Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe we just played a meltdown game.. you were doing exactly this.. the bad part for me was I knew it and given it was meltdown I counted on some cards I buried earlier on.
    the other thing is I blindly kept following your lead so today till we both ran out of cards and you played your held heroes to kill me.

Oh well live and learn, thanks for the article.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Good read overall.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Enjoyed it. Helped me to reinforce an abstract concept that I often purposefully utilize but don't always put significant thought into.

A thought about mind control. When I was less experienced I thought it the bees knees. "Wtf i got beat over the head with my best card, now it's dead." Although in a meltdown I'd play a Crip, CP, even a smite before MC, as a part of my bag of ally neutralizers (retreat of course because its has so many purposes) I still think it's an ok card, most are that can quick fix. Mind control offers a more permanent solution, as captured prey Etc can be undone. Also it offers direct damage, possibly a durability ping, it's one size fits all. But yeah totally reactionary and not conducive to changing momentum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijjis View Post
    Mind control offers a more permanent solution, as captured prey Etc can be undone. Also it offers direct damage, possibly a durability ping, it's one size fits all. But yeah totally reactionary and not conducive to changing momentum.
    I have not attempted meltdown before, so MC being totally reactionary in that format is something I would not contest.
    But I'd just like to say that in aggro Zaladar decks, card advantage becomes slightly different.

Instead of hoarding options and forcing decisions on the opponent, it also becomes a game where each card's value becomes decided by how many life points of the opponent it is worth. (this is true for all decks, but especially rush decks)

Because Zaladar's ability gives the opponent a limited lifespan, MC can become a burn spell that conveniently takes an ally away with it, rather than just being plain reactive removal.
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow