Close

Thread: Decoy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Decoy

Decoy 2cc
    Hunter Ally - Unique

Any enemy damage that would be done to your hero is done to Decoy instead. After 3 turns, Decoy is destroyed.

0/10
    Last edited by Nizaris; 11-18-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds nice. But not as nice as your new avatar
    Captain of Team BP, winners of Guild War Z
    LINK

Picture Caption: BP players watching me play LIVE in Singapore, for Guild Wars, me in South Africa, vs. Rayzie in Australia

IGN: BP TheSt4lker

It is noble to die in battle. It is far more noble to make the other guy die in battle

Noble hunter of darkness
    Greatness, Reborn

INFORMATION ON OUR GUILD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Isn't this kinda OP? Pseudo heal for 10 hp for only 2cc ( assuming enemy has some board). I think 4 cost and 12 HP and lasting only for 2 turns might be more balanced :S

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    Isn't this kinda OP? Pseudo heal for 10 hp for only 2cc ( assuming enemy has some board). I think 4 cost and 12 HP and lasting only for 2 turns might be more balanced :S
    First off, even though this is my first post in this forum i've been playing SE for a while and have some understanding on the game (just said to clarify things, not for i'm being afraid of disparagement cuz this is one of the most newbie friendly communities i've ever came across).
    On topic, i think its already lasts 2 turns effectively cuz card wordnigs for durations like this are count the turn u played it(if u took that into consideration then excuse me). On the other hand, i feel its slightly OP too as if someone doesn't have a direct counter to it (like Retreat!, DoU or Assasination) then redirecting 10 damage from ur hero or make it nearly invincible for 2 turns for only 2cc is a bit too strong even though its a class specific ally thats also unique. (as a mage user, i would go nuts facing a Gwen chaining this with ITF if i haven't got my DoU ) Anyway i like the concept, hunters definitely deserve a card like this.
    Lastly, sorry for my possibly bad english its been a while i used it.
    I am Gandalf The Green.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSt4lker View Post
    Sounds nice. But not as nice as your new avatar
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    Gandalf pointed out correctly that is in fact only 2 turns due to the way counters work. Compared to ItF, I don't think it's as strong since you can kill it with enough threats late game. I've sat while the opponent had 7 or 8 allies and couldn't do anything cause of ItF chains, this wouldn't stop that. It might be a bit strong chaining these two together though.

Welcome to the forums FunkyGandalf, how nice of you to reply to one of my cards as your first post. I'm honored.
    Last edited by Nizaris; 10-30-2012 at 02:48 PM.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Warriors get enrage...but that costs 4 (granted, it lasts longer than turns as well). So, yeah, I think 2cc might be kind of low.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by vYzion View Post
    Warriors get enrage...but that costs 4 (granted, it lasts longer than turns as well). So, yeah, I think 2cc might be kind of low.
    My opinion is Enrage deserves to be more expensive because there are 2 ways only to get rid of it, ST and Jericho. So you are kinda paying for peace of mind so to speak. Decoy can be Retreated, Now You're Mine'd, Assassinated, Tidal Waved, etc. I made it cheaper due to the fact that there are more options to deal with it. I don't think 3 would be a terrible option for it though either.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, Enrage is a guaranteed 10 life. This card might be worth half that.

Your wording is a little awkward, though. The damage redirect effect doesn't need a timing clause, only the destroy timer.

I'm thinking about using something different as an alternative, though. I'm really not a fan of cards that count turns, since as stated above, it gets confusing.

Makeshift Decoy (2)
    Unique Hunter Ally
    0/10
    All damage that would be dealt to your hero by enemies is dealt to Makeshift Decoy instead. At the start of your turn, Makeshift Decoy takes 2 damage and loses 2 max health. When an ability card targets Makeshift Decoy, destroy it.

The idea is that the mhp reduction prevents abuse with healing cards like Good Ascendant, also the card now effectively rewards players for damaging the decoy whereas before, any damage done during the duration under 10 was a waste. It's now possible to shoot it down in one turn without even dealing the full amount of damage. If you ignore it, yes, it will last five turns, but if you're ignoring it then you aren't doing damage anyways, so what does it matter? The final clause is to stop abuse via friendly retreats, but also serves to make the card easier to disrupt without the opponent dumping their whole hand.

One more note is that it only prevents damage from opponents, this is important, as otherwise you can use them to stay alive with an empty deck for extra turns.

Essentially, it still does the job it's supposed to do, stall and protect the hero, but there's really not much room to abuse it anymore. It's more of a card that works well in a specific deck than something that could kick ass and chews bubblegum in every hunter list.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're right, my wording was a bit redundant, so I changed that. Also changed to reflect that only enemy damage is soaked up, mill damage shouldn't be absorbed by this. I'm even ok with the insta kill if targeted, but I'm not sure I like the damage ticks due to the ease of removing it already.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn