Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Removing the resource line and turning it into a pile of cards I think would work great (the 3d picture view of the playing field does look a little long). This will still give the feeling of playing a real card game. Although, you would need some way to tell you how many resource you have left on your turn. Maybe the pile of resource cards could be used to take up some of the wasted space.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree getting rid of the resource row but think the cards do need to be kept on screen. Maybe stack them downwards under the hero that way you use some wasted space and can still see how many resources you have.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with this. They should be stacked facedown or even faceup and then expanded if a specific resource needs to be targeted

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's what I'm working on for 1.04

newcamera2.jpg

The deck will have a number to indicate the size (eg "30") while the resources will have available/total (eg "3/5"). Also the graveyard is visible now, so you can check on recently played cards in case you missed it.
    This is the default view, you can also get a flat view of your hand or the enemy's hand. The keys 1,2,3 will quickly switch camera views

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very nice. Now a way to zoom in on a specific card would be very cool. Also making an extra mana bar could be helpful for an easier visual.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ohh I like this much better! does not feel long and narrow which for some reason just bugged me. neat clean and intuitive big thumbs up on this!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks great. Definitely prefer the look of this streamlined interface.
    Last edited by Insectosaurus; 08-05-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks alot better, will this be in 1.4?

Ignore that just read your post again!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kirothak View Post
    I like the idea of removing the resource bar, the play field feels to long and skinny to me, either a mana bar or just a pile of face down cards showing numbers on top of it to represent the mana or whatnot (pile idea would work better for latter on if you want to make cards that can turn a saced resource card back into a usable card) either way would work well though
    I also like that idea of having a face down stack of cards for a resource pile and also adding a resource/mana bar. The screenshot of the new layout looks good!
    Last edited by Sagatron; 08-05-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Love it. It looks much more like you're seeing everything easily, rather than just what can fit on a screen. It'll make a big difference.

Additionally, I don't know if you intended it to be this way, but I love the angle you set the field of view at because it's just about exactly what an actual TCG player would see if they were looking down at a game in person. Very nice.