Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

**WC2013** Regional Qualifiers (Winter 2012)

LATEST NEWS (6th Dec 2012)
    Please see the third post in this thread
    for the finalists from each region.

------

As stated in our recent announcement, the World Championships in 2013 will be an exclusive invite-only event, where sixteen of the world's best Shadow Era players will battle it out for the title of Shadow Era World Champion 2013.

These three Regional Qualifiers, aimed at the Americas, Europe and Asia/Oceania, are your first chance to earn one of those invites!

EVENT OVERVIEW

Each Regional Qualifier has the same two stages:

The first stage is a 6-round Swiss Tournament:

* Maximum of 64 competitors
    * Round 1 starts 12th November (precise time depends on which region)
    * Each round will last 4 days and immediately follow the preceding round.
    * Top 8 players at end of Round 6 (5th December) advance to stage two.

The second stage is a single-elimination finals:

* Players are seeded based on positions in the Swiss Tournament
    * There will be quarter-finals, semi-finals and final on the 8th/9th December
    * Winner of the final of each Regional Qualifier earns an invite to World Championships 2013 and a complete collection of physical cards (1 of each card).

FORMAT

Each Regional Qualifier will be standard constructed format (40-card minimum) with an optional 10-card sideboard. Decklists and sideboards must be submitted in advance of the first round.

Each round will be best-of-three match. In game 1, you must use the deck you submitted. In game 2, you may swap out cards from your deck with cards from your sideboard, providing you keep the same deck size. If there is a game 3, you again have the option to swap cards from your deck with those in your sideboard.

You must use a single deck and sideboard throughout the entire event.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

You can only participate in one of these three regionals.

Deadline for entry is Friday 9th November 23:59 GMT for all Regional Qualifiers.

EDIT: Sign-ups are now closed.

To sign up, you need to supply your In-Game Name on the appropriate thread:
    * Asia/Oceania Regional Qualifier
    * Americas Regional Qualifier
    * European Regional Qualifier

You must use the same account (with the in-game name you registered) throughout.

Once sign-ups have closed, you must submit your decklist and sideboard to me BY EMAIL (gondorian at shadowera dot com) with Subject "Decklist for Regional" before Sunday 11th November 23:59 GMT and include your Forum name and In-Game Name. (More info and an example here.)

For each regional, the 64 players with highest rating, as of 9th November 23:59 GMT, will be selected to participate from those who signed-up and submitted their decklist and sideboard correctly.

EVENT RULES

Extensive rules are in the second post in this thread (below).

QUESTIONS?

Post them in this thread please, not the sign-up threads.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    RULES FOR STAGE ONE (SWISS)

SUBMIT YOUR DECKLIST AND SIDEBOARD ON TIME

WHEN: Your decklist and sideboard are meant to be sent after sign-ups close (23:59 GMT on 9th November) and before round 1 (23:59 GMT on 11th November). If you think you need to send it early because you are away that weekend then you can send it early. Just make sure you check for round 1 pairings on Monday 12th November and play all your matches!

FORMAT: The format for the decklist should be a deck URL made using the deckbuilder at deck.shadowera.net. For sideboard, just add up to 10 extra cards to your main deck and send me the second URL as well. (I can automatically derive the sideboard from comparing to main deck.)

WHERE: Please email to me at gondorian at shadowera dot com.

EXAMPLE:

Quote Originally Posted by Email to Gondorian
    Forum name: DaveyBoy
    In-game name: DaveyBoyRules
    Decklist: http://deck.shadowera.net/index.html....4se048.3se049
    Decklist+sideboard: http://deck.shadowera.net/index.html....1se063.1se062

TOURNAMENT ORGANISERS

I'm very very pleased to announce that we have three excellent volunteers who will be running the Swiss stage of each regional:

Americas = NaharPT
    Asia/Oceania = busti
    Europe = chanson311

In terms of where my responsibility ends and theirs starts, only I will have all the decklists and I'll be prepping the Challonge bracket, with everyone seeded in the correct order and I'll hit the big red button over there to start things off on Monday.

