Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool bonus video- Meltdown Game

Hey look, I'm making content again!

This video is sort of a showcase of the Meltdown format. I just felt like making something new for the yt channel, so here it is. video lasts 20 minutes and is a complete commentated Meltdown game, from deck construction to the final turn. Note that my mic isn't adjusted properly for recording, so it's a bit quiet. You may need to turn your sound up depending on what your normal volume is. My apologies.

Oh, and I said I might redub the building. Turns out I didn't need to (barely).

Spoiler follows:
    I know that play on the final turn was pretty bad. I was trying to maximize the amount of damage prevented per shadow energy, but wasn't thinking that regardless of how much I prevent, I die in two turns of attacks no matter what and no matter how unlikely he has burn, it's still a possibility. At any rate, my opponent's pool was absolutely amazing, and he played the deck well.
    Last edited by MistahBoweh; 10-27-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LOL. Loved the video. Personally, I would have chosen the Life Infusion as I found that a good card to have in Meltdown.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Great to see you making some new content!

I'd cut out all the complaining at the start, personally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was going to, but then it wouldn't be uncut

As for Life Infusion... two problems. First of all, it sort of fills the same roll that Moonstalker does, which is play an ally and make sure he survives a turn. In hindsight, perhaps it would have been good against my opponent's lucksack burn pool, but you never know. Second of all, it runs into the same problem with Feedback, that I'm not sacrificing enough cards to have the resources to play it and a 3cc ally in the same turn, and then I'm spending two cards to make one dude, which makes me even more vulnerable to things like crippling blow, assassination, etc.

I get where you're coming from and I get why Life Infusion could have value, and honestly, there's not a lot of argument for what I did take as my last pick. I might have gone with the attachment if I had more time to think things through, but as you saw, I had one second on the clock when I submitted. I didn't have time to go back a page and pick up LI if I wanted to do it in one take.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I wouldn't have gone with Feedback either. With Moonstalker, it might have been a good idea to get resurrection, so if you really needed allies at a point in time, you would have been sure to get it next turn if you were able to cast it.

Also, I noticed you picked your hero immediately. It's not obvious but, you can scan the cards you got by paging through the cards (they will all be greyed out) so you have a better idea which hero will be a better fit for the card pool that you have.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know that's true. I also know that MS is good in meltdown and my other options (Amber, Jericho, and Ter) are generally not. I might have gone for Amber if I scrolled to the end and found all my rares happened to be Jeweler's Dream (or if I had double WBT), but take a look at the other cards that showed up on the front page. Jas, Aldon, Garg, and PotL, four really good allies. It's a reasonably strong bet that MS will be the hero of choice.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great game... He got some bad ass cards combo