Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Senior Member stevevai1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    501
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Weekly Meltdown competitions with huge gold jackpots

    Weekly Meltdown competitions with huge gold jackpots

    how does this work?
    KA M Stevevai

    IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

    My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

    KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

  2. #2
    Senior Member Nickey293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,075
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I was going to ask the same thing. I see there's ranking and score for meltdown. However, after playing my first game, my score and ranking is still blank.
    Team Juggernaut FTW!!

  3. #3
    Administrator Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,631
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    How does the weekly Meltdown competition work? Each Meltdown match costs 200g, and 100g from that is put into the jackpot. Wins get you 30 points, draws 15 points, and losses 10 points. At the end of the weekly countdown, the jackpot is divided up according to your percentage of Meltdown score vs the global Meltdown score total. For example, if you have a Meltdown score of 10 and the total of all Meltdown scores is 100, well then you get 10% of the jackpot. Win more games to get a much higher payout! Check your Status screen for more info.

  4. #4
    Senior Member stevevai1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    501
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    cool
    this is a very clear explaination
    so basically the money formula is: your score/total score * total prize.

    let's take an easiest example.
    in this week only A and B 2 people played 1 game. A won the game
    so in the end A will get 30/40 *400 = 300 gold. B will get 100 gold
    Last edited by stevevai1983; 10-26-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    KA M Stevevai

    IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

    My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

    KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

  5. #5
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,256
    Tournaments Joined
    4
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickey293 View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing. I see there's ranking and score for meltdown. However, after playing my first game, my score and ranking is still blank.
    Me too. Are all meltdown games 'custom'?
    • 2011: 1.27 Tournament Champion (See Forum Title)
    • 2012: Top 8 in World Championships 2012
    • 2013: World Rankings Season 6 Rank 1 - Top 16 in World Championships 2013
    • Dec 2013: Retired from competitive play

    About me: An Interview
    For new players: My Articles
    My epic decks: For Advanced Players or For Beginners
    My TCG blog: http://raphaelmajere.blogspot.sg

  6. #6
    Senior Member Nickey293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,075
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    cool
    this is a very clear explaination
    so basically the money formula is: your score/total score * total prize.

    let's take an easiest example.
    in this week only A and B 2 people played 1 game. A won the game
    so in the end A will get 30/40 *400 = 300 gold. B will get 100 gold
    The total prize is only 200 (100 from each entry is part of the jackpot), so overall it's -50 gold for your win. Don't play meltdown if you want to win gold overall. Granted, the starting jackpot helps a bit, but when you get lots of people in, there's diminishing returns on the 22,000 starting gold in the jackpot.
    Team Juggernaut FTW!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    304
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    And are passworded games included into the weekly competition?

    I think it would be a neat feature if the status screen would show "on the fly" the amount of gold that the player would win in the current situation. Also, the status screen could update in real-time or every few seconds.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    How does the weekly Meltdown competition work? Each Meltdown match costs 200g, and 100g from that is put into the jackpot. Wins get you 30 points, draws 15 points, and losses 10 points. At the end of the weekly countdown, the jackpot is divided up according to your percentage of Meltdown score vs the global Meltdown score total. For example, if you have a Meltdown score of 10 and the total of all Meltdown scores is 100, well then you get 10% of the jackpot. Win more games to get a much higher payout! Check your Status screen for more info.
    Is it possible to play Meltdown games without the gold cost ? or not at all atm ?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa, USA (GMT-6)
    Posts
    583
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I'm not sure if I'm doing my math wrong, but the 22,000 divided by 400 (entry fees) is 55, and by the time 55 games are played the jackpot is actually 33000. Assuming that all 55 games are played by different people that's 110 players with 300 gold per player, with a 200/100 split which breaks even for everyone who won and is a net loss for everyone who lost. Assuming there are some repeat players then it turns into a net profit for anyone who played only once and won. Of course that all goes out the window once people start chasing the pot aggressively instead of intentionally manipulating the system. Though, it might actually be smart to play just once? I'm not sure what the odds on that are since we don't have data to show how many games are played and by how many players.

  10. #10
    Senior Member xrexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    203
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    wait so the global meltdown score include people who don't play meltdown? or do? I didn't read the fine print that it cause 200 gold..and lost my hard earned cash

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •