Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can Elementalis compete?

Hi everyone...

Elementalis has been the favorite hero of mine right from day one of my Shadow Era carreer and I've always wanted to make the ultimate deck using this "feeble" guy. So I'm appealing to all the Elementalis fans out there. HELP ME!!!

You might know the feeling. You've often tried, but you never seem to get it right. You know, building this "monster-house-power-Elementalis-deck". I've tried. Countless times - but it never get's the same wuhuu-nothing-gonna-stop-me-now-feeling as the great warrior, rogue, mage and priest decks that speed climb the ratings and win tournaments. The elemental brother, Zaladar, can compete with the best but what about Elementalis?

I'll post one of my better Elementalis deck's. I've managed to hold onto a rating in the 260's for long run but does anyone have a deck that can kick some real behind? Or even give up some usefull pointers on how to play this guy the right way?

The deck is as follows:

Hero: 1
    Elementalis

Allies: 24
    3 x Spark
    4 x Dark Flayer
    4 x Infernal Gargoyle
    3 x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4 x Wulven Tracker
    3 x Shadow Knight
    3 x Plasma Behemoth

Abilities: 18
    2 x Shriek of Vengeance
    3 x Bad Santa
    2 x Soul Reaper
    3 x Feedback
    2 x Sever Ties
    4 x Mind Control
    2 x Ley Line Nexus

Deck total: 43

Looking forward to your replies :-)

Best regards
    Bobbypim

( Rolf er ren )
    Last edited by Bobbypim; 12-05-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Asia Regional (Winter 2012) 2nd Place
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no.
    Youanthe - the freeman of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I remember reading some posts from Buqs, BlanketEffect and Fou DeLile they have decks posted that I would consider competitive maybe not past 300 but at least up to 300...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Short answer: No

Long answer: Very probably not

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a new (and Elemental) player, it would be informative to know *why* people don't think Elementalis can compete.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my experience, Elemantalis is great going first (second only to Eladwen on my stats sheet) but the worst Hero going 2nd. On average that makes him not so good. (that may be a result of my build though, Here Be Monsters is killer going first, check here if you like)

He kicks Maj, Zal and Banebow in the teeth pretty hard with buffed Gargoyles, but Humans roflstomp him with Retreat. Add common cards like Crippling Blow, Assassination, Now You're Mine, Raven, Tidal Wave and their friends and pretty much each Hero has at least one super effective counter to Elem's buffed dudes.

That and he severly lacks a way to make a comeback. There's no 2cc control card to combo with an ally to swing the board and his board wipe his expensive.

On the other hand, once in the lead he's hard to slow down with Mind Controls and a steady stream of allies.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well... I sort of knew the answer in advance :-(

But maybe the expansion will help rise Elementalis to glory. I hope so!!! But while waiting I'll continue to look for ways to give this guy credit!

( And of course - keep posting your help. Together we might find the solution! )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The most important thing to know with Elementalis, is knowing when to play an ally, and whe to buff it. This becomes incredibly hard vs. some Humans and Wulven and Warriors, but if you play right he can be a real threat.
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elementalis is weak gong second because he lacks cheap removal and thus makes it harder capture the board the same turn. This is where feedback is the key. This allows you to play an ally, and MC on the same turn thus clearing and retaking the board (depending on how many other allies there were). What's doubly awesome is that you can also boost the ally you played to have a stronger ally if your opponent did manage to still have other allies on the board. Sometime the stronger ally can't be dealt with so they redirect their efforts further allowing you access to get on the board. Another big weakness of Elementalis is retreat and DoU. These counter the buff that your SE ability is used for. Because of this I think it is extremely important to play with allies with summoning effects (DMT, Bella, SK...). If these guys are retreated you have an opportunity recieve the summoning benefit again....at least you get something, and combined with feedback you can possibly re-swarm the board the following turn. It is possible to get this puppy upto 300 but I thinki topped out around 305ish. Once you get to a point where your facing warriors with crippling blows and retreat.....like every battle.....you won't stand a consistent chance.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, unfortunately he's a bit on the low side in competition. I've been working on an Elementalis deck for some time now and it does fairly well (I could probably improve it, but I'm busy with the PFG atm).

As everyone has mentioned, cheap ally removal is what makes Elementalis so hard to play. Knowing when to buff certainly helps a lot as well. Unfortunately, its just one of those things you'll pick up on after you gain more experience with playing the hero. When facing human, though, you'll have to just pray they don't have a retreat. Against shadow, its much easier to make buff decisions, but still a difficult task with all the easy removal and what not.

Below is a match I recorded in March to kick off a guild internal set of videos, shows off my use of Elementalis if you're interested (even if it is outdated slightly ):

EDIT: After re-watching it, I made a few mistakes here and there, but hopefully you go the idea xD
    Last edited by Demnchi; 12-06-2012 at 03:13 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel