Close

Thread: Boris Deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boris Deck

I haven't seen too many Boris decks in QM, but I find plenty of Boris is tournaments I've read about. I also notice that Boris tends to do very well in tournaments. What makes him less played in QM? I am hoping my Boris deck will be competitive in QM since that's all I ever do is play QM throughout the day. I have seen a few "solo"(lily makes it not a true solo deck, but meh) Boris decks on the forums and played around with those. (Keaven's is by far the most fun in my opinion) But I wanted to try one on my own and was hoping I could get a little fine tuning advice.

Hero
    1 Boris Skullcrusher

Allies
    4 Kristoffer Wyld
    4 Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 Aldon the Brave
    4 Priest of the Light
    3 Jasmine Rosecult
    2 Tainted Oracle
    2 Aeon Stormcaller

Spells/Support
    4 Smashing Blow
    4 Blood Frenzy
    4 Crippling Blow

Weapons/Armor
    4 Jeweler's Dream
    2 The King's Pride

(42 total)

It's pretty straightforward control deck. Keep their board clear, buff allies with Aldon/KP, use JD for resource pool, and keep your hand full with TO and BF. I'm wondering if I should have retreats and take out a CB and SB? Or replace TO for Bad Santa? I'm just not sure how to make this deck have more of a purpose?

Maybe I need a healing factor like Rampage. Originally I intended on creating an "Armored" Boris Deck, but this deck looked more viable.(I still plan on making the other deck too just for fun:P)
    Last edited by Siege; 12-07-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So... What do you do when an opponent lands an aeon in play?

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Retreat and then play a raven... Oh, never mind.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is not a control Boris. You play a lot of low cost allies, no Retreat!, no Armored Sandworm.

You should try to cut 2 cards. I would cut 1 Smashing blow and 1 Aldon.

One reason why there are so few Boris in QM is because there are so many Eladwen, and Boris' ability is not very usefull against her, espacially when you compare it with Amber's ability. When I played Boris I often ended my matches with Eladwen with 8 shadow energy.

Because of Eldwen you should add 2 ways to heal like Enrage/Rampage. With Boris 1 is not reliable enough imo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I knew I had nothing for an opposing Aeon, but i couldn't figure out which card would be good to stop him... I like to just finish off allies so I thought if i had done a good job keeping my ally presence up, I could CB Aeon and kill him with my Allies or use Jas to stall him attacking. This doesn't stop him using ability either wa y but hopefully I would have a lead by now.. maybe even have an aldon, jas/potl with a T7 kp(but thats stretching it i guess)... guess i'll have to fit retreat in there regardless.. thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    I knew I had nothing for an opposing Aeon, but i couldn't figure out which card would be good to stop him... I like to just finish off allies so I thought if i had done a good job keeping my ally presence up, I could CB Aeon and kill him with my Allies or use Jas to stall him attacking. This doesn't stop him using ability either wa y but hopefully I would have a lead by now.. maybe even have an aldon, jas/potl with a T7 kp(but thats stretching it i guess)... guess i'll have to fit retreat in there regardless.. thanks!
    And lose the 4x JD, you don't need so much resource acceleration. The card itself has little effect on board.

I disagree with Algork, boris has a decent game against elad, boris' guaranteed kill of a 3cc ally affects elad's rush. But I agree, adding a rampage might be a good idea, cutting a smashing blow is a good idea.

The gist of boris is his smooth draw and guaranteed ally kill at turn 4. His key moves start at turn 5, cb/retreat + jas/ald/potl is his bread and butter. With his focused ally control + ally flow, he can pulverise most ally based decks. Busti's WC deck is a good place to start.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all the advice! I remade the deck to look like the list below and have seen an immediate improvement in flow. I was even able to do well against a Zaladar deck by KOONDEN(ranked low 300s recently). I should have won but I made a terrible mistake in the last minute of the match. Live and learn. I tweaked slightly after the game with KOONDEN.
    Here is what the deck looks like now:

Hero
    Boris Skullcrusher

Allies
    3 Kristoffer Wyld
    3 Puwen Bloodhelm
    3 Jasmine Rosecult
    3 Priest of the Light
    3 Aldon the Brave
    2 Tainted Oracle
    2 Aeon Stormcaller

Abilites/Support
    4 Blood Frenzy
    3 Retreat
    3 Smashing Blow
    3 Rampage
    1 Enrage

Armor/Weapons
    3 Jeweler's Dream
    2 Dimension Ripper
    1 The King's Pride

(40 Cards total)

The Dimension Ripper came in handy against Zaladar late game and I figured it would come in handy late game against mages as well. The Jeweler's dream I like because I can use it to retreat an opposing fatty while I get another cheap shot at the opponent's hero with my 3cc allies. I just play 1-2 low cost allies and then hit with Jewler's Dream to gain the 2 resources I need to send back the Aeon/MD/PB/SK. Now next turn, I am better able to deal with the fatty should it return.

Hopefully, this looks a little better. Again thanks!