Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been working a resource acceleration deck using a wulven. They can use jewelers dream, and with speedstrike can use it twice a turn. All your cards are 4 resource or less, so you should be able to gain / maintain board control in the mid game. Full moon is your late game strategy, giving the +2 boost.

The trouble I've been having is finding a proper balance between allies and abilities, it doesn't play like a 1.23 darkclaw deck. I am also struggling with deck size.

I am going to tweak it to a more reasonable deck size before trying it out on PVP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscreaman View Post
    In my Darkclaw deck I'm packing less creatures more life gain. Let darkclaw do the work I say. By having Line wolf on the board and no creatures you gain 2 life each round. Regeneration allows you to shed the poison and fire burn enchants, as well as gain 4 life which in melee damage is 8. Double strike ensures 2 hits a round with Darkclaw. Full moon protects him if it ever gets heavy in creatures or direct damage. Rain delay works wonders because it says (allies) not heroes can't attack. Captured prey takes care of those pesky big boys like Aeon, Raven, and Erika. Just shuts them up if your playin against Eladwen. Finally bad santas are a must, Ive realized that they help me burn my opponents deck down so that they begin to take damage from the draw as well. Darkclaw is a deck of patient but a lot of fun to use. Especially when the opponent realizes that it is Darkclaw that you should worry about and not the allies. The only creature you should have four of is the gargoyle. Maybe four badwolf as well. 2 chimera and 2 plasmas should about do it.no more than 12 allies I think. It has worked for me thus far.
    I've never understood dark claw players that ran creatures instead of Lone Wolf. If the other Wulven hero becomes competitive, he'd be the creature beater hero. Dark Claw is the puzzle piece hero that you go into a head game with your opponent with. Try playing creatures with him and he's just a crappy warrior.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I haven't upgraded to 1.24. Just today found out bout the changes. The creatures were for distraction and assistance on taking down the hero. Leaving it all up to Darkclaw takes forever.
    Alliance One is now recruiting members! Come check it out!
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Padawan-Pete

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscreaman View Post
    I haven't upgraded to 1.24. Just today found out bout the changes. The creatures were for distraction and assistance on taking down the hero. Leaving it all up to Darkclaw takes forever.
    I'd play with 4 death bones then, maybe 4 plasma bees as a finisher

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't really know why wulven decks are so underrated they have several cards that can completely shut down opposing allies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes but NONE of them will take an aeon off the board in any reasonable amount of time... possibly rabbid bite, if the only 2 creatures they have is aeon/aeon or raven/aeon... (in the first case u lose no matter what and raven is still hard to get rid of by herself)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just posted this elsewhere, but:

Moonstalker/Darkclaw

4x Fire Snake
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Medusil
    4x Plasma Behemoth

4x Now You're Mine
    4x Captured Prey
    4x Rabid Bite

1x Shriek of Vengeance

Wulven are really solid in 1.25. Not quite Tier 1 because their heroes are still relatively sucky compared to others, but eminently capable of winning games competitively now. You do realise that Rabid Bite is almost Mind Control for 1 less cost now, right? And it exhausts for an extra turn (if mechanics haven't changed).
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha I actually made a similar comparison about mc... Then I realized my mistake... Mc is always a choice on what to attack... Rabbit isn't... On top of that, the two best abilities in the deck conflict with each other... If they have an ally with captured prey, then rabid bite doesn't do all that much... But if you wait for them to put more creatures in play, then u only have a 50% chance to hit the right one on ur first attack and down to 25% to hit with both attacks in a row...

So on a narrow scope, they are very similar yet they work on completely different situations