Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

DORA TCG: Days of Ragnaroks Ascension

I guess its about time rg shows wat rgs been working on to the se community!!

DoRA or Days of Ragnarok's Awakening is a tcg project that I have been working on for a couple of months now. I've been very secretive to my facebook franz about it because they look at rg with distrustful eyes however I'll share it with my real life franz, the se community! who needz fake franz anyway?! hee hee

There are about 100 cards currently, 200 in total and will be release later. No cards have art.

Story:
    DoRA doesn't have much of a story, but there is some lore to it. It is the appointed time when Ragnarok is awakening and the world of Loia is thrown into chaos and disorder. Ragnarok will bring the end of Loia and the universe by causing the universe to collapse upon itself. The first event of Ragnarok was a world-wide earthquake that shook the earth so greatly it released an ancient dragon known as Abbadon, the God of Chaos from the mountain of Pyrius, which is in the volcanic region of Lograth, where he was sealed by the monks of Asaril long ago. Abbadon only furthered the chaos and confusion by rampaging various cities, the first was Azrath a city filled with powerful wizards and witches. They could not stop the awesome power of Abbadon and succumb to his might quickly. All in Azrath perished in the burning ruins left by Abbadon, and yet a mysterious woman arose from the remains of Azrath said to be born of flames, dark magic and the vengeful spirits of Azrath. She too caused great damage and chaos across the land with her pyromancy and magic. She was called Azra the flameborn one. Many warriors have stepped up to slay both Abbadon, Azra and put and end to Ragnarok, but in the the world started to become come as no further events occurred. however the Days of Ragnarok's Awakening in not over yet, for they have only just begun.

The main character of the story is Lucus Greenstone, a young man who is looking for his brother in hopes of bringing him home to see their sick mother before she passes. His brother was a mighty warrior who had went to hunt down Azra. While on his way to a major city to gather information on his brothers whereabouts he travels through a forest. He gets attacked by a giant chameleon and is saved by an archer name Lowen Velhorn, a huntsman who uses arrows. Lowen takes him to a secret fountain in the forests he stumbled upon. that heals wounds and renews the spirit. While walking towards the forest they hear a flute being played in the distance, Lowen knows that the flute is in the direction of the fountain and fearing that his secret has been compromised he rushes toward the fountain with Lucus following after him. They stop at the fountain clearing and see a dryad playing a flute with many of the forests creatures around her listening. When they notice the to, the creatures run, but the dryad remains unfazed and looks towards them with a smile. She introduces herself and she welcomes them to the forest. She claims to be Amora, guardian of the forests throughout the world and came to this forest to tend to it's creatures. She then asks who they are and they introduce themselves. When Lucus introduces himself, she is surprised and exclaims that he may be the one the philosophized to end Ragnarok's awakening as the prophets of Asiril fortold about. She takes a closer look at his clothes and his weapons much to Lucus's dismay and assures him that she is right. She then leads the baffled men to the fountain and shows them the prophecy in it's water. The prophecies describe Lucus perfectly and Lowen and Lucus look at her both in awe and puzzlement. She further explains that they should head to Asaril quickly and learn how to bring an end to Ragarok's awakening. Lucus tells her about his mother and his brother and the Amora assures him that the priests and monks will tell him his brother's whereabouts. She convinces Lowen to guard Lucus during his adventure and he gives her his word. Satisfied, she blesses them and disappears. Lucus cleans up his wounds at the fountain and they decide to camp there for the night for tomorrow they shall head off to Asaril.

Gameplay:
    There are 6 kinds of cards in Dora. They are Champions, Creatures, Skills, Items, Terrain and Weapons.
    There are 5 elements in DoRA. These elements are Nature, Fire, Water, Dark and Light. These elements have a certain playstle attached to them. Most cards are assigned an element but there are some that a neutral. All cards except for creatures and neutral cards can only be used if the card matches the element of your Champion.
    Champions have 6 classes as well, These classes are Apex Beast, Mage, Priest, Archers, Warriors and Assassins.

