Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

In-Game Challenges

Lately I have felt that SE has...erhm...gone stale. We can agree its because of a lack of an expansion but in the meantime I propose a Challenge system. Quite Simply, every week Wulven may code a certain challenge that when done a certain number of times awards extra gold or if they use some SC format will award SC. While I have over 70 ideas for challenges (to be precise, I have 30 General Challenges, 20 Hero Specific Challenges, 20 Class Specific Challenges, and 10 Humiliation Class Challenges), the goal of challenges is to provide replayability for SE and provide an incentive for performing something harder than normal while we would wait for an expansion that...well I think we all are expecting it sometime in 2020.

These were my ideas for the Humiliation Class Challenges. I am including a description of the challenges, but not the number of times it ought to be performed.
    -Power Shortage: Win a game without using Shadow Energy
    -Thorns: While at 33% or less health and while your opponent has 66% or more health, win a game.
    -Suicidal Tendancies- Finish a using a Supernova as the finishing blow (you must have 1 health remaining).
    -Speed Boost- Win a game in less than 7 turns
    -Death Incarnate: Kill all of your opponents allies before making the final blow
    -What Tools!!: Win a game without Items, Armor, or Weapons
    -The Force is Not Strong...- Win a game without using Abilities
    -Everybody Needs Friends?: Win a game without using Allies
    -Interception!!!: Kill an opponent with a weapon obtained from your opponents' Dimension Ripper or Transference
    -It's OP: Win a game where the final blow is caused by a Fire Snake.

Again it is just an idea I had and I think if implemented will definitely encourage people to continue playing it. If enough people support it I will list the Hero Specific Challenges or the Class Specific Challenges, depending on what you would like.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My analysis:

-Power Shortage: Mages will own.

-Thorns: While at 33% or less health and while your opponent has 66% or more health, win a game. <- this is fun.

-Suicidal Tendancies- Finish a using a Supernova as the finishing blow (you must have 1 health remaining). <- how to get yourself to 1 hp -_- so evil.

-Speed Boost- Win a game in less than 7 turns <- mages again.

-Death Incarnate: Kill all of your opponents allies before making the final blow <- lance/victor/ms game.

-What Tools!!: Win a game without Items, Armor, or Weapons <- total mage game, again.

-The Force is Not Strong...- Win a game without using Abilities <- I have no idea -_- elementalis and ms should own

-Everybody Needs Friends?: Win a game without using Allies <- MILLSTALKER WARRSS

-Interception!!!: Kill an opponent with a weapon obtained from your opponents' Dimension Ripper or Transference <-MAD TRIP.

-It's OP: Win a game where the final blow is caused by a Fire Snake. <- too many draws, too little time. Priests will stack 4x icestorm.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by wreon View Post
    My analysis:

-Power Shortage: Mages will own.

-Thorns: While at 33% or less health and while your opponent has 66% or more health, win a game. <- this is fun.

-Suicidal Tendancies- Finish a using a Supernova as the finishing blow (you must have 1 health remaining). <- how to get yourself to 1 hp -_- so evil.

-Speed Boost- Win a game in less than 7 turns <- mages again.

-Death Incarnate: Kill all of your opponents allies before making the final blow <- lance/victor/ms game.

-What Tools!!: Win a game without Items, Armor, or Weapons <- total mage game, again.

-The Force is Not Strong...- Win a game without using Abilities <- I have no idea -_- elementalis and ms should own

-Everybody Needs Friends?: Win a game without using Allies <- MILLSTALKER WARRSS

-Interception!!!: Kill an opponent with a weapon obtained from your opponents' Dimension Ripper or Transference <-MAD TRIP.

-It's OP: Win a game where the final blow is caused by a Fire Snake. <- too many draws, too little time. Priests will stack 4x icestorm.
    as you can see, there's an "achievement" for every hero. Well, not exactly, but i'm buying the concept. Designing this kind of things for different heroes and play styles sounds fun. Would be interested to see, specially with SC prizes :-)

btw, only achievable via QM, right?
    IGN: LDL kuhuru GMT -3h

Representante do Brasil no Street Fighter World Warrior Tournament

Member of: {LDL} "LEGION DE DRAGONES LATINOS"
    "Con la fuerza de un dragon, venceremos"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Correct on the QM. I am really against grinding/boosting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Encouraging people to play to one of the various "challenges" you mention seems like it would remove strategic diversity from the game, at least in the long run when the game has a pretty decent set of cards to choose from. I don't think it's worth the improved replayability if it inundates the QM queue with gimmick decks optimized for gold/SC farming.

Just my two cents.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you complete a challenge it cannot be redone until wulven changes the challenges. So you cant repeat the challenges over and over again to grind.

Basically you complete the challenge, it's locked for a week. Wulven puts a different set of challenges, unlocks it, the cycle continues.
    Last edited by AbYsMaL; 12-19-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love them. Every game needs its own in-game players achievements/trophies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Our guild (E2E) instituted a Trophies/Achievements thread on our forum based on the PS3/XBOX360 reward system where guildmembers can earn codes for shadow crystals for accomplishing the following:

1) Near Death Experience - Win a game with 1 life remaining
    2) Blaze of Glory - Deal 20+ damage to your opponent in one turn
    3) Fistful of Cards - Draw 7+ cards in one turn
    4) First Aid - Gain 12+ life in one turn
    5) Running on Fumes - Win a game where both you and your opponent have 0 cards left in your libraries

6) Ashes to Ashes - Destroy 2+ of your opponent's items or support abilities on the same turn
    7) Enhancer - Get 4+ attachments in play
    8] Armor Piercer - Destroy an opponent's Armored Sandworm without using Mind Control

9) FS is OP! - Deal the finishing blow to your opponent with a FireSnake
    10) Zombie Recursion - Play a Shadow Knight to return a Shadow Knight to your hand 2+ turns in a row
    11) Hungry Hungry Hippo - Get your Ogloth up to 9+ attack

12) Sisterly Love - Use Jasmine Rosecult's 'heart' ability on Lily Rosecult
    13) Reinforcements - Have an Aeon Stormcaller and Earthen Protector on board at the same time
    14) Deja Vu - Attack your opponent with a Kris + King's Pride while they have Dagger of Unmaking in play

15) Brutal Beatdown - Cast Mind Control on your opponent's Brutal Minotaur
    16) Ride the Wave - Use Crescendo to destroy 4+ opposing allies in one turn
    17) Frenzied Attack - Deal 5+ damage in one attack with a Berserker's Edge or Mournblade
    18) Burning Fever - Get an opposing Hero or Ally to be poisoned and ablaze
    19) Divine Protection - Play Holy Shield on an ally and Tidal Wave on the same turn
    20) Hide & Seek - Play Lay Low and Shrine of Negatia for 2+ turns
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I'm not trying to make achievements. Its a challenge system that anyone could do if they tried hard enough, is randomly generated for the week, and designed to encourage an increase in replayability. I respect that your guild has an achievement system in it. But this is not a recruitment thread.
    Last edited by AbYsMaL; 12-19-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think all of these are good ideas.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."