Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sudden Defeat Discusion Thread

Hello everyone,

As I'm sure a lot of you have noticed there has been a lot of topics being created on the subject of sudden defeats/hacking/cheating all directed to the same issue. Some forum members have requested that we moderators do something about the large numbers of these topics cluttering the forums. So far all we've done is redirect the posters to other threads for discussion and what not. So instead we're going to start redirecting them here. This thread is a place to discuss this problem. I will also start locking and or merging threads discussing the problem so that all the discussion is in one place. If you feel the thread adds new information and should be merged here, please request it.

I'm doing this because it should help keep the forums a bit cleaner (as requested) and make it easier for everyone to find this information.

Here is an official mentioning of the issue by Seth (a member of the Shadow Era Design Team).

Thank you for understanding and I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Demnchi
    Last edited by Demnchi; 10-05-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just had a sudden defeat.
    E2E Zhou86 vs Itadaki.

I cleared his board. And I have a Jasmine, Raven, Aeon in play. He just stopped on his sacrifice stage. I tried to "reach" him by asking him is he there etc, but obviously he was intending to freeze it anyways (his response in previous turns was fast before this)

Then I got the Defeat screen. Didn't lose rating though, but lost 200xp and 40gold.

Btw: Thanks Demchi for redirecting it here, but thats on the forum side, what about anything by Wulven's side? Anything has been done recently?
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhou86 View Post

Then I got the Defeat screen. Didn't lose rating though, but lost 200xp and 40gold.
    I have a reverse situation today. I got the victory screen, got the 200xp and 40gold.... And lost 4 rating
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    I have a reverse situation today. I got the victory screen, got the 200xp and 40gold.... And lost 4 rating
    Ouch, that would be double for me...
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had a game yesterday ASF Preybird vs GLHF1978. He utterly destroyed me, however he cut out before the last turn and his win. I got a defeat screen, but I gained ranking.

He did warn me his connection was a bit dodgy however. I do feel sorry for him though, he deserved that win. As it stands, he probably lost ranking, as the system for some reason saw fit to give it to me.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhou86 View Post
    Btw: Thanks Demchi for redirecting it here, but thats on the forum side, what about anything by Wulven's side? Anything has been done recently?
    I forgot I made this thread lol. As for Wulven's side, I don't have an answer to that as I don't really get much inner operations of Wulven outside what I get from being in the PFG (not that there is that much there either). I can ask a DT member about it but I don't think it would really help anyone to do that. I'm sure once they have an answer to this, we'll be told something. They are obviously aware of the issue due to NinjaDucky/Seth's topic.

PFG3 Leader

"Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ratings question

Calbus vs Dwindle1052
    He quit halfway through the game. I am assuming he quit vs losing connection as I was well on my way to winning the game. Anyways the 'quit' happens and I lose the game and my ratings go from 79 to 29. Was just wondering if this was normal. As if to say did the game disregard the quit/connection drop and just hand me a loss which means rating loss? Also wondering if the opponent suffered the same thing. Thx Zhou86 for directing me here. I am also a noob, with 1 and 4 win/lose ratio. Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well when you lose you lose rating (in most cases). Unfortunately the game probably did view it as a loss due to this problem and made you lose some points. When a player quits they should be losing rating points as well.

PFG3 Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just had sudden defeat after turn 2 of a meltdown game.

TJ Barcafan95X
    KA Hobin
    Expect the Unexpected! - TJ´s worst writer.

For the player I am now, I would like to thank:

Busti: For always chatting and helping me out.
    Bluejet24: For giving me the chance to join TJ when I was just a noob.
    Raphael Majere: For simply being the best in every way possible.

IGN: TJ PaleStitch

Formerly known as Barcafan.

I am a avid streamer, come check it out! www.twitch.tv/palestitch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well it happens to me every 3 or 4 games, I'm quite sure it's a rage quit cause it occurs every time just before my turn when my opponent will lost, I don't blame the devs, I assume it's not that easy to determine that a player shuts down the game, of course it would be perfect to win instead of losing when it occurs, but I'm particularly disappointed, on a game like this I thought people would be fair play, I guess it's just like everywhere....