Champions
    Champions play an integral in playing DoRA as the object of the game is to lower the your opponent's champion health down to zero, whoever does so wins the game. Each hero has a class and an element. The element is indicated by color of the trim of the card as with all cards. The class is shown in the top corner of the infobox. Each hero also has Health and Mana points. The amount of health that a champion has is indicated by the number in the red orb on the lower right corner of the card. The amount of mana a champion has is indicated by the number in the blue orb on the lower left corner of a card. Each champion also has two abilities. The first or top ability is usually weaker and requires less mana than the bottom ability which is usually a more powerful version of the first ability although it doesn't have to be. These abilities usually require a certain amount of mana in order to be used and once they are used they cannot be used again until a certain amount of time. This time is called "cooldown time" and is the red text next to or under an abilities effect. The cost of an abilitiy is indicated by the numbers in the blue circles with the gold trim in the info box of the card.

Creatures:
    Creatures aid your Champion in battle by preventing them from taking damage from enemy creatures while trying to deal damage to the opponent's Champion and creatures. Each creature requires a cost in order to be summoned, much like skill, item, and weapon cards require a cost to be used. Like most costs, a creature's summon cost must be paid using terrain cards. This cost is found in the top grey orb next to the name for the card of every card. Some creatures require a specific amount of a certain terrain element in order to be summoned. These amounts are indicated the colored circles underneath the total cost. Some creatures also have effects that can help your champion in battle. These effects act similarly to the ability cards of Champions, they can boost stats of other creatures, or affect the enemy or game in some way.

Creatures have attack, health and speed points. This points are the shown in the 3 circles under the name of the card. Attack is how much damage a card does to a enemy champion or creatures. Health is how many attack points a creature can take before dying and speed determines which creature attacks first when battling another creature. When two creatures battle, the creature with the higher speed point attacks first regardless of which creature declared an attack. If the number is the same, the creature who declared the attack attacks first. It is important to note that a champion does not have speed however when a creature attacks a Champion with a weapon, the creature attacks first unless stated otherwise.

Skills:
    Skills are abilities available to each class and element. There are normal skills that can be played by any Champion of an element then there are class based skills that only a certain class and element can play. This ensures that most Champions and decks play a little differently then members of the same class and abilities to further the uniqueness of each champion, deck and playing style.

Items:
    Same as skills, Items are available to each class and element. There are normal items that can be played by any Champion of an element, but even more so there are class based skills that only a certain class and element can play. This also ensures that most Champions and decks play a little differently then members of the same class and abilities to further the uniqueness of each champion, deck and playing style.

Terrain:
    These cards are the resource system of the game. They are played in the same manner as lands in MTG. Each Terrain Card has a different element.

Weapons:
    Weapons are special items available to each class and element. There are normal weapons that can be played by any Champion of an element, but there are class based skills that only a certain class and element can play. Weapons have durability and and attack stat. They are represented by the "health and attack" stats found on a creature card, but are attached to your hero.

Examples/Mock-Ups

Here are some examples and of what the cards examples of how the game will look like, they are fake and made on photoshop. The cards are not official and I don't own the illustrations.

Champion Cards:

Ice Warrior

Creature Card Example

Title Screen Example

Battle Screen Example

inb4 tl;dr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Interesting project.

When I saw the name I thought about Dora the Explorer for some reason...
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    Of course! That's Branding/Marketing at work. Easy to remember as one can relate the card game to the adorable dora!

There's a method to my madness.

Hope Nickelodeon doesn't sue rg. <_<;;;
    If spongebob has tcg why dora can't?
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So is it Awakening or Ascension?

A very good looking game. Love the art!
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, and by the way, "Embun Beku" translates as "Frozen Dew" in the Malay language. I assume its not coincidence?
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    If spongebob has tcg why dora can't?
    Lol good point!! It'll probably play like LoTR tcg where you play as Dora, Diego, The older girl and Boots to go on a quest to find things...but for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhou86 View Post
    Oh, and by the way, "Embun Beku" translates as "Frozen Dew" in the Malay language. I assume its not coincidence?
    Not a coincidence at all. haha The artist of that illustration is Malaysian, so when I made the card I wanted the name to be in Malaysian as a little eeaster egg of sorts. haha

Also it's Awakening, it used to be Ascension. xD; Sorry.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    Not a coincidence at all. haha The artist of that illustration is Malaysian, so when I made the card I wanted the name to be in Malaysian as a little eeaster egg of sorts. haha

Also it's Awakening, it used to be Ascension. xD; Sorry.
    Wow, a Malaysian??! That's so cool. *feels proud now*
    Really nice artwork.
    Is it free to play?

Greatness, Reborn.