Close

Thread: New Victor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Victor

Hey all, been working for a while on improving my decks. Have a couple variants of Jericho and a nice Berserker Boris that works quite well. But I have always loved the hunters. I said in my original post that I didnt think Victor was viable, though, and at the time, I certainly thought so. But I have been messing around, and think its time to try again. The deck list I have at this time, is as follows. (I know there are far too many cards. 46 to be exact. I will be cutting that to a maximum of 41, including Victor. I will make notes about what I think I will remove. As far as allies are concerned, I am not sure if I should keep Sandworm, or replace with Raven.) Help!

1x Victor

3x Jasmine (3 not enough?)
    4x Puwen
    3x Aldon
    4x Priest of the Light (4 too much?)
    3x Armored Sandworm (Replace with Raven?)
    3x Aeon

1x Aimed Shot (Thinking I may remove this.)
    4x Poison Arrow (Of course.)
    3x Death Trap (May replace all three with flaming arrow.)
    2x Into the Forest (Think I will remove this.)
    2x Surprise Attack (In for a little extra card draw.)
    3x Retreat (Important for board control!)
    2x Bad Santa (Not sure...)
    3x Wrath of the Forest (Card draw and armor.)
    1x Spelleater Bands (Someone mentioned I should have this in to deal with mages, but I think I may remove to lower deck size.)
    4x Soul Seeker (Staying!)

Ok, so that is the list so far. What do you guys think? I have been looking around at some amazing builds - Raph's control deck strikes me as pretty awesome. But I think I am going for something a tad different here. Anyway, I do understand the mechanics of the game pretty well. Just would like some input here. Last question - Ley Line Nexus... Need it?

Thanks very much in advance for any and all advice. Hope to play you soon!
    x Einherjar x

"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions." -Paulo Coelho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd dump an Aeon, Aimed Shot, Surprise Attack, and ItF. That gets you to 40. I agree with replacing the traps, I'd swap them for 2 Fire Arrow and another Retreat.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks much. Basically what I've been thinking. Surprised about the Aeon though. 2 is enough? Same for arrows. 6 is enough? I assume this is because with victors ability ill be recycling them, right?
    x Einherjar x

"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions." -Paulo Coelho

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Edheren View Post
    Thanks much. Basically what I've been thinking. Surprised about the Aeon though. 2 is enough? Same for arrows. 6 is enough? I assume this is because with victors ability ill be recycling them, right?
    I think I always run only 2 Aeon. You don't want to draw it too early, or you would most likely sac it anyway. With Vic, Poison Arrow is the important one, as you can kill almost any ally with it plus ability. The FA is there mainly as a backup, or for Sandworm, Garg, and a few others less popular allies.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree mostly with Nizaris, only I would keep the Aeons at 3 and drop to 3 soul seekers, but that is a minor, small difference. Its about comfort levels really.

Victor wins by allies, weapons are only for support. I do this and like it. It's better to carry Aeon in hand than not have it on t6. his ability to buff lesser allies, namely sandworm, is the beginning of your win condition.

Regarding your question on worm vs Raven, If you are not going to run LLN, you need the durability of the worms to wear down weapons. Personally, I've gone back and forth on LLN vs Poor Quality and have settled on LLN. You could drop the POTL's add one more worm/jasmine, and three LLN. Some combination thereof. Jewelers Dream, WBT, and wiznet staff will still be troublesome though.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I too run only 3 SS. But it's not to make room for another Aeon, it's room for draw.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks much, guys. I've been testing the deck both with 3 SS and 3 aeon, and 4 SS and 2 Aeon. I may like the latter best. Don't need aeon until later and the bows help a lot. Figured I don't need more than 3 aldon as they don't stack so why bother with 4. As for LLN I am not sure how to incorporate because I like running a full set of PotL. Only way I can see it working well is if I drop the SS to 3 and drop the retreats to 3, instead of 4. Then I can add two LLN. Think ill try that. Those pesky sapphires are bugging me.
    x Einherjar x