Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Set timer to 10 seconds when there are no moves left

As titled, I propose the following:

When there is no more possible play this turn, the timer is automatically reduced to 0:10. For example, on the first turn I resource something, and have no 1-drop, the game sets my timer to 0:10 and force me to pass the turn. Of course, if I have a 1-drop instead, I'm forced with the choice of either deciding fast, or to let my opponent know that I have some 1-drop. However I think 10 seconds is a reasonable time limit for such decisions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It still limits a bit. Your opponent can count to 10 and if you end your turn before it, chances are you wouldn't have had enough time to actually think about playing a card. This means you can't really hide possible moves.

Most players won't pay much attention to it but some can.
    Last edited by Airact; 11-12-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's not a great issue, if I want to delay you I can still play cards the last second, there are other timers and game mechanics that could be fastened in my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't support this. I want my time to think about my next turns. A specific format for speed play would be nice however. Ten seconds to sac, and only 5 extra for each action you take for example. It would help others who only have 10 min or so and don't want to take the chance of a long drawn out game.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    I don't support this. I want my time to think about my next turns. A specific format for speed play would be nice however. Ten seconds to sac, and only 5 extra for each action you take for example. It would help others who only have 10 min or so and don't want to take the chance of a long drawn out game.
    An analog of Blitz Chess would be interesting.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24