Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_man View Post
    @twitch hate to slowly start agreeing with your point of view. I was a big fan of this game and on production was an even bigger fan, but it seems like Wulven is just too small of a company to handle a TGC. I was hoping by now everyone would have their orders, their bonuses, and a second set would be in physical production. Unfortunately they only have one guy doing the promotion OHG, who is doing a great job, but trying to do a world wide game with only 1 person doing promotion sucks. The support team (anadolt) has quit. Just seems like instead of growing its being held up by its own success.

If Wulven wants to have any chance at keeping people entertained, the second set of cards NEEDS to just get pushed up. They should be on the public system by now, and I don't think they are on the public beta yet. When the game launched, I had made a comment to my friends that the only way the game survives and doesn't end up being a 1 round game is if they can get the second set produced within a year. Using the timeline the first set used, the company is well behind getting a second physical set on shelves before June hits. The card creation/testing/live testing/online playing/physical production process is well behind what it should be, and I think that is a major kink in the system that needs to be a massive priority.

Playmats need to be rushed and sent out. I know alot of people defend this as, they are a bonus. Keep in mind alot of people ordered the epic and 4x sets just to get these mats. They were NOT a bonus, but were actually part of the order. The rest of the bonuses should be going through production too. I mean, samples are barely being sent and haven't been viewed yet... 2 weeks? This could have been done via photos or a visit instead of waiting on shipping/customs/etc. Closing out bonuses will remove a TON of negative bad publicity for the game. Keeping good publicity will make the game survive, but continued events of bad publicity won't.

At this point it seems like people fight over whether or not Wulven should give a timeline. I feel it has been far too long to even be fighting about that, more fighting about instead of timelines, why hasn't this stuff started production yet.

Right now, just by where Kyle & Devs outside of Gondo seem to post, it's anywhere except these 2 main critical spots. It seems like Dev attention is being focused on how to get people to spend a few extra bucks on Meltdown tourney's and other things that will draw a little funding but no where near what a second set on the server would pull in. Im sure there is a few hundred dollars being spent on these tourney's, but if a second set was launched, every person trying to get that set would be shelling out $20 for digital cards, and with a few thousand + accounts active, that would equal a lot more money than a Meltdown tourney. Once the money started flowing in, there would be alot more room in the budget to hire a dev to create meltdown tourneys and other stuff that right now only bring in a few thousand dollars versus several thousand dollars of a second set.

For those loyal to Wulven, please keep in mind, this is not a bash. Merely an observation of what will need to happen if the game is to survive. I am a big supporter of the game and will be until it is no longer around. I would just like to see it survive the TCG death that so many other good TCG have fallen victim to.
    ^This
    "The stars shine like the love of god...cold and remote."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aadolt did quit but they do have staff for that now, a couple of them in fact. I agree with your observations, here's hoping Wulven can avoid the issues that have caused all these delays with future releases. They are very much a new company and so long as they learn from mistakes, I feel they will be really successful in the time to come.

As for the main topic, sometime soon my friend and I plan to have our local card shop schedule a sealed deck tournament or something to help boost local interest in our area as some of our mtg classmates are intrigued enough to give it a real try. The shop owner really likes that the two versions work together through the redeem codes as well. We can make it happen if you ask me.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Automated tournaments ques you can log in and have available similar to magic online, new set(and have the set come out sfter that in s timely manner) , automated draft ques, etc.

Things need to happen in a timely manner or people lose interest, meltdown dragged me back but I took a 10 month break, customers being ok with not touching something for ten months ;(