Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    The few replies I've already seen made the perfect 30 card version of this deck pop out to me.

1x Gwenneth Truesight
    4x Blake Windrunner
    2x Aldon the Brave
    4x Aimed Shot
    2x Poison Arrow
    2x Flaming Arrow
    3x Rapid Fire
    4x Bazaar
    4x Soul Seeker
    4x Beetle Demon Bow

Same strategy, just without the probable resource control. It looks to play the pretty consistent so far. I'll post a little later and let yall know how it's going.
    Nice deck although I am not a fan of the Poison/Flaming Arrows so I would probably rather have 4 Death Traps. In my oppinion I would rather prevent an ally being summoned at all rather than slowly kill it over time, especially with things like Aeon.

What are the current bugs with Beetle Demon Bow? Just so I know what to avoid.

Is Soul Seeker supposed to heal for 4 or will it be changed to 3? or is it a typo on the card.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 03-26-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    soul seeker card itself says heal 3 ... but as far as I can tell, it currently heals the same amount of life the ally had just before it was dealt the killing blow.

I was working on a similar deck... but I tried to incorporate some armor in it.. and the deck fattened out to be 35-40 cards... maybe I'm losing momentum b/c of that...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Soul Seeker heals 4 all the time, which I love, although it's probably very fair. I will be equally as happy with it for it to go back to 3 like it should be.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play a deck with the same aim, but I've still found it works better to have no allies and instead focus on holding the play back.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    What do you run? Seem powerful.
    Put it this way; these 'weapon decks' auto lose to Elementalis and Zhanna, and basically anything that can draw out a game. THey run out of resources to kill you with very fast. In addition to which, so many of their cards are focused around stopping creature rush or killing creatures, that creatureless decks (of which there are many) have a field day against them right now.

It's a good deck concept, but not one that works in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    This deck does require a bit more strategy than the original Eladwen Deck, but it's really not that hard of a deck to run. This guy must be playing in the 250 range or something.
    This deck is not even remotely like 1.23 Eladwen. This deck is solidly Tier 2. It doesn't have great board control like Eladwen did, it doesn't have hyper-aggro potential like Eladwen did, it doesn't have access to great card draw like Eladwen does.

Really not trying to piss on your parade in this thread here, but you're giving this deck far too much credit. It can beat Tier 1 decks no doubt, if you go first and pull Sandras, or if you get a good hyper-aggro draw (Blake/Aldon/Sandra) but that's a wider issue with human allies being pretty far in advance of what other decks can put out right now.
    Last edited by Calmdown; 03-26-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I met a couple of these decks. Played by 400-500 players so arguably not top-notch players (they did make mistakes here and there, but all in all they played well.

As expected on paper, my deck ate them for breakfast (no spectular play on my side, the deck did everything). The ranger was not nearly aggressive enough in the early game, and it lacked the punch to get the last 10-15 hp I had left. Meanwhile standard board control (a mix of damage and stalling and card advantage) took care of whatever was in front of me. IMHO, Soul Seekers need a durability of 6 or more (or enough dmg to kill Behemoths and Aeon in a single shot) to become a powerhouse cards (true for most weapons, but rangers really need this boost).

EDIT: For those who need tips against Gwenneth, her power works only when she is attacking. Not when she is defending. If there is a Soul Seeker, she does 2 damage when defending and 4 when attacking. In other words, if she attacks Brutalis or Dirk Saber, she will kill them in one shot (i.e. one weapon durability point). If you attack her, they get only two damage, so the ranger needs a second durability point (and one attack slot) to get him. While trying to kill Brutalis is generally a bad idea, you can use the general idea with all your small critters to stall and make the ranger waste his time playing new bows. Eating Gwenneth's durability point at the same time you are chipping her HP is what makes the difference.
    Last edited by BadKarma; 03-26-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    BadKarma - Apathetic Carebear of A1 - Eating your rating since 1923
    Internet discussion 101: use facts, not opinions.
    Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one. That doesn't mean the Internet gives a shit about yours.
    Facts, on the other hand, are the same for everyone. This is why the Internet may listen to you once in a while if you use facts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey guys, been browsing for a while, but finally got an account...

Legato, we had a game the other day with my majiya deck and I BARELY beat you... I think only because I saved every SoV ihad for your bows... I wish there had been a chat though because I wanted to say "good game"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love Gwenneth. Yes, there's flaws in my deck, but it makes up for it in being able to pull itself out of the odd sticky situation. For every game I lose because I don't get the card I need, I win one I probably don't deserve to

I finished off a well played Eladwen deck that had me down to 1 HP with a combination of Soul Seeker with 4 aimed shots. 12 damage per shot x2 will catch most people with their pants down. Obviously that was a freak occurrence but I've got out of jail against a few elementalists who kept wearing armor of ages by knocking it out with cheapies and doing mass damage with the bow. It's not too hard to save up 2 or 3 if the opponent is running a stall designed just to stall you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    After two games vs hpanigma's gwenneth deck, I have determined that aeon + valient defender just wtfpwn her.

it means she can't attack at all, only defend, where she does half the damage she does as attacking, so you can chip away at her weapons durability and win easily.

without an answer to aeon + valient, idk that she'll ever be top tier.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    After two games vs hpanigma's gwenneth deck, I have determined that aeon + valient defender just wtfpwn her.

it means she can't attack at all, only defend, where she does half the damage she does as attacking, so you can chip away at her weapons durability and win easily.

without an answer to aeon + valient, idk that she'll ever be top tier.
    I've found Aeon's not to be unstoppable. It's either retreat to send them back to the owner's hand, then attack with bow. Or rain delay or the card that stops them targetting my hero, then I attack them (so I get double damage on them, they can't harm me). All of this is if the traps haven't caught him in the first place, or at least stopped his play.

Not saying its perfect, definitely not an easy card to play against - but its not been a major issue so far.