Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Two problems with Elemental decks

Number one transference allows elementals to use class specific abilities, and number two Eternal Renewal shuffles all other Eternal Renewals back into the deck, they never run out of cards. Anyone else agree?
    Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Transference, but Eternal Renewal doesn't matter. It doesn't belong into a good elemental deck anyways.
    Frip @GameCenter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elemental players would argue that whilst there may be 2 problems with elementals, there are a whole, whole lot more with humans
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dunno... transference would be pretty worthless if you couldn't even USE the card that you stole... Basically anytime you weren't playing against another elemental you'd run a pretty high risk of getting a card you couldn't use... and against humans it would be pretty much worthless.

I'd even go as far as to say that what MAKES elementals so unique is their ability to steal (and use) opponents cards against them. I don't think it's really OP because even once you get the card you still need to use the resources to PLAY it.

I also agree with Calmdown that right now Human allies being better than shadow allies is a far bigger problem... but that's a discussion for another thread.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Transference is a great card to play with or against it.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You could always use them as resources.
    Frip @GameCenter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @frip Yea... but would it really be worth putting in a deck then? I'm not sure essentially making someone discard a card that you convert into a resource is worth 3 resources...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, Just going by my own experience, I trash humans all the time with a number of different decks. It's not too hard, but when it comes to elementals one of two things always happens. They either transference my CLASS specific abilities, or they run out of cards and continually use eternal renewal to bleed me dry. Maybe restrict the use of class specific abilities, and allow the use of human allies. I don't mind if they steal my key cards, it is what makes elementals scary, but then being able to use it on me. I have one less card, could be a key card, that means I don't have as many cards to turn into resources, not to mention the option of HBM. Not usually concerned about it, but it's a factor. Just a little too OP. I'm not whining, I know that balancing the scales is an eternal job that being said I'm testing out a Baduruu deck that seems to have some promise.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the best response is this. If Elementals are a significant part of the meta then it needs to be taken into consideration with your deck building. The patch is what like a day old now? Much experimenting to be done.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovai View Post
    I think the best response is this. If Elementals are a significant part of the meta then it needs to be taken into consideration with your deck building. The patch is what like a day old now? Much experimenting to be done.
    Indeed, I just hate having to build my deck around one deck in order to be competitive, plus if I encounter an alleged problem it's only right to point it out right? Part of it is definitely me refusing to go over to the "dark side" and play whatever is most popular, but there's something amiss when the majority of decks consistently lose against one build. It's almost a miracle to win against an elemental deck, for me at least. If anyone has any suggestions on builds or strategies to help, I'd be glad to listen