Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    freut mich, dass es dir gefällt ferris
    you are welcome.
    to all the others who might like that serena build all credeits to fou delile, since he was the one who inspired me to that specific construction.
    and to those who haven't tried that controll build above, feel free to do so.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Bobbypim (original poster)

Your Lance deck looks as if it is off to a great start but could use some tweaking. These guys have already mentioned the obvious/instinctive changes. Here are just a few suggestions other than what has already been said, you don't have to use or even try these if you like but would at least recommend giving them a test run:

-Add some Retreats! in the mix. When I first began I use to only run x4 Assassination as well and although it did well on the ladder it was not very effective in competitive play. Once I started using both, Assassination and Retreat!, I did better in Competitive play which also increase my winnings in Quick Matches. Reason for this is Lance struggles against an early rush so Retreats! is a good 2 drop to stall your opponent.

-Ill Gotten Gains is a Rogue "bread and butter" so as you can image, or probably experienced, it can be a long frustrating game when they are near the bottom of your deck. It is good to have some other small draw system put into your deck to help you draw them faster. The earlier you play Ill Gotten Gains the more beneficial it is in a match. Suggest would be x2 Tainted Oracles but there are other fast draw systems as well.

-Even up your Jasmine with your other allies or max them out. Jasmine in my opinion is a lot better than Priest of the Light and a great combo with Aldon. Lance is all about field control so she last longer and has a nifty little ability to help with field control. It is also a great 5 turn drop using Lance's ability if you do not have a Raven in hand. She does 3 damage while stopping an opponent's ally from attack. That combo has won me many games.

-Take out Lily Rosecult. Lance is more about field control and winning with allies than he is about buffing/weapons. You are already running 5 weapons in your deck, no need for 7 of them.
    Founder and formal leader of the guild Guardians of Shadow Era

Gift to the Shadow Era community
    scholarsoftheshadows.com

I serve the community anyway I can
    Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild
    Contact me for any of the above by PMing me on these forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gave up the Honored Dead and threw in some Spelleater Bands... No real problems with mages now! Have also removed the Dagger of Unmaking to make room for another Anklebreaker and a Raven.
    Last edited by Bobbypim; 11-14-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A vew month ago i used the cloak aswell. It was great using it against mages in the beginning , taking their fireballs out of the graveyard and giving him a taste of his own medicine. Im a supporter of assasins cloak
    ASF

IGN: FRAMERATE lance ftw~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by timo1983 View Post
    A vew month ago i used the cloak aswell. It was great using it against mages in the beginning , taking their fireballs out of the graveyard and giving him a taste of his own medicine. Im a supporter of assasins cloak
    It's not a bad card, I just think it is better suited for Serena since Lance's ability is really important in order to gain field control if it is ever lost.
    Founder and formal leader of the guild Guardians of Shadow Era

Gift to the Shadow Era community
    scholarsoftheshadows.com

I serve the community anyway I can
    Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild
    Contact me for any of the above by PMing me on these forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thought it would be a good idea to get this thread up to date. The "Lance pushing 300" deck is currently hovering/residing in the 290's rating and is assembled as listed:

Hero: 1
    Lance Shadowstalker

Allies: 22
    3 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3 x Nightshade
    3 x Jasmine Rosecult
    3 x Aldon the Brave
    3 x Priest of the Light
    2 x Tainted Oracle
    3 x Raven Wildheart
    2 x Aeon Stormcaller

Abilities: 6
    2 x Assassination
    4 x Stop, Thief

Items: 11
    4 x Ill-Gotten Gains
    2 x Dagger of Unmaking
    3 x Anklebreaker
    2 x Spelleater Bands

Deck total: 40 cards

I got the item-based warrior and hunters covered. Elementals is about a 70% win rate and no real problems with the Wulven kind. So right now my biggest challenges are the iClipse based Zhanna decks ( especially if she get's to go first ) and the portalbased Majiya decks. Any suggestions for improvements?

See you out there.

Best regards
    Bobbypim

( Rolf er ren )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty good resource curve for lance. Vs portal you could probably use more aeon... I'd suggest losing dou (it's not going to help to let them recast their sk, Bella or even brutes/snakes with portal out) and adding another Anklebreaker and aeon. If maj has shadow energy remember not to throw aeon out while portal is on the board (unless you have se and can protect him from an sk) as he's almost surely going to be taken out right away. Force her blast with a nightshade or something and play him next turn. Vs. portal your aeons are worth their weight in gold, and having an extra Aeon will pretty much help you vs everything.

Earthen protector is pretty valuable vs. mages but raven is far more useful universally... I don't know how assassination is serving you (I find it super inconsistent) but you may consider dropping both and adding an EP and another 3cc or two black garbs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Might consider the Black Garp instead of Assassination

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's good to play Lance when Amber is rampant. But against mages, imo even spelleater bands can hardly save Lance's ass. By the time it is out, usually Lance would have lost the board alr, which is his main win condition.

If anyone disagree and think Lance can be teched against mages, please post some games for me to watch and learn :P
    (KA) 2oops4woo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree sometimes the Dagger of Unmaking isn't the best card to play against the portal based mages. But sometimes, if not often, it's really good to fire of 4 retreats in a row and in some games Dagger of Unmaking is the reason the balance/board control shifts!

But hey, that's the charm of the game and the reason why we play it over and over. Every match can be won by luck, skill or both and this deck was build for the purpose to do well against all opponents - which is why fx. Spelleater Bands, Dagger of Unmaking and Tainted Oracle gets sacked in some games, but are lifesavers in others!