2 aeon

3 pa
    2 fa
    3 retreat

4 bad santa
    4 ss

i've been facing warriors all night, and it's about 50/50 so far
    A1 1ndeed - The Black Lotus of A1 - A1: Evolution in Theory

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold, or a coat of red, a lion still has claws;
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ndeed View Post
    Lol, sick of losing to triple nova, how do you feel about spell bands? With a sideboard you can rotate spell bands, crimson vest, and grave cloak for solo heros.
    In the current meta I run bands instead of LLN (in side boards, they are exchangable). They are too crucial when you need them, and even if you don't, you can use them to soak up 6 damage, or sac them. I don't know about crimson vest, I've never liked it. i don't know why. So I haven't used it. Couldn't tell you a con (except maybe its dura being inferior to bands). Gravekeepers cloak always seems like a wasted card to me. Victor does one thing, and he does it fairly well. I don't think he really needs what people have already used, but i could be persuaded otherwise.

I agree with the traps as well. I want them to be good, but not being able to react to an arrow is too powerful to over look. I used Death trap Vs MistahBoweh in game 2 of our regional match to some effect. It helped me to gain valuable tempo after a tidal wave, but only because i was going first. (dropping Jasmine and Deathtrap on an empty board = 1 billion tempo points) Game three however, he was able to overcome that advantage, and knock me out of the runnings for good. Vs portal decks, my issue is that they ALWAYS know it is coming. any good self respecting portal won't drop one on T4, so you won't know when they are going to drop it. I don't like 1 for 1 trades with Vic, he can't afford them. He needs to play an ally, have him stick, and have him take someone else out. Paying a card to kill a card just isn't the best option.
    Enlisted to Endure's "Bullet Stopper"

Human Hero

(1SE): Lose target tournament.

"This is so much fu.... Crap... I lost."

E-Mail______Twitter______YouTube

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i'm finding that with victor i can't just look at my cards and find a "good play". i have to always look out for the Optimal play. you have to think, "how can i do this using the least number of cards?"

i'm not sure i like the armors for victor, any of them. wotf is a big tempo loss at a crucial moment, and vic can't protect it as well as bb can. crimson vest isn't that good and will get taken down just like the wotf. spell-bands is sideboard material for me in this deck, because with ss and sandworms you should already be pretty decent vs mages.

when you cut lln, did you add kris to help deal with armors/weapons?

i forget which expansion preview it was, but i'm so f'n excited for the 4cc ally/item destruction...

anyway check out ETC 1ndeed vs Zerilos . playing vs a portal majiya, i think it was a great match.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No I haven't added Kris, I find there are ways around all the items that most people play. Snow saphire for instance, I just keep the board locked down for a while, and designate 2 allies to hit it when they can if you control like Victor should, it's not usually a problem. I don't like having to play WotF, but it's all victors got unfortunately. I tried TO, but it just makes a mildly bad match up Vs Warriors REALLY bad (CB all my TO and i'm SOL on card draw). I will watch that game as soon as I can
    Enlisted to Endure's "Bullet Stopper"

Human Hero

(1SE): Lose target tournament.

"This is so much fu.... Crap... I lost."

E-Mail______Twitter______YouTube

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey there TMG.

Regarding the cons to Crimson Vest. It more or less duplicates what seeker does in the first place for a very high price. The healing you can get from seeker can be augmented much better with POTL's or Honored deads. I like to save t6 for an aeon/sandworm or 3cc ally+arrow. The armor itself is good -2 dmg x4 is nothing to sneeze at but for 6cc band almost can match it (5 vs 8 dmg red) but also protects against a host of other damage sources.

Sure WOTF is a tempo killer, but your alternatives are TO/Honored dead. Each has it own issues (Tome of knowledge would be great for hunters, no?). Against mages or priest, WOTF on t4 is a neccessary evil to protect against the inevitable t5 board wipe. Even if they blast it with shriek or Focused Prayer, that will hamper their t4/t5 options and almost give you a free turn to hit the hero again.

I've found that Victor can top deck very well until t5-7 but then if you don't get a TO, HD, WOTF, or BS to work, you can find yourself with limited card options.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    right now i'm just playing 3 TO and 3 Santa for draw. my opinion right now is that rather than take a sub-par draw engine, i'd rather just maximize efficiency by picking the optimal play every turn. with victor's ability to bring back arrows and a well timed TO or santa i find i'm usually ok. plus i have cards like sandworm, which are indirect card advantage because your opponent may spend 2-3 spells to remove it. and played correctly victor can stall with a simple bow and an arrow or two. but yea, having access tome of knowledge would be godly

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is such a fun deck to play, and its underused and unexpected. Anyone who has spent a lot of time playing victor, please add to the discussion, we need ya secrets

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm using TO, and SW + SA as draw engine. 4 SW 3 SA, and 2 or 3 TO, can't remember exactly. Works pretty darn well considering SW is hard to remove, and if I top it off with Aeon I can pretty much have a perma draw engine out. I'm considering moving in some BS for early draw, because if you get a bad start hand you can't always bet on top decking to get you back into the game. even though BS might have a negative effect at times, it's worth it to try and get yourself ready for the mid/late game if you've got a bad start. Plus his control is pretty locked down so you can afford to toss that BS down with disregard for +/-'s. I've always enjoyed Victor, and before the reset he got me into the mid 200's single handedly. He's got a lot of options, and a lot of ways of dealing with every type of deck it's just a matter of what the meta is. In all though I feel he can be made to have a really well rounded deck no matter what.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i have several issues with SA. first, you lose tempo to play it. victor wants to be playing allies and control cards, and to take 3 resources to cast it, you already lose tempo. then let's say they retreat your ally. now you lost 3 turns of tempo. (1 for the ally, 1 turn for the SA, 1 turn to replay the ally). and you gained no card advantage.

then, your next problem will be that the SA is covering your arrows in the graveyard, so you won't be able to get to them, so you lose more control cards.

i'm using 4 TO an 2 bad santa right now, i haven't had too many issues with draw. if you conserve your cards and play optimally each turn, you should be able to have at least 3 cards in your hand the whole game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So tone, wheres your list at?