Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Weapons with human warriors

If I'm running Boris based on JD, probably 3 in deck, as a backup weapon which is better, rusted longsword or dimension ripper?

Also, Sandworm, raven, or both?

And has anyone found any uses for katrin the shieldmaiden?

Thanks all.
    x Einherjar x

"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions." -Paulo Coelho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No need for backup weapons with Boris, it doesn't really form part of his core strategy.

Instead add moar allies!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    No need for backup weapons with Boris, it doesn't really form part of his core strategy.

Instead add moar allies!
    This. And if you are building a deck around JD, why not 4?. If you are playing Aeon, a Raven behind him is great control. Shieldmaiden isn't very good since she can only buff one. Could be used to help prolong Aeon though, and if you are also running buffs such as KP, Aldon or War Banner, she would become a decent threat herself. A complicated scenario to get setup though.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome thanks guys. Ok I wasn't sure about those backups. Perhaps that's better for Amber. Or maybe if I were running BE instead. But ok then. Definitely playing Aeon. Haven't landed yet on 2 or 3 of them. Definitely buffing, too. Anyway thank you!
    Last thing, puwen. Yes or no? I don't need kris I know, isn't necessary. Jasmine is a definite.
    x Einherjar x

"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions." -Paulo Coelho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm I find Kris is deadly for Boris, especially with The King's Pride. But then again, its not a must-have. Puwen is more essential I believe. Getting an ally out on t2 will exert some good pressure on your opponent.

Side note: JD syncs well with many cards in a warrior's deck. Puwen, Retreat, Crippling Blow, Jasmine's ability, Bad Santa (if you play it). Also to cast 2 3cc allies on 4 resources.

And JD x 4 is enough weapons for Boris, because his ability (unlike Amber) does not revolve around weapons. So weapons play is not the core strategy here.
    Last edited by Zhou86; 11-23-2012 at 06:29 AM.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks much. yeah I figure kris is good if running BE, but since this deck isnt, then it wont be needed. i assumed I will play TO instead of bad santa. Whats hard to decide though is whether or not to add sandworms along with raven... thinking ill definitely have some PoTL though.
    x Einherjar x

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kris is good if you are running The King's Pride, not BE.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well, where I was going with that is in my berserker deck, the strategy I employ is to hit hard and fast until BE comes out, then really pile on the damage. So Kris works for me for immediate damage in the opening rounds. with Kings Pride of course, it really shines, but then, so does Sandworm and Jasmine and Priest of the Light. So...
    x Einherjar x

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Berserker is great for solo.
    Weapons are not essential for a Boris deck with allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    true. not essential. i am running JD now though. awesome utility
    x Einherjar x