Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zhanna Mist - Resource Denial

This is my first post here, so please bare with me. I'm a experienced MTG player that had to cool down due to family and work. I've been playing a couple different decks and must say this game is pretty epic.

I've been working on a resource denial deck and its very difficult to play. If you make the wrong move or sacrifice early in the game, you're practically doomed for the end of the game or just not make it very much longer. However, if you play the beginning right, about 20 turns later the game is almost guaranteed to be yours. So here's the list:

1 Zhanna Mist
    3 Sandra Trueblade
    4 Priest of the Light
    3 Armored Sandworm
    3 Tainted Oracle
    3 Aeon Stormcaller
    4 Tidal Wave
    4 Focused Prayer
    4 Plague
    4 Retreat
    3 Cobraskin Wraps
    4 Wizard's Staff

I'm trying to make the early game more stable. I've tried a few different itterations from trying Ghostmaker and Earthen Protectors in the early stages to playing Healing Touch. Healing Touch dI'd zealch for me. Anyone have any suggestions? They are very welcome - good or bad, I'll take 'em.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It looks to be a fun deck to play but if you are wanting to use it on the competive field it needs to be more stable and balanced. For a more competitive deck i would suggest taking out the Wraps and a few Plagues to make room for allies such as Puwen and Aldon.
    Founder and formal leader of the guild Guardians of Shadow Era

Gift to the Shadow Era community
    scholarsoftheshadows.com

I serve the community anyway I can
    Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild
    Contact me for any of the above by PMing me on these forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forums!

As Grim said, resource Destruction isn't a massively viable option at the moment, it's more of a side note to other successful strategies (in Zhanna's case, heavy ally swarm).

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Grim View Post
    However, if you play the beginning right, about 20 turns later the game is almost guaranteed to be yours.
    The problem (and the reason decks like this don't usually perform well), is that most decks can kill you in half the time.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Try curse! It saves you a ton of health throughout the game. Also a combo I'd recommend trying is the shrine of negatia and cobraskin wraps combo. You get to burn another resource for 1cc, and you also get to reactivate cobraskin's cantrip effect so no card disadvantage from running shrine! Curse and Cobraskin make a great defense. If Cobraskin wears out, throw down a Lily to distract opponent and continue your resource destruction with your reclaimed cobraskin. I used to be crazy about plague zhanna. But I got a little bored after a while and it's not very consistent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the ideas. I'll give them a shot. And get back to y'all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For a while, I thought Prodigal Grim is related to Grim Guardians.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool

i'm actually trying the same thing... here's my build...

zhanna
    3x Jasmine
    3x Kristoffer
    3x Aldon
    3x Zoe
    4x Tainted Oracle
    4x Tidal Wave
    4x Focused Prayer
    4x Plague
    3x Retreat
    2x Honored Dead
    3x The King's Pride
    4x Cobraskin Wraps
    4x Ghostmaker

i know its currently @ 45 cards, but still very manageable... what i've learn from this deck is that, don't be afraid to let ur allies die... if anything, u almost want them to attack ur allies so u don't take any damage... the common consensus is to attack other allies to eliminate them.... but by playing this deck, Ghostmaker brings them back for u, which in a way gives u a 2 for 1 in ally count... u can keep attacking the hero too w/o fear when u have a Tidal Wave sitting in ur hand... for me, i play the low cc allies bc of the low resources u might be having too... so nothing over 4 cc... Honored Dead to help draw bc i don't play with Wizent's Staff... w/ Tidal Wave, Ghostmaker just makes more sense... and Retreat just bc its the problem solver...!!!! have a nice day...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How exactly to you plan on getting enough resources for tkp/gm in a Plague deck? You're now crippling yourself as much as the opponent.

In any case, anyone played around with Radiant Sunlight? Resources are not the only resource to harass, after all.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MistahBoweh View Post
    How exactly to you plan on getting enough resources for tkp/gm in a Plague deck? You're now crippling yourself as much as the opponent.

In any case, anyone played around with Radiant Sunlight? Resources are not the only resource to harass, after all.
    I had wondered why no one used it. Maybe it just isn't so viable right now?
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MistahBoweh View Post

Ghostmaker is doable... but The King's Pride is just a late game finisher... u can make it to 6 resources bc the opponent will hunt ur allies... The King's Pride on the other hand is a defensive play or a game changer play...