Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

new player question

Hi. I recently started playing this game and I really like it as tcg's are not very strong in my area and I have no one to play with and no where to play. I played Lord of the Rings tcg for about 2 years. I tried WoW tcg but always missed LotR as it was my first tcg. This game is very fun and I am trying to get some of my friends into it. I have put together a deck for playing against other players and played my first game with it today. I have a question about something that happened.

I have a Wulven deck and was matched up with someone that had an undead deck. The game was almost over as my opponent had 5 life left and I had 18 life left. My opponent seemed to be letting time run out on his turns. I was fairly certain that I would be able to kill his hero on my next turn but when his turn was over, the game ended abruptly and it said I was defeated. My hero still had the 18 hp left and it did not show any of the hp being depleted it just ended.

My opponent seemed to be stalling the entire game. He did not really play many useful cards and when he would he would just let the time run out for the rest of the turn. He also said something in the chat box to me that was very rude but I just figured it was a kid and decided to ignore it.

I am confused as to how I had 18 life left, he had 5 life and would have killed him on my next turn but I was still defeated? Is there something about the game that I am missing? I am not sure if i did something wrong. Just wondering if anyone could explain to me what may have happened?
    Thanks

I just noticed a post that mentioned something about a glitch or cheat where the game ends and you are defeated? I guess that is what happened to me. I will look to see if there are any instructions on how to report this event to the powers that be.
    Last edited by Berkanna; 11-02-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: noticed another post

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all welcome .

Second of all - I won't worry too much about losing one game. You didn't lose anything of any real value, just move on. I don't think it's been confirmed but my strong suspicion is that most of these errors are due to network interruptions and how the game recognises and handles them. Because this is a game that's played on mobile platforms a lot of the time, there are frequently interruptions in the connection (this is often the cause of slow play and delay as you observed in that game). I think sometimes these temporary interruptions in the game result in these situations, where your opponent was actually the one who disconnected, but somehow it got communicated as you dropping out to the server and so you get the loss (have a look at the replay though, quite often I've noticed that when this happens neither player has won - so I'm guessing the opponent gets a disconnected loss too). Alternatively, I think the game sometimes misses the fact that you've actually disconnected, so you don't get the little "no signal" icon popping up, but you still have actually disconnected and eventually the server wakes up to this and awards you the loss.

It sucks, but it does happen from time to time and I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Just be sure not to play any serious games (eg. meltdown where you have to pay 200g to enter) unless you're on a very good connection. I've very, very rarely had this sort of "auto-defeat" problem happen when I'm playing on a stable connection.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow thanks for your quick reply. I understand most of what you said lol. I just wasn't sure if I "auto" lost because I did something wrong but i see what you are saying. I mostly play this on my computer which has a great connection but I really love having the option to play on my phone as I find my self having to wait around a lot lol.
    Thanks again.