Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please Help - Human Hunter Deck

Could someone please help me, giving me some ideas and suggestions on how to finalize my Human Hunter Deck? I am not paying a penny for purchasing cards, so I really struggled to get here, and now I am able to win half the P vs. P matches I play. I started as Victor (which is really good in the very beginning, since you have no weapons), but now I realize the Gwen is much better.

Sorry for any mispellings, I am not a native english speaker, I'm from Brazil.

Follows my deck:

Hero:
    1x Victor Heartstriker
    1x Gwenneth Truesight

Allies:
    4x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Dirk Saber
    4x Blake Windrunner
    3x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3x Aldon the Brave
    1x Tainted Oracle

Abilities:
    4x Poison Arrow
    2x Flaming Arrow
    4x Retreat

Weapons and Armor:
    3x Soul Seeker Bow
    3x Beetle Demon Bow
    2x Guardian's Oath
    2x Wrath of the Forest

I am planning of using some rapid fires instead of the tainted oracle or retreats. Any ideas on how to improve?

Thank you so much!
    Last edited by Artrue; 11-29-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Victor and Gwenneth are very different, so I don't think you can have a deck work for both of them.
    What's more, you can't say that Gwen is much better, for both of them could be good somehow.
    To improve your deck, you might have to realize the importance of card-drawing.
    Tainted Oracle and Wrath of the Forest may be a good choice for you.
    You should have at least 7 cards as draw engine in a 40 card deck.
    Enjoy your Shadow Era! I'm sure you'll be a great Hunter player!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your ideas. I understand Victor and Gwenneth are very different cards, Gwenneth is more bow oriented while Victor should backed up by an ally board control deck, but still, I'm kind of in the middle of the two. How about using 2 more Wrath of the Forest, or some Surprise Attack? I don't want to keep on using the Tainted Oracle!

Thanks again for your help!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've also been working on a hunter deck(Gwen). Mine isn't perfect but some tips from me would be to 1. get rid of Blake for Jasmine he's hard to use effectively if you don't have board control because of how easily he can be taken out, 2. for bows run 4 SS and 2 Beetle Demon, the amount you have, although I don' know how it works for you, but I think it's overloading on bows, 3. as you said you should add rapid fire at least 2, and it's a personal preference but use Night Prowler instead of Wrath of the Forest then add bazaar to make up for it, and 4. I would keep at least 3 Retreats and would also work in some Net Traps, they're very nice for slowing down your opponent

You could get more specific than that but those are just some general tips. I hope that helps.
    Proud Member of AA1

"I am neither foe nor friend to my brothers, but such as each of them shall deserve of me." -Ayn Rand

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyruel View Post
    I've also been working on a hunter deck(Gwen). Mine isn't perfect but some tips from me would be to 1. get rid of Blake for Jasmine he's hard to use effectively if you don't have board control because of how easily he can be taken out, 2. for bows run 4 SS and 2 Beetle Demon, the amount you have, although I don' know how it works for you, but I think it's overloading on bows, 3. as you said you should add rapid fire at least 2, and it's a personal preference but use Night Prowler instead of Wrath of the Forest then add bazaar to make up for it, and 4. I would keep at least 3 Retreats and would also work in some Net Traps, they're very nice for slowing down your opponent

You could get more specific than that but those are just some general tips. I hope that helps.
    I like your suggestions! Specially in what concerns to Blake, he really isn't that good, unless you have board control, but I was thinking to get some Armored Sandworm instead of Jasmine.

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Artrue View Post
    Thanks for your ideas. I understand Victor and Gwenneth are very different cards, Gwenneth is more bow oriented while Victor should backed up by an ally board control deck, but still, I'm kind of in the middle of the two. How about using 2 more Wrath of the Forest, or some Surprise Attack? I don't want to keep on using the Tainted Oracle!

Thanks again for your help!
    In fact, I like Surprise Attack very much!
    It can do a great job to help you increase your resources when you already have the board ctrl.
    But it lower your allies'(especially Sandworm) use of wear away opponent's weapon dur.
    Last edited by Index; 12-02-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a decent victor deck. Why not sandworms AND jasmine, not one or the other. I'd say puwen better than kris and Blake and dirk. 3 aldon is good. I'd put 4 jasmine 4 puwen 3 aldon and 3 Sandworm. 2 aeon for late game. Rest is up to you. Priest of the Light is good. So is Raven. If I were you I'd keep 2 tainted oracle though.

Definitely 3-4 wrath of the forest. 4 soul seeker. Retreat, 3-4. If victor, use 4 poison arrow. For sure. Maybe 2 flaming arrow as well. Feel free to pm me with questions. Good luck!!
    x Einherjar x

"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions." -Paulo Coelho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cara, eu sou adminstrador de um grupo de jogadores Brasileiros no facebook. O link do grupo está na minha assinatura, só colar no navegador. Espero que você entre

Sorry boys, edited. Now in English. The words above are too much specific and don't need to be translated. Below is that matter.

I'm working on a deck of Victor now, and he can certainly be very good, as much or even more than Gwen!
    For now I'll pass as is mine, not finished yet:

Victor http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....2se031.2se132

3 Kristoffer
    4 Jasmine
    3 Aldon
    3 Tainted Oracle
    4 Puwen
    2 Raven
    3 Aeon

4 Poison Arrow
    2 Flaming Arrow
    2 Retreat
    2 Ley Line Nexus
    4 Soul Seeker
    4 Wrath of the Florest

Kris helps you wearing weapon/armor, finish enemy allies, and also helps you to buy cards when you're with Whath of the Florest

Jasmine gives you field control and can lock the field, winning the game for you. In addition, 3/4 by 3cc, is a suberb status that deserves being used.

