Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Voronar,

Welcome to the SE community ...

In my sig you may find some usefull links ...

Also I advice you not to use cards just one by one ... Try to make pack of 3 or 4 from the same card ...

So your 40 card deck should be indeed 12 or 13 different cards

This is my 2 cents ... see you in game ...
    IGN: d4dy

This is the link to deckbuilder
    This is the link to expansion deckbuilder
    This is the link to chat channel where you can find people to play custom games.
    This is the link to chat channel commands
    This is the link to board game "No Man's Land"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoosey View Post
    Welcome to the forum and the game. If I had more time I'd give you a full appraisal of deck. Clearly it's a work in progress. Tips for warriors....4 blood frenzy is a must! Card draw is king. Jasmine and Aldon best staple of the warrior class. Weapons not really necessary for Boris...but The Kings Pride is awesome. Try and get 2 copies in. You have too many 1 offs of cards. Check out the strategy section for decks and tips. It takes time, but you'll get there.

Good luck.
    That's very helpful information, thank you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the advice, I'll check out those links.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoosey View Post
    Welcome to the forum and the game. If I had more time I'd give you a full appraisal of deck. Clearly it's a work in progress. Tips for warriors....4 blood frenzy is a must! Card draw is king. Jasmine and Aldon best staple of the warrior class. Weapons not really necessary for Boris...but The Kings Pride is awesome. Try and get 2 copies in. You have too many 1 offs of cards. Check out the strategy section for decks and tips. It takes time, but you'll get there.

Good luck.
    That's very helpful information, thank you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah Thank you. I got 150 shadow crystals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Something to get you started: Here is my current Boris deck.

It's not the best Boris deck out there, and I'm not the most active Boris player, so the deck is a bit lacking, but it'll definitely improve your current deck, and makes you see which cards work in a Boris deck, and why. So, feel free to try it out.

Cheers.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Voronar... Playing a beginner Boris I would recommend:

4 x Puwen Bloodhelm (great turn two ally - even better if you have an Aldon ready for turn 3)
    3 x Aldon the Brave (This guy has an awesome little ability and demands attention right away)
    3 x Priest of the Light (use this card right and you'll ruin your opponents strategy)
    3 x Jasmine Rosecult (a gamewinner - hide her behind Aeon and you're on your way to a win)
    3 x Marshland Sentinel (once in a while you have no use for your shadow energy - the Sentinel will deal with the fatties)
    3 x Armored Sandworm (tough guy - very tough to kill and leathal with Aldon + War Banner)
    2 x Aeon Stormcaller (your general - he'll take the damage while leading the troops to victory)

4 x Blood Frenzy (draw power)
    3 x Crippling Blow (stop those annoying allies)
    2 x Rampage (a little healing bonus when killing opposing allies)
    2 x Enrage (more life - Always good, especially when your Blood Frenzy starts to hurt)
    3 x Smashing Blow (get rid of enemy weapons and armor)
    2 x War Banner (boost the damage done by your own allies)
    3 x Retreat (slow your opponent and mess up his gameplay)

This deck is fast, easy to play and will win a lot of games in the lower/mid ratings. It shouldn't take to long either collecting the gold/crystals to pay for this deck. (Aeon is expensive, but worth it) Once you reach the higher ratings you want to mix in a couble of "expensive" items, like The Kings Pride, Berserker's Edge and/or Jeweler's Dream and some more draw power (Honored Dead/Bad Santa or even Dimension Ripper)

But of course the cards listed above are only suggestions and a matter of taste and temper. Good luck with building your own Boris deck!

Best regards
    Bobbypim

(Rolf er ren)
    Last edited by Bobbypim; 12-03-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Something to get you started: Here is my current Boris deck.

It's not the best Boris deck out there, and I'm not the most active Boris player, so the deck is a bit lacking, but it'll definitely improve your current deck, and makes you see which cards work in a Boris deck, and why. So, feel free to try it out.

Cheers.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. These forums seems to be full of people willing to help out, it's awesome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, this is the most in-depth answer I've seen on the thread by far, thanks for the help. I'll be sure to use this deck!