Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Victor Quivers

I just started using a Victor deck and it is incredibly fun to play. It's reassuring to know that, as long as you have 4 shadow energy, there's no fatty in the game that can really cause you any trouble. Considering Victor's main strength is synergy and card efficiency, I find occasional draw is sufficient rather than a dedicated draw engine. I'm also hesitant to use bilateral draw like Bad Santa because in the end, you're usually giving the opponent card advantage, which seems counterproductive in a control deck. I run 4xTaints and 2xHonor the Dead and that's usually all the draw I need. HTD isn't a particularly highly regarded card, but I discovered it wasn't 1/2 bad in Meltdown and I feel it works well in this deck. Just not well enough to run 4 copies of it. I also needed Honor The Dead for heal before I had the Soulseekers.

I keep 2xSever Ties in the deck to deal with Blood Frenzy and the other really bad matchup - solo decks. If you end up against a deck without a good target for ST, it's one of the few cards in the decks you can afford to sac. No one plays with Sever Ties, at least at the rating I play at, so when Boris or Amber loses their Frenzy it's a big surprise and often game over.

My rating isn't great, so maybe the deck could use a lot of tweaking, but here's the decklist:
    4xKris
    4xPuwen
    4xJasmine
    3xAldon
    3xSandworms
    4xTaints
    3xPoison Arrows
    4xFlaming Arrows
    2xHonor Dead
    2xSever Ties
    3xLay Line Nexus
    4xSoul Seekers

Any advice is appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks on point to me.

I think youre correct that victor needs ocassional draw rather than an engine. Dont get me wrong, i would love access to ToK but vic will be fine with 1) some* draw, 2) a well tuned deck, and 3) efficient/optimal use of cards.

So you have to conserve cards. If you can kill an ally with what you already have on board, it is usually better than playing additional cards just to play them or get damage in. (Ex: if you have sandworm + puwen in play and need to kill enemy jas, just attack it with allies. Dont use your ability, dont play an arrow, save thise cards. Even if you can get additional damage in by playing more cards, its best to keep a minimum of 3 cards in hand than to burn out late game, unless you have a TO in play.

So 4x TO is a good start. HD is a great card imo, but my vic is centered around sandworms. SW doesnt like to be in the graveyard, so im not sure how useful HD will be on a consistet basis. Santa at least can dig for a game saving card, when uou NEED that soul seeker or aldon...
    A1 1ndeed - The Black Lotus of A1 - A1: Evolution in Theory

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold, or a coat of red, a lion still has claws;
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Has anyone used EP instead of sandworm or raven? One thing i find is victor can stay in the game a long time but has no real wincondition. Cant double fireball, cant slap down a KP, no portal. I was thinking aeon + EP would at least be a win condition, but of course youd prolly have to cut sandworm to make room, and SW is one of the best cards in my deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the problem for victor is no board wipe.
    it is very hard to deal with aeon + sw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dont think a board wipe is what vic needs, although ill certainly take one if you cycle your arrows conservatively, you should be able to deal with 2-3 allies. The problem for me is getting outdrawn late game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a deck on my website that was done by Keithstar if you wish to take a look at it and compare it to yours. Maybe it will give you some ideas.
    http://grimguardians.wix.com/scholarsoftheshadows
    Founder and formal leader of the guild Guardians of Shadow Era

Gift to the Shadow Era community
    scholarsoftheshadows.com

I serve the community anyway I can
    Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild
    Contact me for any of the above by PMing me on these forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ndeed View Post
    Has anyone used EP instead of sandworm or raven? One thing i find is victor can stay in the game a long time but has no real wincondition. Cant double fireball, cant slap down a KP, no portal. I was thinking aeon + EP would at least be a win condition, but of course youd prolly have to cut sandworm to make room, and SW is one of the best cards in my deck
    I've tried it from time to time. I've found EP, worm, and Raven to all be pretty equal as t5 ally options. The problem with EP is that it is tough to play it on t5 and keep it around till t6 for the Aeon. So if your waiting till t7 to drop it behind the aeon (assuming that sticks), what to do with t5... I've aimed for using worms and bows on t5 with aeon/EP on t6/t7. If you can get it to work its great against all but tidals, nova, and discharge...problem I've had is that two of these are very common and with vic's less than great draw its tough to recover from putting all of your eggs in that basket. The other problem is that with aeon and EP is they are unique so if they get disabled or crippled in someway any dups in your hand are just dead.

I've found that a t5 worm sticks with greater frequency, and if an aeon can drop and stick, t7 starts to get really tough for the opponent.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what victor lacks now is draw. do u think SA is good ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kcleungab View Post
    what victor lacks now is draw. do u think SA is good ?
    If you can get it to stick for few turns it is great with vic as he can get it back. The expantion also seems to have help in this regards (draw and attachement recycling).
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24