Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    Will you post competitors' decks before the tournament begins or just heroes are they using?
    No. I won't post people's decks before the end. The decks for the top 8 in each regional will be posted afterwards though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From those who submitted their decklist and sideboard correctly, the 64 players with highest rating, as of 9th November, will be selected.

I would like to clarify, are these 64 players:

a) The top 64 players based on the ranking system, regardless of region.

b) The top 64 players per region, based on ranking system.

c) Only the top 64 players based on ranking system get the invite, the rest of the invites will be through other events.

d) none of the above.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's b.

Those rules are per regional. Each one has 64 slots that will be allocated in order of QM rating. So if the top 100 rated players are in the UK and they all sign up for European one then only 64 get in. (Meanwhile, rated 101 and below can pick from the other regionals.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    If you don't make it in on rating, it means 64 people in your chosen regional had higher rating than you, so there was most likely a very slim chance of you winning anyway.
    I meant a chance to take part in the event.
    "The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle, the essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." (P de Coubertin)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo K View Post
    "The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle, the essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." (P de Coubertin)
    Time to struggle and fight well up the QM ladder then

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    It's b.

Those rules are per regional. Each one has 64 slots that will be allocated in order of QM rating. So if the top 100 rated players are in the UK and they all sign up for European one then only 64 get in. (Meanwhile, rated 101 and below can pick from the other regionals.)
    So, if I linger at the top 64, in the main charts, there's a 100% chance I'm in (assuming I send the decklist after the 9th and before Sunday 11th November 23:59 GMT). Correct?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A question about the deck list and sideboard.

Can the deck size change after game 1?
    EG: Game 1: 40 cards (Set, can't change), Game 2: 41 Cards (after swapping out cards and add in cards) ?

Another question regarding ranking and registration.

Let's say in the sign-ups thread (for Asia example) there are only 64 players or less who signed-up. So irregardless of ratings, even 0 rating, a person can play in the regional qualifiers (assuming he signed-up and submitted his deck/sideboard)?
    Last edited by Zhou86; 11-03-2012 at 06:30 AM.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wreon View Post
    So, if I linger at the top 64, in the main charts, there's a 100% chance I'm in (assuming I send the decklist after the 9th and before Sunday 11th November 23:59 GMT). Correct?
    Yes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhou86 View Post
    A question about the deck list and sideboard.

Can the deck size change after game 1?
    EG: Game 1: 40 cards (Set, can't change), Game 2: 41 Cards (after swapping out cards and add in cards) ?

Another question regarding ranking and registration.

Let's say in the sign-ups thread (for Asia example) there are only 64 players or less who signed-up. So irregardless of ratings, even 0 rating, a person can play in the regional qualifiers (assuming he signed-up and submitted his deck/sideboard)?
    Your deck size question is answered in the FORMAT section of the first post of this thread. (Size must stay the same.)

If less than 65 people sign up for a regional (and send decklist correctly) then some people could get in with 0 rating, in theory. I'd recommend playing some QM as practice though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've had a few people PM me asking about when to send their decklist or what format to send it in.

It's meant to be sent after sign-ups close and before round 1. If you think you need to send it early because you are away that weekend then you can send it early. Just make sure you check for round 1 pairings on Monday 12th November and play all your matches!

The format for the decklist should be a deck URL made using the deckbuilder at deck.shadowera.net. For sideboard, just add up to 10 extra cards to your main deck and send me the second URL as well. (I can automatically derive the sideboard from comparing to main deck.)