Close

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A1's Hero Draft Tournament (Main Event Thread)

You know the rules, here's the bracket:

direct link: http://challonge.com/a1hd

Prize pool:

1st place gets 1500 shadow crystals per team member.
    2nd place gets 1000 shadow crystals per team member.
    3rd place gets 500 shadow crystals per team member.

I'm asking the captains to step up, shake hands and start drafting. The pairings are:

Mip and jacqui. Heads, Mip has the first pick.

Geckt and iClipse. Heads, Geckt has the first pick.

Direwulven and TJ MinatoX. Heads, Direwulven has the first pick.

busti and Gse Drizl. Tails, Gse Drizl has the first pick.

Zhou86 and DrHaire. Tails, DrHaire has the first pick.

vAct and Atomzed. Heads, vAct has the first pick.

You can draft in chat, via pm or use this thread. Or any other way you want to do it, as long as you inform me of the results.

When the drafting's done send me a pm that contains how you want to distribute your heroes amongst your team members. I won't announce who plays what until i've received that same pm from the opposing team.

Alright, let's kick it off. Have fun, a good time and enjoy yourselves! And also expect punishment if you don't follow the rules.
    Last edited by Sisyphos; 10-12-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ongoing battles:

3 - 3 Maj, Ter, Serena Jerry, BB, Amber Zal, Vic, DC
    Raphmajere
    tcsnider Direwulven
    Lance, Moon, Gwen jacqui X
    Boris, Nish, Elem Seragyn X
    X
    X
    Elad, Zhanna, GB Flycheung X X

4 - 3 Elad, Moon, Gwen Amber, Nish, Jerry GB, Elem, DC
    vAct Stevevai mcley
    Maj, Serena, Boris Danae X X X
    Lance, Zal, Vic FakeKiki X X
    BB, Logan, Zhanna busti X X
    Last edited by Sisyphos; 04-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A new team has joined and will be playing against NaharPT's team.

NaharPT and SamuelJ will do the draft. NaharPT has the first pick. (heads)

Sign-ups are definitely over now. Xantese & Company got a bye and can keep it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Team Mip and and team jacqui are playing the following heroes:

Mip: Gwen / Gravebone / Logan
    TheSt4lker: Lance / Zhanna / Banebow
    Pandevmonium: Darkclaw / Moonstalker / Amber

Jacqui: Majiya / Serena / Victor
    Seragyn: Eladwen / Elementalis / Boris
    Flycheung: Nishaven / Jericho / Zaladar

You guys can start playing your games now. Good luck & have fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heh? I'm captain? Anyway, I suppose my opponent should contact me with his first hero?
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Heh? I'm captain? Anyway, I suppose my opponent should contact me with his first hero?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    Not every team has announced its captain yet, so i'll just assume the first names listed are the captains. Should that not be the case for your team, let me know.
    After receiving no reply to this i had to assume it was you. If PP or mojo wanna do it that's your call. =)

Also yes, Geckt has the first pick.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alright. Guess I'll be captain then.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, can we choose whom to play whom (player vs player)? Or we assign the heroes and order to the players?

Meaning (when we PM you the drafts and linup):
    Player A will play first: Hero A, Hero B, Hero C.
    Player B will play second: Hero D, Hero E, Hero F.
    Player C will play third: Hero G, Hero H, Hero I.

They will only know who they face as an individual player once the lineup is out?
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1st hero taken up, just waiting for iClipse's replies.
    Geckt - The Midnight Hunter
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhou86 View Post
    Hi, can we choose whom to play whom (player vs player)? Or we assign the heroes and order to the players?

Meaning (when we PM you the drafts and linup):
    Player A will play first: Hero A, Hero B, Hero C.
    Player B will play second: Hero D, Hero E, Hero F.
    Player C will play third: Hero G, Hero H, Hero I.

They will only know who they face as an individual player once the lineup is out?
    It's a round robin, so everyone plays everyone from the opposing team and up to 9 matches (i.e. best of 3s) take place per round. Once a team reaches 5 points it knocks the other team out and advances.

@ Drizl: I'm being informed that busti, not FakeKiki is leading their team.
    Last edited by Sisyphos; 10-12-2012 at 03:28 PM.