Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashere View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Kyle has stated multiple times that there is no first turn advantage. If you guys are losing everytime you go second maybe consider a new strategy rather than beating land d to death.

And don't bother arguing that stats only represent games that are 'long enough' because ppl who leave early have a shitload more reasons to quit than just because 1 sandra was played.

As I understand it if two sandras are played back to back then it becomes a rated game as player 1 has played 5 turns.
    That statistic of Kyle was for version 1.23 where you could leave whenever you wanted. Now more games are played and after the nerfing of portal and eladwen, sandra and hbm is the remaining cards that stand out. Basically check every deck you want that is competitive and it will probably feature 4x hbm or 4x sandras.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not impossible to beat, but definitly very frustrating, especially during the early stages of the game :/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually have a better w/l ratio going second. I don't use hbm or Sandra and they don't effect me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Drakkon we had talked about this at length. I even posted a discussion in the strategy forum about the "meta", and with the prominance of resource destruction what are the sorts of steps that are being taken to alleviate that. Obviously playing many 1-3 cost cards help. Perhaps you could contribute you thoughts to that discussion.

If there are many ways around resource destruction perhaps putting out there in writing will help some of the people who are continually being defeated by it. I've a deck I use that works pretty well against it. You do not have to tell specifics if you're worried about the deck being revealed, but still general tips help some of them.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Simple, if his forum picture is any indication, he's playing a Wulven deck.

And wulven decks have absolutely no issue with resources, in fact, its beneficial for them to be back a turn or two on their competition, it allows their opponent to waste more allies onto the board that can be consumed with a combination of rabid bite and now you're mine. The defense against a Sandra aggro Eladwen for a wulven deck goes a little something like this.

P1 > 1R
    P2 > 1R
    P1 > 2R / Blake
    P2 > 2R / Option to RD Or NYM
    P1 > 3R / Aldon
    P2 > 3R / Option NYM Aldon / Or Big Teeth + Attack Blake
    P1 > 4R / Sandra
    P2 > Hide (Wulven) NYM Aldon / Or attack Blake (He Dies)
    P1 > 5R / Whatever (If they spam Sandras, it just delays 4R on P2)
    P2 > 4R / Rabid!
    P1 > (Whichever Character is Rabid Likely Kills An Ally - No Allies To Kill, Deal about 4-5 damage to Hero)
    P2 > 4R / NYM!
    P1 > (Whichever Character is Rabid Kills -Another- Ally, now I have no Allies, rabid is exhausted, the others are dead)
    P2 > Hmm, I'm down 5-10 life, time for a Lone Wolf or Regeneration, and time to start wailing on the other player!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, I don't hide or play RD until later in the game, taking a few hits early doesn't really matter because lobe wolf will patch you up. 80% of the cards in my deck cost 3 or less. Honestly, I feel that if a player is suffering from resource destruction so much, lower the curve of your deck. There's no reason for resource destruction to hurt you as much as most people claim it does. I find people who like to play human aggro against me would be fine against it as well.. Something like this..

Warrior/Priest/Mage Hero

3/4 Blake
    3/4 Puwan
    4 Sandra
    3 Aldon
    2 Aeon

4 Fireball
    2 Lightning Bolt
    3/4 Research
    3/4 Portal
    1/2 Super Nova

0/1/2 Hero Weapon
    0/1/2 Hero Armor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So your solution to the entire problem with Sandras is that every player either chooses to play a Wulven deck or plays human?

*snrrk*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirzen View Post
    So your solution to the entire problem with Sandras is that every player either chooses to play a Wulven deck or plays human?

*snrrk*
    You can play gravebone, using gargoyles bad wolfs etc being almost completely unaffected as well as elemental. If you're really that dumb that you can't figure out ways to play around it dont post. Almost every deck can be played and not be horrible effected by resource destruction. The only deck I don't think can handle it well right now is Human hunters.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gargoyles and bad wolves are a decent counter, except for the fact that with a Blake and an Aldon down, Blake is more than capable of killing a wolf all by himself, and gargoyles can't kill Sandras, and neither one of them is capable of killing a Rosecut.

You're likely going to be facing off against someone who goes 1/2 - Blake/3 - Aldon Or Rosecut / Sandraspam

You'd have to have both a wolf and a gargoyle in your starting hand to be able to deal wit it, and would have to choose which to put into play to beat his Aldon or Rose, either way its going to die on his turn if he has even half a brain, because he's going to ram both of his mobs into it, starting with the Blake because its the only one that he knows you can kill for certain, so its cost effective for it to get its hit in early. He'll finish with the Aldon or Rose. At that point you're fighting an uphill battle against the swarm of Sandras, you might kill everything he has on the board, but you won't get anything into play...

Then, on turn 5/6/7 when he has almost twice the resources you do, he'll supernova, or tidal, or he'll use his hero's ability, or he'll just break out the lightning bolts to soften things up enough for his Allies to clean up your side of the board. Because at this point he has the resources to do so, resources that you simply don't have.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kirzen stop making sense, this can go on no longer.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.