you will run out of cards and will get overwhelmed with allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Looks very good for a common deck. Bazaar would be risky because opponent would likely be getting more good stuff than you do and you'll run out of answers to play from hand. HBM's resource denial will work much better for you, I think. When first expansion is released, this deck will love Blood Moon
    Thanks for the your input regarding Bazaar and HBM.
    I can't wait for the first expansion to be released. Blood Moon would definitely help get the card combos for allyless Darkclaw decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    DC needs a lot of draw as well as stall cards like Rain Delay and Full Moon. With you deck you will run out of cards and will get overwhelmed with allies.
    So far I haven't lost a game due to milling. Towards the end of the game, I tend to hold onto cards to react to the opponent's move (replacing cards that are destroyed).

Against low health allies, Evil Ascendant tends to keep them under control.
    Against low attack allies, I usually ignore them since I figure Lone Wolf will offset the damage.

With that said, this deck does run into difficulty against deck that runs a lot of larger allies (Earthen Protector, Aeon Stormcaller, Plasma Behemoth, Shadow Knight) and allies that have damage reduced (Armored Sandworm, Kurt Whitehelm, Infernal Gargoyle).

Jericho Spellbane and Ter Adun decks will give this deck a hard time.

I do think this is a cheap and effective intro deck to allyless Darkclaw and could transition into a more serious deck (kwsteven's One-Wolf Army Deck) as you gain more gold.
    Last edited by ClearlyConfused; 12-30-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearlyConfused View Post
    So far I haven't lost a game due to milling. Towards the end of the game, I tend to hold onto cards to react to the opponent's move (replacing cards that are destroyed).
    I meant that you would run out of card in your hand and will be topdecking. As you have 0 cards that will provide draw.

Against low health allies, Evil Ascendant tends to keep them under control.
    Against low attack allies, I usually ignore them since I figure Lone Wolf will offset the damage.
    You should ignore all allies as much as possible and go for the throat. In late game you have no chance to control multiple allies.

With that said, this deck does run into difficulty against deck that runs a lot of larger allies (Earthen Protector, Aeon Stormcaller, Plasma Behemoth, Shadow Knight) and allies that have damage reduced (Armored Sandworm, Kurt Whitehelm, Infernal Gargoyle).
    It's not a control deck it's a rush deck.

Jericho Spellbane and Ter Adun decks will give this deck a hard time.
    Those are pretty much auto-loss as very many other matchups.

I do think this is a cheap and effective intro deck to allyless Darkclaw and could transition into a more serious deck (kwsteven's One-Wolf Army Deck) as you gain more gold.
    It's a fun deck. It's not competitive. If you want something competitive go for Moonstalker.