Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Card update ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Card update ?

I just want to ask a small question :

- How often do the developers add new cards to the game ?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It used to be done regularly in batches, but once the full 200-card first set was released, we switched to a model where we release entire expansions in one go, like a traditional trading card game.

Adding 150 cards in one go obviously leads to longer development cycles than doing 10 cards every few months, but we believe this approach will pay off when the expansion is released in full, since releasing in small batches can lead to balance issues.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    taking way too long. seriously what is taking so long. mtg releases a full set every 3 months.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    don't compare MTG to Shadow Era. I'ts not fair, MTG has 20 years of gaming, SE nearby of 2.
    SE is not consolidated yet.

But really, the card update is taking too long to release. And the worst thing is to have no relevant information about it. I'm still not satisfied with the spoilers, I want dates. I want see things happening. Or at least update on the status of progress (%).
    BRK Counselor
    Admin @ Shadow Era BRAZIL
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/shadowerabr
    Falo portuguęs - Hablo espańol - English speaker

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    MtG has almost 20 years of experience and a much larger number of hired people actively working on it. That's why it takes them only 3 months. We need to have some patience with Wulven team. And we need to trust them, but they already proved us that they are trustworthy with the physical edition. Slow indeed, but definetly trustworthy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo Hohenheim Courier View Post
    don't compare MTG to Shadow Era. I'ts not fair, MTG has 20 years of gaming, SE nearby of 2.
    SE is not consolidated yet.

But really, the card update is taking too long to release. And the worst thing is to have no relevant information about it. I'm still not satisfied with the spoilers, I want dates. I want see things happening. Or at least update on the status of progress (%).
    Dates can never be trusted unless the conpany's name is Gearbox. They are currently playtesting/balancin the test (as far as I know)
    What more info do you need. They are making the expansion, it gets here when it gets here.
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Giving a set date just pisses people off when it's not made. This happens all the time with movies and video games (hello, ten year wait for a lackluster Duke Nukem, anyone?), so it's only natural that it happens here, too. I know that the people on the development team are doing their best and that the end result of all this anticipation and waiting will be amazing!

Besides, there ARE open PFG spots for those lucky enough to get in
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I found answers to my other questions by just searching it so I deleted questions number 1 and 2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Serious guys, the expansion was suposed to come out this summer, I mean, ok I understand delays, but now I'm already sure we will not see the expansion live before 2013, and that is just too long waiting, by then the full set is out for over a year, there where suposed to be expansions every 6 months.... I mean, I LOVE this game, but I'm tired of always playing with the same cards...

Release the game on the TEST server now.. I mean, it's a test server for a reason, we can get at least 100x more games like that (than with only the PFG) and it will get balanced out 10x faster... I mean, if you just released it today on the test server I'm sure it could get balanced out in 1 month and it would be live before december....
    Last edited by Maldazar; 10-19-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 2nd Place Silverclaw's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldazar View Post

Serious guys, the expansion was suposed to come out this summer, I mean, ok I understand delays, but now I'm already sure we will not see the expansion live before 2013, and that is just too long waiting, by then the full set is out for over a year, there where suposed to be expansions every 6 months.... I mean, I LOVE this game, but I'm tired of always playing with the same cards...

Release the game on the TEST server now.. I mean, it's a test server for a reason, we can get at least 100x more games like that (than with only the PFG) and it will get balanced out 10x faster... I mean, if you just released it today on the test server I'm sure it could get balanced out in 1 month and it would be live before december....

+1
    ~T E A M ~J U G G E R N A UT S~

IGN: TJ SilVERclaW