Thread: Zaladar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zaladar

shadow ability targets only allies = balanced

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Whaaaa.

I thought the ally clearing function of zaladar's ability was the ridiculous bit. What is he doing that's killing your hero so quickly? 4x shadow font?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zaladar is fine.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any changes to Zaladar will make him either weaker or imbalance. Now is fine.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by davidy22 View Post
    Whaaaa.

I thought the ally clearing function of zaladar's ability was the ridiculous bit. What is he doing that's killing your hero so quickly? 4x shadow font?
    the fact that he can clear any ally on your side and still deal damage to you is pretty dumb, if he can't kill it with a shadow font he has mind control, he can get by with playing 3 3 cost allies and end up winning and its just even harder when he does play a high cost card. im getting sick of losing to zaladars that sit at 5-7 recources and i cant keep an ally out for more than a turn. I can deal with mind control and it attacking your hero but the added damage from his ability and from mind control can literally win the game, 20+ damage from killing your allies on your hero is just downright dumb.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by K_rent View Post
    the fact that he can clear any ally on your side and still deal damage to you is pretty dumb, if he can't kill it with a shadow font he has mind control, he can get by with playing 3 3 cost allies and end up winning and its just even harder when he does play a high cost card. im getting sick of losing to zaladars that sit at 5-7 recources and i cant keep an ally out for more than a turn. I can deal with mind control and it attacking your hero but the added damage from his ability and from mind control can literally win the game, 20+ damage from killing your allies on your hero is just downright dumb.
    Zaladar's ability is no more dangerous than a Lightning Strike. There's no imbalance there, and no real need to cry foul.

He is actually not a difficult hero to beat, if you know what sort of approach to take with him. Take him out for a spin, play 30 games with him and then you'll see he's not as invincible as you first thought.

Incidentally, what hero are you using? Some heroes have trouble with Zal, some eat him for breakfast.

EDIT: If all else fails and you can't cope with him, build a Gwen deck. Zal will never bother you again. (But then you'll have to worry about Lance )
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What hero are you using?

*Edit: Opps, didn't see PB's reply. Completed agree with PB.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by K_rent View Post
    ... 20+ damage from killing your allies on your hero is just downright dumb.
    Only way he can do that with MC is if you oblige him by casting allies that have high attack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Only way he can do that with MC is if you oblige him by casting allies that have high attack.
    what i tend to do now against him is to not play high cost allies, maybe one when i need to but other than that he'll still get good damage on me.

I mostly use amber.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awww. Did someone get bullied by zaladar?

Zaladar has many weaknesses too. If you want to know what they are, try to play a bit of zaladar yourself, you'll realise them first hand.

Here's the core: 4x SF, MC, Brut, Garg.

Mix and match with: DMT, SK, MD, SL, BS, DR.

Tech with ST, LLN and Shriek.

Tadaah~