Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happykill View Post
    Ok, maybe here's a bit more information that might be useful. Maybe not. Anywho...

So, I was just playing on my laptop and midway through the game, I got the "wifi - 30 second countdown" pop up (saying I wasn't connected to my wifi connection). I most certainly was, as everything else on my laptop was just fine, connection wise (websites loaded, able to connect to Apple's App store, etc...). However, I was also looking at the Shadow Era forums at the same time. When I went to go back to the forum topics page, the page wouldn't load and stopped responding. This tells me that the SE forums are somehow linked to the game servers. I don't know if they share hardware or just the same connection, but the two going down at the same time struck me as odd.

It is apparent that the disconnection came from the Shadow Era end, and not my own wifi connection. However, I am confused as to why I got the "wifi - 30 second countdown pop up". It seems to be that the "disconnection" pop up is being called incorrectly. As far as I can tell, this is the go to message whenever any type of connection disruption is encountered. This is bad.

Anyway, I hope this leads to further help in tracking down this annoying bug.

(And as of this writing, I still cannot connect to the Shadow Era game servers, but the forums seem to be back up)
    I've also had this many times. The only thing that loses connection is anything SE related. IRC continued to work, YouTube keeps streaming, all other webpages keep loading. I get locked out of SE for almost an hour everytime though. Constant "cannot connect to server" errors.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Defeat! With WiFi timeout

My connection seemed solid, and I could get online and check email, but I apparently I was DCd, and lost rating.

I'm trying to improve my game, and rating and green streaks in my history help me keep track of my progress, but only if they're accurate....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I haven't played shadow era for over a year and I came back to give it another chance. I have had at least 30 dropped games, Sync errors, or time outs in this past week since coming back. I don't plug directly into my router because this is not 1999. This game really needs to figure out how to offer a quality product besides just quality game functions. I've never had so many problems with any other game that can not just keep a connection. The game is not wifi friendly and it is certainly holding back some players like myself from not getting frustrated to the point to walk away (again)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy131313 View Post
    I haven't played shadow era for over a year and I came back to give it another chance. I have had at least 30 dropped games, Sync errors, or time outs in this past week since coming back. I don't plug directly into my router because this is not 1999. This game really needs to figure out how to offer a quality product besides just quality game functions. I've never had so many problems with any other game that can not just keep a connection. The game is not wifi friendly and it is certainly holding back some players like myself from not getting frustrated to the point to walk away (again)
    I have no issues what-so-ever and I'm on wifi, plug in your computer like its 1999 and if it fails blame your computer.

On topic...

I had a game recently where my opponent and I were waiting for the other persons turn. I had finished my turn and waiting for his sacrifice and they said they were waiting for me to end my turn. I guess he quit after we talked because I offered draw and got a victory screen, xp + gold.
    K rent VS Bentorotot

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It certainly happens less frequently lately, but the Defeat! Bug's still out there. It still has the same symptom where the losing party stops playing and has probably DCd or force closed or whatever. The camera still works, I can 'offer draw' while waiting for the too-long timeout.

Then, there it is, mocking me: Defeat! As frustrating as ever....