Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Spark + Shard of Power bug

Description: If I have 2 sparks out and a Shard of power (giving both sparks 1 health) and a spark gets killed (at least by Borris ability) the second spark dies.
    Platform: All
    Version: 1.612
    Steps to reproduce: Steps and/or requirements needed to reproduce this.

Pretty sure your code is reducing the health from one spark dying then counting it dead, rather then keeping the health at 1 from the shard of power the whole time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    While it sucks and I don't agree with this at all, its apparently the intended behavior and not a bug. =/
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it was left in to balance elemental rush decks back when the minimum deck size was 30. Not that shard was much better back then

Hopefully one day it will be fixed; the shard rush archtype is a really fun casual deck and isn't in the least bit broken for competitive play. Not to mention it really sucks when you first make a shard deck and have to see all your sparks unjustly die.
    Last edited by Drizz'l; 12-20-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Btw, you have an old version. 1.7 is out.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    Btw, you have an old version. 1.7 is out.
    I know but when I log into client it says it is up to date (even though it is 1.6x). Am I doing it wrong?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As far as I know, I think this is working as intended. Here's the comment from Kyle on the issue:

Won't Fix v1.308. Shard of Power "reduces health to 1" which means when shard is cast all allies take enough damage until they are at 1 health (same for newly summoned allies). However this does not change their max health and they are free to be buffed as normal from that point on.
    That's just the way I interpret it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Yussef View Post
    I know but when I log into client it says it is up to date (even though it is 1.6x). Am I doing it wrong?
    Yeah, you need to re-download and install the client. Doesn't take long and everything should be automatically overwritten.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Yussef View Post
    Description: If I have 2 sparks out and a Shard of power (giving both sparks 1 health) and a spark gets killed (at least by Borris ability) the second spark dies.
    Platform: All
    Version: 1.612
    Steps to reproduce: Steps and/or requirements needed to reproduce this.

Pretty sure your code is reducing the health from one spark dying then counting it dead, rather then keeping the health at 1 from the shard of power the whole time.

happened to me as well. Had 2 sparks out with shard. attacked with one spark, opponent defended, both sparks died. This is incorrect if we are to believe the wording as the shard was changed to say something along the lines of allies may have a maximum health of 1 (much to my chagrin, as the glass cannon decks were just about the only decks that could survive competitively, but thats a rant for another time).

Sparks get +1 attk and +1 def for every other spark in play. shard maxes the health at one (what sparks come with when played anyways) the def is unable to increase. therefore this would be a bug as there is no reason for anything to be subtracted, as nothing was added in the first place. needs to be fixed or better yet change shard back to "reduce to 1" rather than "max of 1" to make the dang card playable again. Oher than MC, the elementals are pretty squishy and have more worthless cards imo than the other heroes. (can a brotha get some anti-mage cards?)
    Last edited by Erokk88; 12-27-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    My idea for Dimensions Ripper's text: Joke's on you, my deck's full of crap

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is not a bug, which has been explained why in many, many threads. When the one Spark leaves, he takes his one health with him. You capped his health at one with Shard, and the outcome should be expected.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    This is not a bug, which has been explained why in many, many threads. When the one Spark leaves, he takes his one health with him. You capped his health at one with Shard, and the outcome should be expected.
    That's one line of logic, but it's not the only one. It could also be said that the wording of Shard caps the Sparks life at 1 so the others are unable to buff it past the base 1 life. When one leaves it takes the damage, but doesn't take the life it never gave.

It really comes down to how the design team chooses to rule it; some think the choice is to be expected others, I would argue most, find it surprising.