Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Jericho Deck

so MANY people seem to hate on Jericho and I dont understand why. I was under the impression that the heroes are all pretty well balanced. But anyway, I am fairly new to this game, played magic for YEARS. wanted a cheaper and digital alternative and this seemed awesome. It is. so my first deck was a Nishaven and was followed closely by a Victor which lasted a while. Its not that I didnt find the hunter deck viable it was just... boring. plus once I stopped with the computer playing and moved to actual match ups I got my ass handed to me. SO, time for a change. I have been researching it a lot and I came up with this deck. I was hoping for a bit of advice from the pros here, especially those who have played jericho and enjoy it. So anyway, heres my new deck list thus far.

Note: not sure if Puwen should be switched out for Kris or not. I am leaning towards it though. Faster draw and board presence.

List:

x1 Jericho
    x4 Puwen (should be Kris, I think)
    x3 Raven
    x3 Aldon
    x3 Priest of Light
    x3 Tainted Oracle
    x3 Aeon
    x4 Healing Touch
    x4 Tidal Wave
    x4 Focused Prayer
    x1 Resurrection
    x3 Smite
    x2 Book of Curses
    x2 Kings Pride
    x4 Wizents Staff

SO, thats the list. I kind of have an idea of what I want with this deck. I had a paladin in mind, actually. I want moderate damage, control for sure, and healing. Now I know people may say if thats what I want I should be playing Zhanna. and while I do get that, considering her ability to heal, I am more interested in utilizing Jericho's ability. furthermore, I am wondering about the ghostmaker. seems like it could be very viable in this deck, but maybe im not sure about comboing it. also, I am aware that its like 45 cards. Is that too many? Thanks in advance for any and all advice. I appreciate it, and looking forward to playing you all!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks pretty good. Btw puwen is usually the better choice. Jasmine is better then potl but nothing wrong with him. I would take out smite and book if curses for 4 retreat. Especially with jasmine a turn 5, tidal wave and a turn 6 retreat+jas is really strong. Ressurection is nice to have but rarely necessary.
    Other then that looks typical. If your having trouble with Mages consider swapping for zhanna.
    If your considering ghost maker the best combo is with earthen protector and aeon.
    As for the 45 cards it not ideal. You should cut back to 40 for consistency. Once you get a feel for the deck it's ok to go to 42 or 44 max if needed. Sometimes you need that one or two extra tech card you can't survive without.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by Yvan Antoine; 11-04-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks like the regular Jericho Deck. The only change are your 3 Smites. I dont know why you put them in! I played Jericho alot, I gained around 180 rating points with it. My most significant expirience with Jericho is, that you NEEED a Staff in play. Without card drawing Jericho tends to fail!
    So it is very very important to play not more than 40 cards / 41 with the Hero. More cards in this deck is deadly. So you also should play 4 Oracles ! Card draw is key. I tested Ghostmaker and found out that it is a overrated card, you need the staff, nothing else. You dont need Res , because the deck wants its key cards in late game and it wants to kill fast, so Res is useless.
    I hope that will help to make some space for the essential cards. Cccheeers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks both of you, that's really helpful. I realized that since I added an extra three allies in that yeah, Smite isn't necessary. Maybe I'll take out one PoL and add one more TO. Funny thing is I didn't want to create the average run of the mill Jericho that everyone knows and hates was hoping to do something good and newish that would help me in tourneys. Everyone plays zhanna it seems. I wanted to try different. But anyway thanks for advice. I'll tweak things and see how it goes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, is 2 resurrection enough??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1 if any is plenty. Just don't sac it against mill.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Crap. That was a typing error. I removed all resurrection. Wanted to ask if two Retreat is enough. The more I play around though I've been wondering, has anyone made a good necromancer deck? Think fallen priest. Utilizing ghost maker. Tentative list I have is earthen, Aeon, wave, retreat, ghostmaker, TO, focused prayer, kris, aldon, kings pride, curse and 1 resurrection. Idea is to bring back the dead often and quick utilizing wave and retreat for board control. I figure if card draw becomes a problem I can take out 2 curse in favor of 2 wizents staff. Seem good?
    Last edited by Edheren; 11-05-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Retreats are strong and the best way to regain board. I would recommend 4. But if you get by with 2-3 that's good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Edheren View Post
    Crap. That was a typing error. I removed all resurrection. Wanted to ask if two Retreat is enough. The more I play around though I've been wondering, has anyone made a good necromancer deck? Think fallen priest. Utilizing ghost maker. Tentative list I have is earthen, Aeon, wave, retreat, ghostmaker, TO, focused prayer, kris, aldon, kings pride, curse and 1 resurrection. Idea is to bring back the dead often and quick utilizing wave and retreat for board control. I figure if card draw becomes a problem I can take out 2 curse in favor of 2 wizents staff. Seem good?
    I built this literally before Ghostmaker was released, as soon as the thing was spoiled. Check out ZhannaX in my sig.

I don't have a whole lot of time so won't comment on the whole deck, but you do realize that Jericho and Healing Touch overlap themselves a bit, right? It's fine in Zhanna if that's what you want to do, but four seems a little too much in a deck where your hero can already deal with crippling blow, captured prey, et cetera.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah... That's a really good point. I can take out 2 of those and have 4 retreat no problem.
    So you think the ghostmaker thing will work then? I'd like to have a few decks I can use and see which one i may like best for a tourney. I'm working on Boris too.