Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Still looking for ways to improve my Nishaven.

The idea of the deck is basically that with portal in play Blake becomes the most cost effective direct damage in the game. With this deck I've maxed at 265 which I thought was pretty good for Nishaven until I saw one close to 300 rating. My current strategy when going first is to take the field with human allies supported by burn if needed here Portal may or may not be necessary depending on what my opponent does. When going second I normally do my best to slow their rush with burn then go for turn 4 portal turn 5 ability plus two allies to secure the field. My problems are really when facing weapon decks (Amber worst followed by Darkclaw then Gwen Baduruu is probably in there but I never faced a good Baduruu deck) or going second against Eladwyn decks. Neither of these situations are auto loss but I probably can only win 1/4 against amber if I go second and 1/3 against Elad as I just take to much damage in the beginning to be able to survive unpreventable damage from burn or weapons. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank you,

Deck is in my sig but if you prefer a typed list:

42 cards
    Hero
    Allies 14 (too few?)
    4x Blake
    2x Puwen
    4x PotL
    2x Aldon
    2x Raven (thinking of replacing with Jasmine)

Abilities 27
    Burn 10
    4x Fireball
    4x LS
    2x Nova
    Draw 6x
    3x Bad Santa
    3x ToK
    Support 11
    3x Portal
    4x Retreat
    3x Ley Line Nexus
    1x Sever Ties
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 12-17-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Try this:
    Puwen Bloodhelm, 4 is better then 2, 2cc alies with 2/3 why dont'put 4 copies?
    Aldon the Brave, 2 is too much low, 4 is too much. If you draw when another aldon is in game, you can auto sac it.
    Jasmine Rosecult (you control the board with spell and nishaven abilities, i think don't need Raven)

I suppose 1 copy of sever ties is useless, when you need it, it is on the bottom of the deck , minimun 2 copies.
    It's a rush deck, keep off Tok and put bazar.
    It is enough 3 portal? In my majiya portal i put 4 copies.
    you can keep out 1 retreat and put 1 another nova.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mono...don't......just don't.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Monomax

/thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotax122 View Post
    Try this:
    Puwen Bloodhelm, 4 is better then 2, 2cc alies with 2/3 why dont'put 4 copies?
    Aldon the Brave, 2 is too much low, 4 is too much. If you draw when another aldon is in game, you can auto sac it.
    Jasmine Rosecult (you control the board with spell and nishaven abilities, i think don't need Raven)

I suppose 1 copy of sever ties is useless, when you need it, it is on the bottom of the deck , minimun 2 copies.
    It's a rush deck, keep off Tok and put bazar.
    It is enough 3 portal? In my majiya portal i put 4 copies.
    you can keep out 1 retreat and put 1 another nova.
    I will probably take your advice on the Jasmines over Ravens. As for the Puwens Aldon and second Sever Ties I would need to know what to cut.

Nova right now is close to an autosac most games as Nish's ability and portal do a better job retaking the field so I really do not want to add a 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    Monomax

/thread
    I followed his thread a few months ago and did not recall his solo Nish getting much above 260 which is where this deck already is. Unless it got better at some point the two decks are different but pretty equal.

@Both of you thanks for the reply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    I followed his thread a few months ago and did not recall his solo Nish getting much above 260 which is where this deck already is. Unless it got better at some point the two decks are different but pretty equal.
    It got good enough to win the America Regional Qualifiers
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I followed his thread a few months ago and did not recall his solo Nish getting much above 260 which is where this deck already is. Unless it got better at some point the two decks are different but pretty equal.[/QUOTE]

Well now it isn't solo, and it own th american regionals, so maybe you fell a little bit behind on it?
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Natethegreat View Post
    Well now it isn't solo, and it own th american regionals, so maybe you fell a little bit behind on it?
    Apparently I will search for the thread again thanks a lot.

Edit: I just looked at the thread and although true I did fall behind last post I recalled seeing was #14 but even at the last post in the thread it is still a solo build so definitely not the newest.
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 12-18-2012 at 05:27 PM.