Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lance pushing 300

Hey...

Here's my first posted deck. A Lance deck build for racing up the chart's and not having to worry about which oppenent you're facing.

Deck size: 40

Hero:
    Lance Shadowstalker

Allies (20):
    3 x Nightshade
    3 x Puwen Bloodheim
    3 x Aldon the Brave
    3 x Priest of the Light
    2 x Lily Rosecult
    2 x Raven Wildheart
    2 x Earthen Protector
    2 x Aeon Stormcaller

Abilities (8):
    4 x Assassination
    4 x Stop Thief!

Items (11):
    4 x Ill-Gotten Gains
    2 x Gravedigger's Cloak
    3 x Anklebreaker
    2 x Dagger of Unmaking

Deck Explanation:

The choice of hero wasn't the my favorite choice (I'm more like a mage/elemental kind a guy) but I wanted to try something new and one evening I thought why not use this foiled hero of mine. Normally I do not include the foiled cards in my deck, mostly because my collection only contains about a handful of the bling-bling cards.

Anyway, Lance was the choice of hero and having played against him many times I had an idea of where I would like take him. My goal was to make a deck that could stand on it's own and face every opponent without fear - you know when you go "oh no, not a another quick-damage-mage" or "damn, it's the doom of the female warrior"... ect.

So how do build such a deck

I thought let's rely on the 2 main advantages of the Rogue:
    Stop, Theif! and Ill-Gotten Gains

1. Add some ally-stoppers:
    Anklebreaker - Always great for stopping, slowing and killing.
    Dagger of Unmaking - A favourite of mine. Make them use some resources.
    Assasination - Very usefull with Nightshade early on and for removing the trouble later on.

2. Put in some low-cost allies:
    Puwen Bloodheim and Nightshade - Good for early board control and a perfect match for a round 3 Aldon or Assasination

3. Then blend in the mid-cost folks:
    Aldon the Brave - The Ability of Aldon forced the oppenents to focus almost 100% on this little 3-cost-guy
    Priest of The Light - Can't get enough of a little healing and slowing your opponents plans
    Lily Rosecult - With 11 items in the deck playing Lily can turn things around for you.

4. Mix in the hard-hitters:
    Raven Wildheart - She wins games and can endure more than the other 5 cost allies.
    Earthen Protector - This ally really confuses the opponents and really generates some bad boys.
    Aeon Stormcaller - Having Aeon leading the charge from mid-game is close to a sure winner.

5. Spice with a surprise:
    Gravedigger's Cloak - Playing the Gravedigger when your oppenent is worrying about your allies and weapons is such a thrill. It's so much fun when your in control and if not it's a good sack-card.

Conclusion:
    This deck is fun to play and it wins a lot of matches. (Right now it's 24wins out of 30) As I said early on it can stand it's own against every opponent and that makes it a good solid and reliable deck. Please fell free to comments or having a go.

Best Regards
    Bobbypim

(Rolf er ren)
    Last edited by Bobbypim; 11-06-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, the only thing I would really think about changing is Gravedigger's Cloak, it's much more beneficial to save your shadow energy for Lance's ability, at least in my experience

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nightshade > Puwen. Also, as above poster said, cut the cloak. It's really not a good item.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After posting this deck I ran into a series of defeat. Think I jinx'ed the deck :-)

Anyway, I got beaten by a couple of mages and a Zaladar, so I decided to leave out the Gravedigger's Cloak and replaced them with a couple of Honored Dead. You can always use some extra cards and the gain of life comes in handy against the quick mage and elemental decks...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you should play two spelleater bands, the help a lot against mages. i almost never lost against a mage with my lance or my serena deck. you can easily dominate your opponents allies and with the spelleaters you can stop the annoying burst damage as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you share your lance/Serena deck that never loses to mages? I think most of think that Elad rush and portal majiya is a bad matchup for Lance. So I really wonder about your statement there.
    Team Juggernaut FTW!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    its a variation of the list Fou DeLile posted in his [1.5] Serena, the Bounty Hunter [2x Top 20] topic.
    i just switched 1 lily and 1 black garb for 2 spelleater bands and im using raven instead of aeon. sometimes i switch raven for a sandworm, but normaly im doing fine with raven.

x1 Serena

x4 Nightshade
    x2 Puwen
    x4 Priest of the Light
    x3 Aldon
    x2 Lily
    x3 Raven

x3 Assassination
    x4 Stop! Thief
    x4 Ill Gotten Gains

x2 Spelleater Bands
    x2 Black Garb
    x4 Anklebreaker
    x2 Dagger of Unmaking

normaly im playing serena, my lance deck is still under construction. but my sereny can controll those nasty mages pretty well. if they rush its a tough early game, but as soon as i got my weapon the match is almost won and the mage ends up topdecking. in that phase of the game i normaly got ill gotten gains, 1 weapon, and 1 armor protecting my field controll while i still got a lily in reserve.
    only hard match for me is another serena, then its all based on luck and who sends more important cards to the grave.
    Last edited by Zhu Rong; 11-08-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Serena does tend to do better against mages than Lance, making them discard their spells is the best feeling in the world

you don't think Jasmine would be a better pick than aldon?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    mhh the buff from aldon can safe your early game and thats what serenas weak at. same reason for the potls. i cant afford to loose too much health especially against those mages who can burn you down later when you got some bad luck with drawing your spelleaters.
    but so far i never tried jasmine in my serena deck. just playing her with lance. guess its worth to test that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @zhu rong: really like your deck. had some great fights with it. nice usability. i thought i miss sever ties and aeon. but i didn't.