Close

Thread: New victor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New victor

This was posted before in the hunter strategy section but I'm looking for a bit more input.

Hey all, been working for a while on improving my decks. Have a couple variants of Jericho and a nice Berserker Boris that works quite well. But I have always loved the hunters. I said in my original post that I didnt think Victor was viable, though, and at the time, I certainly thought so. But I have been messing around, and think its time to try again. The deck list I have at this time, is as follows. I will make notes about what I think I will remove. As far as allies are concerned, I am not sure if I should keep Sandworm, or replace with Raven.) Help!

Note: I tweaked it a bit - changed out death trap for flaming arrows and removed into the forest and surprise attack.

1x Victor

3x Jasmine (3 not enough?)
    4x Puwen
    3x Aldon
    4x Priest of the Light (4 too much?)
    3x Armored Sandworm (Replace with Raven?)
    2x Aeon

4x Poison Arrow (Of course.)
    2x Flaming Arrow
    4x Retreat (Important for board control!)
    2x Bad Santa (Not sure...)
    3x Wrath of the Forest (Card draw and armor.)
    1x Spelleater Bands (Someone mentioned I should have this in to deal with mages.)
    4x Soul Seeker (Staying!)

Ok, so that is the list so far. What do you guys think? I have been looking around at some amazing builds - Raph's control deck strikes me as pretty awesome. But I think I am going for something a tad different here. Anyway, I do understand the mechanics of the game pretty well. Just would like some input here. Last question - Ley Line Nexus... Need it?
    x Einherjar x

"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions." -Paulo Coelho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I mentioned this very deck in my original post below my deck list. Looks fun. I don't want to copy though
    x Einherjar x

"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions." -Paulo Coelho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel WoTF x 4 is enough for draws, you probably don't need Bad Santa (You give your opponent cards too).
    Try replace the Bad Santa with Tainted Oracle.
    I would remove 1 retreat and bump the flaming arrow to 3 to deal with those pesky Gargoyle or Sandworms (with your hero ability)
    Would remove 1 PoTL and bump Jasmine to 4.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You are over estimating PA. Think about it.

PA doesn't kill most allies on it's own, is counter heavily by heals, gargoyles, SW. At best it has half card value, as it doesn't do much on it's own. This is the main reason why Victor cannot reach tier 1. If PA acted like retreat or CB, victor would be an auto tier one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmmm. I see your point regarding PA but I disagree. If played right I think with the allies you should have in the deck, time and a bit of patience, things work well.

Thanks for the input regarding bad Santa. That's too true and I think I may just drop them both in favor of 2 TO. I've been thinking about the PotL situation and I have to say, I don't see why 1 more jasmine is better. Would you mind explaining that for me please?
    x Einherjar x

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm ok this is tricky one, I will try my best to answer. Basically you would want to maximize your control over your opponent's allies. For going second, most of the time Jasmine is better as she has better survivability. On t5, if you have a Jasmine & PA in hand, typically you can already switch over for board control. Cast Jasmine, cast PA on opponent ally to protect Jasmine, then next turn you can use Jasmine's ability to control the board.

But then again, this is only my humble 2 cents. Best is to play as much as you can and tweak the numbers.

On the side note, Raven is a very interesting ally to consider in your deck. It gives you a very strong board presence, paired with your arrows, you can pretty much see most of your opponent's ally dmg go to zero. Together with Aeon, you pretty much win the game.

Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok perfect opportunity for this next question then- and thank you by the way for your explanation. It made perfect sense. Ok so - Raven or Sandworm? Which is better in the deck? Everyone says Sandworm is necessary for mages. BUT. If I am running 2 aeon, 3 aldon, 3 raven and 2 ley line nexus... Then maybe Sandworm isn't altogether a necessity...? What do you think about that?
    x Einherjar x

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, Sandworm makes more sense at the moment, since the meta are mostly mages & zaladar, sandworm with aldon is annoying for them..with Aeon down, the only way they can kill the SW is Nova + Burn aeon and freeze the Worm (if Eladwen). For Zal, MC your sandworm is not worth it as it only deals 2 damage, even with Aldon in play.

If you ask me, I would reduce the LLN to 1 or 0, and go for Sandworms, at least for the moment. No deck can last for a long time unchanged, as you climb up the ladder, tweaks are definitely necessary. If you see more Ambers/Zhanna, maybe Raven will be more suitable.

Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great thanks much!
    x Einherjar x