Close

Thread: GB v Amber...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

GB v Amber...

I have 3 tech card spots which i want to use vs Amber.

My GB already has 3 shrieks, great for taking out ToK, wizents, IGG etc. I use on JD v Amber if i can...

Question is now, which will be best v Amber (3 cards):

A. Severed Ties. Great for removing Blood Frenzy on t4 or Crippling Blow any time. Also good v wolfs.
    B. Sac Lamb. Good for cycling cards, use on crippled allies. Also good in general, to supplement or to fish out ToK.
    C. Dagger of Unmaking. If i can make it through the early game ok this can force an Aeon or Jas back in hand but not so useful v Sandworm.

I have figured the idea is to get my book out and play 3cc allies rather than fatties as much as possible (one retreat can spoil the day).

My fatty is Molten Destroyer (no portals). Maybe switch to plasmas??

Anyway, once some enemy fatties come out, until i get 8 resources for nova + FB it can be a bit hard... Any tips?

Farq.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TJ FarqTheOrc - killer of gnomes.

Who needs mulligans when you always draw a good hand?

--== Team Juggernauts ==--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SL is quite important vs warrior and it's generally a very good card in any matchups, suggest include 3, so you have 7cards draw engine
    ST is extremely powful vs warrior, you can have 2.

So 2ST, 2SOV(or acid) and 3SL(SL is not a tech card)
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    DoU is a bad choice against amber. If she's running POTL, lily and DR your feeding the beast. The only benefit you would receive is getting your allies back if stolen but if she get the dagger......

My amber tech cards with GB are shriek, sac lamb, Tok, DMT, MD, ST, portal, and bad wolf. Goal is to try and keep pace with allies and create lots of targets for her to have to attack. Dmt is great because early amber cannot kill on her own in 1 shot. Md for retaliation damage and requires 2 hit to kill, unless she gets a reserve weapon + dr combo. Severed ties is good to try and take out blood frenzy early else I generally try to save for a late enrage. Portal is good to get your hits in early, assist with board flooding/control, and possibly create some weakened target that hopefully appeal to amber attacking next turn.

If amber is playing with DR and you steal any weapon I find that it is better to always resource it to prevent amber from retrieving from her graveyard. I have occasionally played a JD if I've got some spells I want to unload though generally do not. Stolen retreats and crippling blows are great stolen cards even if you are playing against a solo amber she will steal your cards and this will help you either get them back or control them.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You pretty much need SL, ST and SoV to compete against amber. It's too easy for amber to nullify your board with cripple/retreat/jasmine and just blast you down. Gravebone is a really easy matchup for amber in my experience as many times I can kill him without even putting anything in the graveyard. Good Luck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    You pretty much need SL, ST and SoV to compete against amber. It's too easy for amber to nullify your board with cripple/retreat/jasmine and just blast you down. Gravebone is a really easy matchup for amber in my experience as many times I can kill him without even putting anything in the graveyard. Good Luck.
    He's right here which is why I use portal and sac lamb. Sac lamb will get you the cards you need and portal will put the pressure on. Amber has no way to turn this off unless playing shrine of Negatia.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!