Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Beta feedback for version 1.02

My thoughts on playing about 5 games so far with version 1.02

SUGGESTIONS:

- Using resources immediately does speed the game up. No further tweaking needed at this point unless major game changes down the road upset the balance. Granted the default deck doesn't have any 1 cost cards, but they are there. So while it might seem like the first turn or two still don't do much, with lower card cost options it will not be.

- I would suggest perhaps an auto target generation system. For example when you cast fireball it automatically lists the valid targets and which point you click on which one you want. Perhaps this might not be an issue on the iPhone version where you can flick-scroll and tap easier than the web version does right now.

- I'm assuming the final game will have win/loss statistics. Can you track them now during beta? Would be nice to see trends on how often the AI is winning/losing if playing a human with the same deck.

- EDIT: Just thought of this one. Is there a limit to the number of "item" cards you can have? I believe if there was a limit of like 4 item cards, it would reduce the power of cards like Research since you'd have to choose carefully which items you want in play.

AI ISSUES:

- Don't know if it was simply the card changes or you improved the AI, but the enemy seems smarter. I came very close to losing, something that didn't happen with 1.01 (although I still haven't lost to the AI yet).

- During one game, the enemy AI already has Poison Gas on one of my Allies. The next turn he wasted half of a Lightning Strike to kill the same Ally.

- The enemy AI still seems to sometimes sacrifice a card when there is no need. I.E. already has 6+ resources and zero cards in its hand.

BUGS:

- If you have engulfing flames and poison gas on their hero, it only shows a single -1 counter floating up although it still does the correct -2 total damage.

- If I use Arcane Burst, select a couple targets then cancel it still deals damage to those targets. (NOTE: I realized that the cancel button stops your selection of targets.) Perhaps whats needed is another button to stop selecting targets and cast the spell leaving the cancel button to cancel if you actually don't want to cast it.

- I started to cast clinging webs, then canceled. The card disappeared and the resources grayed out and were unusable.

Can't wait for the deck management part to go in!
    Last edited by drakon; 08-03-2010 at 06:30 PM.