After that, those three will generally be in charge of the Swiss stage, and will lead the communication of pairings and other key information, and they'll do the recording of game results, based on reports that you send to them or post on their thread.

BEFORE THE EVENT
    1. Turn on email notifications for Private Messages on this forum. (Click here for how.)

2. Check your email at least daily.
    Don't forget to check the spam folder for email notifications about this tournament and cheap prescription drug offers

3. Become familiar with IRC. (Click here for how.).

4. Read and re-read all of this post.

DURING THE EVENT

* Check your Private Messages and email at least daily, and don't forget to check the spam folder.

* Players will be paired up with another participant each round, and will be notified via Forum Threads (and possibly in-game Mail, but that's not confirmed yet).

* When you know who your opponent is for the current round, you need to contact them by Private Message and agree on a date and time to play, along with a password you will use to create each Custom Match and who will create each game. Ideally, you will agree to meet on IRC, as that makes some things easier, but it is not essential.

* Quote all times in GMT. If you don't know how to tell the time in GMT, just use this clock.

* At the agreed date and time, the agreed person loads their deck (the one submitted to me before the event) and creates the first game and waits for the other player to join. The server will choose who goes first at random.

* AT THE END OF GAME 1, YOU CAN SWAP UP TO 10 CARDS FROM YOUR DECK WITH ONES FROM YOUR SIDEBOARD (SIZE MUST STAY THE SAME) and the second game is created by the agreed person and the other player joins. Whoever went second in game 1 should now go first in this game. If the server doesn't co-operate, quit out of the game (by clicking on CHALLENGE) and the creator can make a new one. Keep doing this until the right person gets to go first.

* If one person wins both games, they are the victor. Otherwise, there will be a game 3. Before game 3 begins, YOU CAN SWAP UP TO 10 CARDS FROM YOUR DECK WITH ONES FROM YOUR SIDEBOARD (SIZE MUST STAY THE SAME). The agreed person creates game 3 and waits for the other player to join. The server will choose who goes first at random. The winner of game 3 is the winner of the round.

* IF A GAME ENDS IN A DRAW, IT DOES NOT COUNT AND MUST BE REPLAYED.

* A disconnect during a game counts as a loss, unless the opponent is happy to replay the game.

* At the end of your match, send the result to the tournament organiser running your regional (busti / NaharPT / chanson311).

* After the match has been reported, you have completed the round and you can wait for your next opponent in the following round. Your opponent will be determined based on the points you scored.

Please note that there will be absolutely NO EXTENSIONS for rounds.

HOW POINTS ARE SCORED

* You can score a maximum of 3 points each round.

* You get 3 points for winning the match and 0 points for losing the match.

* If both players consent to an intentional draw, then they get 1 point each.

* If a match isn't played or reported on time, the default score you will get will be a 0-0 draw, worth 1 point.

* Where one person has been active and the other gone uncontactable, that will be treated like that uncontactable person conceding 2-0 and so worth 3 points to the person who tried to play.

* If both players did their best to play but couldn't, then they get a 1-1 draw, worth 1 points. (On a tie-breaker, the 1-1 draw will be worth more than 0-0 draw.)

* If anyone gets two 0-0 draws in two different rounds then they are dropped from the competition.

HOW TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP EIGHT

* IN GAME 1, USE YOUR SUBMITTED DECKLIST (AND NO CARDS FROM YOUR SIDEBOARD). We can detect incorrect deck usage and you will be disqualified from the event. Read the rules above if you are unsure when you are allowed to change your deck.

* IN GAME 2 (AND 3), KEEP SAME DECK SIZE AND ONLY SWAP IN CARDS FROM YOUR SUBMITTED SIDEBOARD. We can detect incorrect deck usage and you will be disqualified from the event. Read the rules above if you are unsure when you are allowed to change your deck.

