Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Y u no use me in your deck?!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    It's funny how you realize that 100 card decks are worse compared to your 60+. But you're oblivious as to why a 60+ is worse than a 40. If you want to ask why you are not doing well, I think you should heed the advice handed to you by some of the best players in the game, who have posted in this thread. If you seriously want to improve, cut it to 40. Until then you're still the rookie that you said you didn't want to seem like in the op.
    AAAAAHHH, but I haven't yet! Just kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyruel View Post
    The only issue with a bigger, less concentrated deck is that they are very erratic. Having a smaller deck with a higher concentration of small variety will allow you to be more consistent and more confident in how your games will play out. Like you said it was probably more luck than a good deck build that allowed you to get those two wins. As for not liking retreat/dou sometimes killing your opponents allies is not an option(as was said before retreat is also nice for getting nasty attachments off your allies). For example, retreat will be better vs an infused gargoyle than your allies/abilities. I think my favorite thing about retreat is that it prevents(to some extent) snowballing. If you play retreat it causes your opponent to take a step back or at the very least renders his/her current board setup less viable.
    (Never thought I'd say this but...) ^This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I hate to say it, but check the replays of the top 10 players (or any of the top 100 for that matter), and check their deck sizes. What FDL and Atom are saying is true.

Jacqui loves his big decks, but that's because he's such an exceptional player that he can overcome the consistency issues
    Or check mine!!!!! I have never played a deck with more than 43 cards in it, and hopefully I can avoid ever doing it.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I am sorry Deja, but now you have another person against you. I don't believe that with your huge deck(making sure I spell that right) it is highly unlikely that you will get very far against a great deck that is fourty cards or 39 or what not. I know that the best way to deal with Elementalis is that you disable the allies he/she buffs and let them waste their ability on it. I usually when I play him, have a stragtegy in mind, but I nearly lost as Gravebone, but barely won, and so I know how hard it is to beat him.
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    (Wait, I just realized this is a troll thread, dang! We are fooled again!)
    Um, ok. Now, it sounds like you are used to be being fooled. Good luck on that one, too. U still don't end ur sentences with dots, though. sigh...

Can a moderator close this thread, please? I think this discussion is over now. Thanks!

EDIT: Natethegreat, Thanks for ur opinion. I will take it in consideration.
    Last edited by Deja Vu; 11-28-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Snake View Post
    Y u no use me in your deck?!
    Post of the day.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just on the decksize thing, the simplest way I've seen on it is the poker deck analogy:

When you introduce the game to someone, it’s common for them to ask, “what’s the maximum number of cards?” rather than the minimum. Then we tell them they should play 40, and they either believe us or they don’t. Well, you really should just play 40, and the reason is simple—you play the best 40 cards you have. If you want to add a 41st card, logically it is worse than the 40 you already have.

If it were better, then it’d be one of the 40 best, not the 41st best, and, on average, whenever you draw it’s probably going to be a little worse than whatever else you could be drawing. Just imagine you’re playing poker, and you can build your own deck—would you rather have 4 Aces, 4 Kings, 4 Queens; or 4 Aces, 4 Kings, 4 Queens and a 6?
    It's harder in SE to work out what your "6" is, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try or that the principle is incorrect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    And, no, I don't believe in the smaller deck=better deck myth. Like I said, I do pretty well with mine right now.
    *facepalm*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    *facepalm*
    24354187.jpg

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is there no staff on this forum? lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Funny thread is funny.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    Why stop there? Put every card you own in there.
    play a custom bot with over 250 cards and get wrecked