Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The reason i don't have Lily is because i chose 2 Katar over 2 Lily. There is this situation when the game is on the line and you need a weapon. You may want to draw a weapon than Lily(where you have to recycle first from your graveyard).

4LLN is a must for her. If you have different hero, 2 is more than enough. The biggest threat to her is armor. It will definitely slow you down.

Jasmine is a candidate to leave. It could be Poison Arrow/special delivery/shrine of negatia/aim shot

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will test this later:
    -4 Jasmine
    -1 Return
    +2 Aim Shot
    +2 Shrine of Negatia(For first turn pumped up Jeweler's dream of amber). Or when you want to attack 2x 4 damage at amber where she has 3 damage jeweler's dream. And of course to return you rain delay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Update us on how it goes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Or..... you could just be careful with her use. Lily craps all over Master Smith.

As to the deck itself, it's very untuned. Slamming four of everything into a deck doesn't make it work.

So this is what I'd do:

-2 LLN (Four is TOO MANY. Dead drops.)
    -2 Katar (Once again, four is TOO MANY. Katar is your backup weapon in a Gwen deck.)
    -4 Jasmine (No synergy at all with this deck.)

+3 Lily (Cycling weapons and getting back those precious Soul Seekers. Also good meatshield)
    +4 Poison Arrow (Disable individual allies, and dangerous allies like Plasma Behemoth)

This will also bring you down to the 39 + Hero. You want consistency, as much as possible in a semi-solo Gwen (or any Gwen actually).
    If you want consistency, like consistently destroying enemy armor, why would you want less lln? You haven't "tuned" this deck either so the suggestion seems kind of contradictory.

I agree that 4 is probably too much, but a late game armor could be the end for Gwen if you can't remove it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I updated my #2 post in page 1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by akratch View Post
    If you want consistency, like consistently destroying enemy armor, why would you want less lln? You haven't "tuned" this deck either so the suggestion seems kind of contradictory.

I agree that 4 is probably too much, but a late game armor could be the end for Gwen if you can't remove it.
    How many times will someone drop more than two Snow Sapphires or Armor of Ages? Which mind you are really the only armours you need to be concerned about. Everything else you just batter through.

Just don't waste your LLN's on useless things like Anklebreakers and you'll be fine.

I've played Gwen for a long time and I have never needed more than 2 LLN.

Besides, I can honestly say I haven't seen ONE Snow Sapphire or Armor of Ages all season.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Been trying a similar ally-less Gwen deck with frustrating results, as I don't have enough cards yet (only 3 bows + no other weapons). What I do have which I think helps here is 2x Spelleater Bracers which prevents Engulfing Flames, Fireballs etc. when you don't have an Into the Forest.

But it came together tonight and I got the win in against a mage! Glad to see here that the strategy has legs.