Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Best new deck for me?

Hi all, I am currently playing reaver's eldawen deck, eldawen being so far my only hero:
    http://www.shadowera.com/forumdispla...-Mage-Strategy

I want a new deck, so could anyone give me a deck to investigate that follows these guidlines. Start with the top ones and go down as far as possible with one deck type.

1. Must be a top competetive deck. This means it must be have very few, if any, counters and must be able to do well in almost any situation
    2. Must not be a stall deck (millstalker/stalladar)
    3. Must be able to go at least 50/50 vs these two stall decks
    4. Going hand in hand witht the top post, hero must have an ability that can used on friendly targets or the enemy hero (does not rely on enemy having certain things on board)
    5. Choose the cheapest that applies so far (deduct value of my current cards whe applicable)
    6. Choose which one wins the fastest

What would be very helpful would be if you can give me a human option and a shadow option (or multiples of each!). Would be funy if you would say "had to stop at point 1 because the most competetive decks this meta are millstalker and stalladar-good day" but I am hoping this is not the case lol.

Things that seem strong to me (then again I am naive):
    Undead banebow (grave resistance, tombstone beacon, detah collector, harbringer of the lost, hunter's gambit, rampart krygon, der'kan bone king, shadow knight)

Decks that can disable all your allies and still have enough resources to play an ally and take the board (things like spiked bolas, now you're mine, etc...)

Hunter decks and their insane draw/hand replenishment and ally murder cards (victor, poisoned arrow, wrath of the firest)
    Last edited by Romakarol; 07-23-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Look for any of the 300+ decks and choose the hero you like in your price range.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Take a look at this thread to get you started

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....red-Fates-quot

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Let me make this easier actually:
    You see the banebow deck? I like it, but I dont like banebow(s art).

Therefore: can you please provide a wulfen deck that follows those criteria and is as good/better then such a banebow deck? Alternatively a deck that uses those cards but not banebow himself (while still being as good?).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is one important thing: your kind of game. If you want play control I think that you can choise Tala, very strong and a little bit cheaper than victor or garth, shadow i think that zaladar discard is very strong.
    But you have to write if you want a lot of ally or ally and weapon or a lot of abilty (not mill) so what kind of game can/want you play? because the most important thing is how you can play your deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Romakarol View Post
    Alternatively a deck that uses those cards but not banebow himself (while still being as good?).
    Zaladar (Undead, discard or Karash/Gargoyle/Acolyte) ticks all of your boxes.

I don't think Millstalker should be a consideration in your deck choice. He's nowhere to be seen. Any Hero with direct damage capabilities has a shot against him anyways. Stalladar is strictly worse.

The Moonstalker Wulven tribal deck is pretty strong right now. But it plays nothing like BB or Zal.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the replies all.
    @I like both tala and zaladar's abilities, I'll check those decks. Playing rush or control I don't care about, so long as it isn't stall, but of course finishing games quickly is a nice bonus.

I like:
    -no win plays: treasured heirloom, tainted oracle, etc.
    -ticking timebombs: voracious arachnic, corpse collector, etc
    -cards that are very annoying, but not annoying enough that you prioritize them over other things/cannot because killing them would cost too much resources for what you get: blood moon, the priest staff that lets you draw, wrath of the forest, infernal gargoyle
    -fast/surprise cards (removal like spiked bolas/crippling blow/layarian seductress, hasted allies lie rampart krygon, strong weapons)
    -strong turn 2 plays (pack wolf, harbringer of the lost)

@FDL: are you saying zaladar and BB are the top decks, or just some of the top decks and wulfen are simply not a top deck. What is BB (banebow I am guessing?).

Is there a tier 1 super-fast deck? Aka a deck that can make a lot of surpise play like krygon/cheap removal cards/layarian seductress that kinds of stuff. Deck where you don't just put things on the field and dare you opponent to try and take them out, but actively surprise and dictate the game? Prefferably with hasted allies?
    Last edited by Romakarol; 07-23-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    FYI, BB has an alt card too. Might be more to your liking.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fyi?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds to me like he said that the Moonstalker decks simply don't play like Zaladar or Banebow both of which deal direct damage to two targets. I agree with Catenzo about Tala. Threbin is beastly as well. Aramia has here Aetherborn builds which might be the cheapest route for you as you already have cards suited for human mages. Rothem deserves an honorable mention but he's crazy expensive.