Close

Thread: Gwynneth all-in

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gwynneth all-in

i've won more than ive lost 15-2 with this deck so far with my sole losses coming against armor of ages. armor of ages is the sickness. i know i posted this in the other gwynneth thread but i think this is a different deck and play style than the decks in that thread. its perfectly fine to build hunters to be more controlling but in comparison to mages, elementals and even warriors their tools are lacking. when you try to incorporate allies, traps, and controlling cards you dilute the best thing hunters do and that is ridiculous bow damage.

im not claiming this deck is tier 1 or i'm even a good player lol BUT is tier 1 in fun factor.

Hero

Gwynneth

Bow
    4x Soul seeker
    4x Demon Beetle Bow
    2x Guardian's Oath

Spells

4x Rapid Fire
    4x Aimed Shot
    4x Bazaar
    4x Hide in the Forest
    4x Special delivery(or blake but your biggest enemy is decks that use aeon, armor of ages and darkclaw so the reach is important)

not rocket science. what you are hoping for is

turn 1 resource
    turn 2 bazaar
    turn 3 resouce
    turn 4 demon beetle bow
    turn 5 rapid fire
    turn 6 soul seeker + hide in the forest

some finer points.

soul seeker is NEVER resource and neither is your first rapid fire.

against people i know can break items i might try to draw their removal with demon and guardian bows and sneak in soulseeker when i can however most of the time i play the soul seeker and make them have the answer.

against aeon you just have to hope they dont back to back you. one aeon is fairly manageable if you have your soulseeker. two and three aeon however will probably run you out of gas

mages? what mages lol. ive seen maybe 2-3 mages out of all the games ive played with this deck and all of them where nishaven burn. no worries there this deck burns better than he does. majiya is tougher since she can break your bows but she is just as squishy.

against darkclaw conserve your special deliveries and TRY to chip him down to one turn kll range. ive only played one darkclaw so far but it wasnt a very good deck.

against armor of ages just go on to the next game. you wont break his armor in time. its saves everyone time

suggestions, improvements, scorn and ridicule welcome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sadly i think blakes are a must. Special deliverys casting cost is problematic with all the resource destruction im running into. I also wish guardian bow was something else too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    None of the bows cost less than 4, unless your opponent gets unlucky this deck is unlikely to win when going second.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imanujakku View Post
    Sadly i think blakes are a must. Special deliverys casting cost is problematic with all the resource destruction im running into. I also wish guardian bow was something else too.
    I agree with you re special delivery but not with Blake being a must. I dropped all allies and run pretty well.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymh View Post
    None of the bows cost less than 4, unless your opponent gets unlucky this deck is unlikely to win when going second.
    it can win going second quite easily if you are allowed to get to 5-6 resources. the decks ive had the most trouble with are elementals though between here be monsters, transference and armor of ages there isn't much i can do. i also surrendered one game where i got sandra'd twice then he retreated a sandra and played her again on turn 6. i saw no point in continuing that game. right now i think resource destruction in shadow era is mostly fine but if there is anymore in the future there will not be much point in playing other deck types.

ive had some great matches against priests, hunters, mages, and warriors though where it came down to one turn where i can do the exact amount of damage needed to kill them before they would overwhelm me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by imanujakku View Post
    it can win going second quite easily if you are allowed to get to 5-6 resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymh View Post
    unless your opponent gets unlucky.
    tencharacters