* DO NOT BECOME UNCONTACTABLE DURING THE EVENT. Failure to play your match through being unavailable to schedule it will lead to you scoring 0 points for the round and your opponent will be marked as winning 2-0.

* Do be flexible about when you can play. Try to organise the match early in the round, where possible.

* At the end of the final round, the 8 players with the most points will make it to the finals on 8/9th December.

* Where players are tied on points, games won/lost ratio will be the tie-breaker (and then strength of schedule if games won/lost is the same).

Please send questions to me by Private Message,
    after re-reading this post to make sure you didn't miss anything

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

ASIA/OCEANIA REGIONALS FINALS
    6AM GMT Saturday 8th December

ASIA/OCEANIA REGIONALS DECK LISTS (in seeding order)

1) youanthe (youanthe3) -- Majiya -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

2) Ka Henson -- Eladwen -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

3) Poxy (poxy) -- Zaladar -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

4) TONYARCHER (KA TonyArcher) -- Amber -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

5) lyingdragon (A1 lyingdragon) -- Zaladar -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

6) Salivanth (TJ SalivanthX) -- Zhanna -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

7) Ka m coolking -- Majiya -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

8) Rayzie (TJ Rayzie) -- Zaladar -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

(dropped due to availability) anakarIsia -- Eladwen -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

AMERICAS REGIONALS FINALS
    6PM GMT Saturday 8th December

AMERICAS REGIONALS DECK LISTS (in seeding order)

1) 1ndeed (ETC 1ndeed) -- Zaladar -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

2) Oblio91 (BP Oblio) -- Eladwen -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

3) Monomax (TJ MonomaxX) -- Nishaven -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

4) tcsnider -- Eladwen -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

5) Ka M Anson (ka m anson) -- Zaladar -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

6) The Haydes (BP The Haydes) -- Eladwen -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

7) diablo5536 -- Zaladar -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

8) MistahBoweh -- Zhanna -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

EUROPE/AFRICA REGIONALS FINALS
    8PM GMT Saturday 8th December: MATCHES C and D, then F
    8PM GMT Sunday 9th December: MATCHES A and B, then E
    Final will be either late Sunday night or Monday evening.

EUROPE/AFRICA REGIONALS DECK LISTS (in seeding order)
    1) Maximont -- Majiya -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

2) Larus (A1 Larus 2) -- Majiya -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

3) Holynoob (A1 Holynoob) -- Lance -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

4) Silverclaw (TJ Silverclaw) -- Zaladar -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

5) King K (KingK ETC) -- Lance -- Main deck -- Sideboard

6) jacqui (a1 jacqui) -- Lance -- Main deck -- Sideboard

7) Finneri (A1 Finneri) -- Majiya -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

8) barcafan95 (TJ Barcafan95X) -- Zaladar -- Main deck -- Main deck + Sideboard

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In, Europe. Prize?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    In, Europe. Prize?
    +1
    TJ Minato

TJ's Yellow Flash

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    In, Europe. Prize?
    I think you need to read the post again.

"Winner of the final of each Regional Qualifier earns an invite to World Championships 2013 and a complete collection of physical cards (1 of each card)."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When will the sign ups for europe be opened?
    TJ Minato

TJ's Yellow Flash

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think you need to read the post again.

"Winner of the final of each Regional Qualifier earns an invite to World Championships 2013 and a complete collection of physical cards (1 of each card)."
    Oops, sorry, my eyes are hurts today, so many Super Nova exploding everywhere...
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It goes along quickmatch rating damn....
    Expect the Unexpected! - TJ´s worst writer.

For the player I am now, I would like to thank:

Busti: For always chatting and helping me out.
    Bluejet24: For giving me the chance to join TJ when I was just a noob.
    Raphael Majere: For simply being the best in every way possible.

IGN: TJ PaleStitch

Formerly known as Barcafan.

I am a avid streamer, come check it out! www.twitch.tv/palestitch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do we have to be in Asia for Asia regional?