4 x Priest of the Light

4 x Fireball
    4 x Lightning Strike
    4 x Supernova
    4 x Special Delivery

4 x Tome of Knowledge
    3 x Ley Line Nexus

(Total = 40 cards)

This deck is horribly simple to use... use your allies to inflict a ton of damage early on, then sit back and finish of your opponent with Direct damage.

-I'm posting this because I believe she is over-powered, and needs a nerf (to add a bit more variety to the game).

Personally I now prefer the noble art of mage-hunting using a specially designed 'mage counter' deck.
    Last edited by Dave163; 12-15-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry, but that deck will run out of steam REALLY fast, especially against experienced opponents.

Where's your Santas? It's a rush deck, it needs cards much faster than other decks. Relying on 4 Tome isn't going to cut it.

If you swap those Special Deliveries for Bad Santas I bet you'll find the deck is more consistent.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    dude- no... I don't use her any more. I kept being beaten by Eladwen decks so I decided to jump on the band-wagon and join the dark side. This is the deck I used and this is the result (with or without Bad Santa's):

why-mages-need-a-nerf.jpg

I don't like Lightning Strikes or Fireballs... aside from the fact that every-other player is a mage, I like using my shiny Ter Adun!

*Edit* I haven't explained clearly: I don't use her because everybody else uses her (not because I was being beaten by other Eladwen decks). I 'joined the darkside' when I started using her.
    Last edited by Dave163; 12-15-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just humour me and try Bad Santa.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what preybird said. you may run into problems as you climb higher into the rankings and face more experienced people who know how to survive an elad rush.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I can hardly survive this rush.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The fearsome human rush with burn follow up. A good draw destroys nearly anything

As mentioned above will a strong draw (HD, TO, BS) help you to become more consitent and keep the pressure ongoing. Low rating player tend to use decks which lack focus and can't resist a rush, but that dosen't mean that an agressiv human mage can't be successful on high level gameplay. Quite the opposit in fact if deck and draw play to your favor.
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am still new to SE and want to learn from experienced players on how to survive Elad rush when she goes first.

To me, it is almost mission impossible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Hunt View Post
    I am still new to SE and want to learn from experienced players on how to survive Elad rush when she goes first.

If Eladwen has the perfect hand of T1 Kris, T2 Puwen, T3 POTL/Jasmine, T4 Aldon.... It's almost impossible to beat this Eladwen going first.

But there are other ways to survive the rush.

1) Put 1-2cc allies in your deck. If you are going 2nd and managed to put out a T1 Firesnake, you will be able to kill off that Kris. The T2 Brutalis will also be invaluable in helping you take back the board.

2) Add sufficient low cc ability cards to control the board. That includes cards like Poison Arrow, Flame Arrow, Crippling Blow, Retreat, Book of Curse, Fireball... Use it without hesitation on that T2 Puwen. You need to take down those allies as soon as possible to mitigate the damage.

3) Add healing / DD immune cards.
    Once you can survive the initial rush of allies, you now need to survive the late onslaught of spells. Healing becomes invaluable because it takes him more cards to kill you now. So cards like Healing Touch, Regeneration, Soul Reaper, Enrage, Rampage, Honoured Dead, Soul Seeker (best card against rush mages) helps greatly against rush mages. Also, cards that help you to be immune against DD also buys you more turns to kill the mage. So cards like Into The Forest, Full Moon, Spelleater bands all buys you additional turns to knock her HP down while she has to decide between burning your allies or to save the burn for your hero.

For your info, in Season 4 (IIRC), Sisyphos got into the top rank (at early stages) with Banebow, which is an absolute beast in hunting Eladwen. So it is possible to beat those mages without joining them.

Good luck hunting!
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Hunt View Post

Many decks are hard pressed to survive an elad rush... However, if you have a deck that counters mage strategies, you will do just fine. Popular counters to mages are rush amber decks (because they can deal damage faster than mages), Banebow decks (because his ability gives excellent early board control), and dimension ripper zaladar decks (because they can control the board with his ability, and steal burn cards with dimension ripper).
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks