Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gwenneth - Patience, I haz it

Hi guys, first post here, I've seen a couple different Gwenneth decks on here and figured I'd share mine.

1 Gwenneth

4 Sandra
    4 Blake
    3 aldon
    3 aeon

4 aimed shot
    2 rapid fire
    4 death trap
    4 bazaar
    3 crimson vest
    4 soul seeker

I've noticed that a lot of people are saying that Gwenneth and soul seeker are overpowered. But when you have to actually get to 5 resources to drop one, and even if you draw one that early on, that still leaves the whole opening portion of the game for my opponent to eat my lunch. Zaladar decks especially do a good job of that.

So basically when I play this I bide my time and usually take a substantial amount of damage early on. I try to slow this down by playing death traps and trying to get some blakes or aldon out on the board. But ideally on turns 5 and 6 you drop a soul seeker then crimson vest and start restoring 6 life per turn blasting away at their monsters. I like crimson vest because it works nicely with the death traps in that you get health for the monsters that are killed by them. I notice some people don't put aeon in this deck, but I like to have him as a buffer so I dont waste the durability of my bows being attacked and only shelling out 2 damage. And it makes sense since this is clearly a high resource costing deck to play.

This deck can be frustrating because sometimes you can just get blown out of the water if you have a bad draw early on. But the reward is great in that your opponent may think they have you and you drop a soul seeker on them and turn it around, which can make for some interesting back and forth battles.

Suggestions and comments welcome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Relatively similar to mine. I run:

-4 Death Trap
    -3 Crimson Vest
    +2 Night Prowler

And all of your points are 100% correct on the good and bad points of it. It's a lot better than the near allyless version a lot of people are trying to run though, and it doesn't half swing for some damage.

I like your Crimson/Trap combo. Crimson seems a bit expensive for it though.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    im coming around on the allied version of gwynneth mainly due to the fact zaladar is becoming every other deck i face i need to be able to inflict damage with less than 4 resources or with my bows being transferred. mind control is a big reason i wouldnt curve out to aeon though. having to remove your opponents aeon is hard enough...having to remove your own is devastating. personally i prefer everything they can steal within the damage threshold of a single shot from a soulseeker.

armor is overcosted especially when you compare it to the ally you could drop for the same cost. the best armor ive found is hiding in forest which lets you keep all the durability on your soulseeker for offense for 1 measly resource.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    imanujakku, I hear ya about aeons against zaladar, if im facing zaladar i usually will just resource them.

Crimson is a bit overpriced, but i like the fact that i get hp points when my allies kill off their allies, while at the same time i can double swing for 8 on their hero.