Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Opinion for modify my eladwen deck

Hi, i'm new on this forum, this is my eladwen deck.
    I'm only 200 rates. (210 today)
    Eladwen Frostmire
    EDIT: New deck list.
    2x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3x Aldon the brave
    2x Armored Sandworm
    4x Priest of the Light
    3x Tainted Oracle

3x Ley Line Nexus
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    3x Supernova
    2x Honored Dead
    2x Retreat
    3x Tome of Knowledge
    tot: 40cards

I'v got some problem with amber and boris for their weapons, how about Ley Line Nexus?
    I think i dont'need Aeon Stormcaller, but it is strong to put down.
    The problem is, what put out of the deck?
    Comment?
    Moonstalker question: it wait to zero card deck, i think to summon all allies i can and at the end of match, keep of it's rain delay or full moon with shrine of nagatia and do a massive attack.
    Thx at all.
    (sorry for my bad english, but 'im italian.)
    Last edited by Rotax122; 12-20-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome!
    This is already a strong deck!
    To fight Amber, you need SON instead of LLN!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KA INDEX View Post
    Welcome!
    Thx, what mean "SON" ?
    What cards i can remove for do a space for Ley Line Nexus?
    I think 1 Tainted Oracle, 1 Tome of Knowledge, but 2 LLN are few.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KA INDEX View Post
    Welcome!
    You meant Shriek of Vengance ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoop245 View Post
    You meant Shriek of Vengance ?
    Shrine

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh , too much shadow mage for me -.-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there and welcome to shadow era

You already have really good deck, the best advice I can give you is just play as many games as you can, cause only that way you will learn how to play against certain opponents. Almost every opponent must be played in different way. Most challenging task would be to learn which cards to sacrifice against which opponent.

Also to be good in quick matches you should have deck which is universally good against all heroes, but if you see that some opponent is almost auto loose and on top of that its really common opponent you can maybe put few tech cards for that opponent. One tech card I cant imagine my Eladwen deck without is Ley Line Nexus. I put this card in my deck just with one purpose, to destroy Spelleater Bands. Without LLN all matches where opponent had Spelleater Bands were auto defeat for me, and it was not so rare occasion, so I think you should add this card too, at least 2 copies.

Also, Amber is generally very tough opponent for mages. I tried to tech for her too with Sever Ties and Shrine Of Negatia, but that changed my play stile alot, so I tried to change approach a bit and figured out that if she uses all her Jewler's Dream durability on my allies, she wont be attacking me, so I added several Kristoffer Wild to my deck so they can little by little take her durability, and also playing aggressive in the beginning putting many allies in play would save me untill I can finish her off with my spells. Still Amber is very tough opponent for me, but its far from auto loss and I still have the deck universally good for most of the opponents without teching too much for certain opponent, so I'm satisfie .

I noticed that you have 10 draw cards (4 Tome, 4 TO and 2 HD) thats maybe a little too much. I think you can eliminate 1 or 2 Tome of Knowledge and maybe put LLN instead. Other than that, deck is really good and you should just play and learn while you playing.

Have fun and good luck!

P.S. Does anyone know how to turn on hyper linking for card names, I thought it link automaticly?
    Last edited by Zoki; 12-16-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome! I'm not too familiar with mages, other than in theory. However I have some general tips that I think would help your deck. First I would remove 2 Honored Dead for 2 LLN, take out all 4 PotL, both Sandworms, and 1 Supernova then add 2 more Jasmine and some combination of Raven and Aeon. Whether you have Sandworm or Raven is more based on playstyle, SW is a defensive card where as Raven is more of a control/offense card. Hope that helps.
    Proud Member of AA1

"I am neither foe nor friend to my brothers, but such as each of them shall deserve of me." -Ayn Rand

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyruel View Post
    Welcome! I'm not too familiar with mages, other than in theory. However I have some general tips that I think would help your deck. First I would remove 2 Honored Dead for 2 LLN, take out all 4 PotL, both Sandworms, and 1 Supernova then add 2 more Jasmine and some combination of Raven and Aeon. Whether you have Sandworm or Raven is more based on playstyle, SW is a defensive card where as Raven is more of a control/offense card. Hope that helps.
    I can't agree with you my friend.

1) PotL is great tactical card in Eladwen deck both for reducing opponent's SE and healing your hero, which is not expected from mage. On the other hand you dont have much time nor resources for Jasmines ability (better spend those 2 cc for Tome of Knowledge), also you will most of the time get rid of your opponent's allies with Supernova or Lightning Strike or other ability spell so no need for stalling, not to mention it will be really rare occasion to see your Jasmine live till next turn.

2)While I agree that Raven is more offensive allie than SW, I still think SW is better in mage deck. As mage you dont really need your allies to control the board, you will do that with spells, you need from your allies to give you little more help in lowering your opponents HP to zero and SW is most durable allie so he will stick on board longer. Also SW will survive your Supernova with enough health. On top of that SW is imune to non buffed Ancelbreaker and Dagger of Unmaking which helps too

On the other hand for example in Zhanna deck Jasmine and Raven would be better allies cause priests dont have so much control spells so allies must help controling board, but it all depends on players play stile.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thx at all for comment and help.
    The card i most hate in amber and boris deck is Birgitte, very very B*t*h grrrrr
    In this time i grind AI for buy 2x Ley Line Nexus, i'v decide to put off 1x Tome of Knowledge and 1x Tainted Oracle, then test a lot and decide if this change it's OK, if isn't ok i try to put off another cards.

Sandworm is very useful cards, if i have it in game and i play supernova for board control it will survive.
    Honored Dead is very good for me, it heal 2 damages and gain 2 cards, 1/2/3 life points can do the difference some times.

PS: i would make an amber/boris deck, just for fun, i'v tried Portal Majiya and Zaladar, but there isn't my style.
    Last edited by Rotax122; 12-16-2012 at 07:42 PM.