Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Elemental deck: advice?

I'm a new player here and I have this deck where I've gotten to rank 168, won exactly 9 games out of 10, but I'm not sure if I was just lucky in my match-ups or if I actually have a good deck:

x1 Elementalis
    x1 Keldor
    x1 Infernal Gargoyle
    x1 Plasma Behemoth
    x2 Fire Snake
    x2 Belladonna
    x1 Bad Wolf
    x2 Medusil
    x2 Death mage Thaddeus
    x2 Carniboar
    x2 Brutal Minotaur
    x1 Wulven Tracker
    x1 Ogloth the Glutton
    x2 Energy Discharge
    x1 Conversion
    x4 Spark
    x1 Transference
    x1 Mind Control
    x2 Feedback
    x2 Shard of Power
    x2 Life Infusion
    x2 Bloodlust
    x1 Here Be Monsters
    x4 Shriek of Vengeance
    x2 Acid Jet
    x2 Extra Sharp
    x2 Bazaar

Total of 46 cards
    Basically I try to maintain board control and pump out allies ASAP and keep other allies off. My strategy: kill quickly, keep my allies from dying, kill opposing allies and hinder opposing player as necessary. I feel my deck is versatile, but I'm sure there are improvements to be made. Suggestions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi you'll need to start focusing your deck a bit more. By reducing the types and increasing quantities you will create better consistency. Also MC should be auto x4 for either elemental hero. Check some of the other decks on the forum to get a general idea of how a consistent deck is created. Best of luck friend.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation Tweaks for Zal Deck

I'm new to the game as well. I'm working on a Zaladar deck, but after getting my rear kicked quite a bit in QM, I can tell that it is far from decent. Any chance I could get some input on it?

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Belladonna
    4x Bad Wolf
    4x Carniboar
    4x Spark
    4x Soul Reaper
    4x Shard of Power
    2x Life Infusion
    4x Bloodlust
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Melt Down
    2x Armor of Ages

Planning on squeezing 4x Mind Control somewhere in there once I get the cash to buy them. Also thinking about dropping 2 Shards, since I only seem to be personally marching my allies to the graveyard everytime I cast one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbyd View Post
    I'm new to the game as well. I'm working on a Zaladar deck, but after getting my rear kicked quite a bit in QM, I can tell that it is far from decent. Any chance I could get some input on it?

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Belladonna
    4x Bad Wolf
    4x Carniboar
    4x Spark
    4x Soul Reaper
    4x Shard of Power
    2x Life Infusion
    4x Bloodlust
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Melt Down
    2x Armor of Ages

Planning on squeezing 4x Mind Control somewhere in there once I get the cash to buy them. Also thinking about dropping 2 Shards, since I only seem to be personally marching my allies to the graveyard everytime I cast one.
    IMO shard of power is super if you have enough allies on the field but not enough attack to kill in a turn or two... I suggest keeping one SoP in your hand in case your opponent starts to counter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaer9729 View Post
    IMO shard of power is super if you have enough allies on the field but not enough attack to kill in a turn or two... I suggest keeping one SoP in your hand in case your opponent starts to counter
    Also keep a Shriek of Vengeance in hand, in case your Shard is killing your allies by letting the opponent killing them easily.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbyd View Post

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Belladonna
    4x Bad Wolf
    4x Carniboar
    4x Spark
    4x Soul Reaper
    4x Shard of Power
    2x Life Infusion
    4x Bloodlust
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Melt Down
    2x Armor of Ages

If you want play a Shard deck for fun, I suggest you to change the Armor of Ages to Mocking Armor instead. Use your Hero as meat shield while your Shard-ed allies pound on your opponent.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would drop all of the shards if I were you... it's a cool card, but isn't useful in competitive play. You definitely don't need 4 soul reapers, as it can only be used effectively once per game. There are generally two types of competitive Zaladar decks. The first is dimension ripper zaladar, but since you say you're short on crystals, DR is probably too expensive. The second type is Here Be Monsters Zal. It uses Hbm to deprive your opponent of resources while you control the board with your allies and abilities. Here's the original thread with The "Here be Zaladar" deck http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ere-Be-Zaladar I would sugest using something similar to that. It's a bit expensive, but if you want to make it cheaper, replace the molten destroyers with Plasma behemoths.
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    I would drop all of the shards if I were you... it's a cool card, but isn't useful in competitive play. You definitely don't need 4 soul reapers, as it can only be used effectively once per game. There are generally two types of competitive Zaladar decks. The first is dimension ripper zaladar, but since you say you're short on crystals, DR is probably too expensive. The second type is Here Be Monsters Zal. It uses Hbm to deprive your opponent of resources while you control the board with your allies and abilities. Here's the original thread with The "Here be Zaladar" deck http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ere-Be-Zaladar I would sugest using something similar to that. It's a bit expensive, but if you want to make it cheaper, replace the molten destroyers with Plasma behemoths.
    Thanks for the info, and the link. It would seem that my deck is... way off.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fast advices:

-> reduce the size of the deck to 40 cards.
    -> make it a Zaladar deck, it's much better
    -> transference s*cks
    -> 4 mind control
    Winner of the CARD-MAKER championship http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ampionship-(!)

The winner of the BRAZILIAN SHADOW ERA TOURNAMENT
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ra-brasileiros

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm definitely going to need some more moolah to make this happen. Since I've already bought 4 of the elemental starters, with the rest of my crystals should I buy boosters or keep buying the elemental starters and selling them (since they're apparently worth the most gold)?