Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    At the point where it matters whether poison damage or ablaze damage happens first, it will be covered in the rulebook. If you can think of an example now, then we can update it. (We do not want to make the rulebook more complicated if it has no game impact.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    At the point where it matters whether poison damage or ablaze damage happens first, it will be covered in the rulebook. If you can think of an example now, then we can update it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awer View Post
    For example, there might be a situation where, due to various events, a Deathbone has been poisoned by a Cobra Demon and has been set ablaze by a Molten Destroyer, and that Deathbone is at 2 health when his controller's turn begins.
    The above example is the only one I can think of*: Imagine that it's a long-winded physical Meltdown game where Deathbone has several health buffs, and is poisoned and ablazed by the said allies during the same turn, and then several turns later comes the point where Deathbone is supposed to die due to one of those negative effects. If the players didn't make note of which allies caused those effects and in what order, they might not be able to tell for certain, who should take the damage from Deathbone's passive ability.

(According to the following card-FAQ answer, I've reasoned that an ally who causes a negative DOT-effect is "responsible" for its damage as long as that ally remains on the field:)

Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Molten Destroyer's Ablaze belongs to its controller once MD is no longer on the field.
    Another example of a situation where "which ally has done what" matters would be when one player has several Katrin The Shieldmaidens in play, and several other allies, and each Katrin has buffed a different ally. Players need to have indicators of which Katrin buffed which ally, so that when one of the said allies die, they'll know which Katrin can reuse her ability. (I also hope such indicators will be introduced to the digital game at some point.)

(We do not want to make the rulebook more complicated if it has no game impact.)
    If you are sure that a certain aspect of the game mechanics cannot have an impact in any possible situation during a physical game, then naturally you don't have to cover it. The question is, can you cover all the possibilities so that you can say for sure? Again, when new cards are introduced, the situation might change, so in the end, it might be a safer bet to cover "too much" rather than "too little". MTG has a basic and comprehensive rulebook - the same kind of division might suit Shadow Era as well, if it seems that a lot of detailed information needs to be explained somewhere without compromising the way the current Official Rulebook is.

EDIT: * = (Well, I can think of more examples, but they always involve Deathbone getting the two DOTs from different sources.)
    Last edited by Awer; 11-04-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks great - NEEDS MORE STORY!!!!!! lol

And i enjoy the hints at the elemental damage cards coming very sneaky :P
    Back from the dead.

Aroooooooo *brains*.

Member of ASF after all this time! WE WILL NEVER DIE *fistpump*! We may decompose slightly.*shhhhhlllluuuuuuuup* No biggie, that can be stitched back on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GDC can we expect Lore to be released aswell? I mean i always like to know the story behind my games and the story behind characters, synergys stuff like that which can be added through card descriptions and lore. The prologue looks nice, is there a story we can look at? or look forward to?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When is the release of the new rule book with all the new rules from SE version 3?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marundal View Post
    When is the release of the new rule book with all the new rules from SE version 3?
    It's in progress.

In the mean time, here are the Location rules:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?35223

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's in progress.

In the mean time, here are the Location rules:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?35223
    Is there a new updated rule book somewhere and I just haven't found it?

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The actors and actresses have great chemistry with one another which makes them believable as characters in each scene. They bring life to every character through their performances and make every scene entertaining to watch!
    https://doramasflix.today/