Aldon combo with Kris very well. And cool for him on the field before Jasmine to preserve her for later, or after her, making her stay 4/4 killing most of the cards cost 4 or less. I put 3 coz he is unique, and This disturbs sometimes

Tainted Oracle: because you need to buy cards! and believe me, he presses the field very well when used, and makes things in your favor. With WotF you buy 3 cards, and your opponent will not want to let him die! this give to you attack on the table, or at least, a body to protect the hero. TO can turn the things at you favor. One of the best cards in this deck! (when properly used)

Puwen by now is the best T2 human ally. Going first with Aldon kills the opponent's Puwen

Raven and Sandsworm are great T5. But Raven has a better attack (even with Aldon), and gives you more control. And it gets better with WotF than Sandsworm.

Aeon don't need much comments. One of the best cards in the game. Put Jasmine and Aeon together and is nearby a GG.

Poison Arrow gives you much control field at the beginning, and finalizes in the middle of the game, and keep your allies safe in the field. Flaming Arrow is good for killing allies with much resistance, as Sandsworm and Infernal Gargoyle.

retreat is one of the best cards that humans have access to. great for when your opponent drops that heavy beast that you do not have how to kill at once because the ability of Victor is not charged.

LLN helps fight the decks that use heavy armaments. Besides benefiting with + 1 card, of course.

Soul Seeker is, along with Anklebreaker and Dagger of Unmaking the best weapons in the game! no more comments!

Wrath of the Floret is VERY important because it will give an extra gas for your deck, helping you draw. Combo special with Kris and TO kamikazes!

Well, I hope i have helped. As I said, the deck is not 100% yet, but you can get an idea of what to do. If help to improve yours, my job is done
    Last edited by Diogo Hohenheim Courier; 12-03-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    BRK Counselor
    Admin @ Shadow Era BRAZIL
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/shadowerabr
    Falo português - Hablo español - English speaker

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^What he said

(I have no idea, but I'm sure it was good advice , plus the deck looks good)
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo Hohenheim Courier View Post
    Cara, eu sou adminstrador de um grupo de jogadores Brasileiros no facebook. O link do grupo está na minha assinatura, só colar no navegador. Espero que você entre
    Estou trabalhando em um deck de Victor agora, e ele com certeza pode ser muito bom, tanto ou até mesmo mais do que a Gwen!
    Por hora vou te passar como está o meu, não finalizado ainda:

Victor http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....2se031.2se132

3 Kristoffer
    4 Jasmine
    3 Aldon
    3 Tainted Oracle
    4 Puwen
    2 Raven
    3 Aeon

4 Poison Arrow
    2 Flaming Arrow
    2 Retreat
    2 Ley Line Nexus
    4 Soul Seeker
    4 Wrath of the Florest

Kris te ajuda a desgastar armas/armaduras, e a finalizar aliados adversários, além disso, te ajuda a comprar cartas quando você está com Whath of the Florest em jogo

Jasmine tá dá controle de campo e pode trancar o campo, ganhando o jogo pra ti. Além disso, 3/4 por 3cc, é demais pra não ser usado

Aldon comba com Kris muito bem. E legal por ele em campo antes da Jasmine para preservar ela pra mais tarde, ou depois dela, fazendo ela ficar 4/4 mantando a maioria das cartas de custo 4 ou menor. Botei 3 pq ele é unique, e isso atrapalha as vezes

Tainted Oracle por que você precisa de cards para comprar! e acredite, ele pressiona muito o campo quando bem usado, e torna as coisas a teu favor. Com WotF você compra 3 cartas, e seu oponente não vai querer deixar ele morrer! te dando ataque livre para virar o jogo. Uma das melhores cartas nesse deck! (quando bem usada)

Puwen por hora é o melhor aliado humano de T2. Indo primeiro com Aldon mata o Puwen do adversário

Raven e Sandsworm São ótimos T5. Mas Raven tem um ataque melhor (ainda mais com Aldon), e te dá mais controle. E ela fica melhor com WotF do que Sandsworm.

Aeon acho que dispensa comentários. Uma das melhores cartas do jogo. Botar ele e uma Jasmine juntos e é GG.

Poison Arrow te dá muito controle de campo o começo, e finaliza bem no meio do jogo, além de manter seus aliados seguros no campo. Flaming Arrow é bom pra matar allies com muita resistência, como Sandsworm e Infernal Gargoyle.

retreat é uma das melhores cartas que humanos tem acesso. ótimo pra quando teu oponente desce aquele bicho pesado que vc não tem como matar de uma vez pq a habilidade do Victor não está carregada.

LLN the ajuda a combater decks que usem armamento pesado. Além de beneficiar com + 1 carta, claro.

Soul Seeker é, junto com Anklebreaker e Dagger of Unmaking as melhores armas do jogo! dispensa comentários!

Wrath of the Floret é MUITO importante, pq vai dar um gás pro teu deck, te ajudando a comprar. Combo especial com Kris e TO kamikazes!

Bom, espero ter ajudado. Como disse, o deck não está 100% ainda, mas dá pra ter uma ideia do que fazer. Se tiver ajudado a melhorar o teu já valeu
    Unless you are in the specific language sub-forum, please keep your posts in English.