Close

Thread: Plagued Earth

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Plagued Earth

So waking up today, saw the update, checked the cards and thought of a combo that could be great. I haven't lost a battle with this yet, so here it goes:

Hero: Zhanna Mist

4x Blake
    4x Aldon
    4x Sandra (the star of the deck)
    3x Aeon

4x Plague
    4x Cobraskin Wraps
    4x Wizent's Staff
    2x Ressurection
    2x Destroy Arms
    2x Tidal Wave

Total 34 cards

So the strategy now. The strategy is simple in turn 2 i cast a blake to have some board control and i start from there to build my resource advantage. Sandra's will give me that while plague will make the resource gap between me and my opponent huge if played after a couple of sandras. After increasing the gap, cobraskin helps me keep my opponent at bay while wizent help me draw free cards.

Destroy arms is there for some pesky portals to keep the board in check, while ressurection and tidal wave is there if shit goes wrong. Also ressurection is great with my sandras.

If i play first and my opponent has also a bit of a slow deck it's game over for him before we even start playing.

A great hidrance though is HBM because it is played on round 3 and bends me over a bit. Still the deck is great fun, controllish deck. A strategy that i love playing.

Thoughts?
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dude I was talking with another individual about doing something like this, I haven't worked out the card spread yet. Congratulations on showing it to the rest of the forumites first

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is a great deck. I am still trying it out and needs some fleshing out, but it is good. While playing first its leathal, while second it has disadvantages.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The reason I dont like land destruction in this game:

Going second.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah as i do more testing, who goes first and who seconds is in most cases the greatest factor. If the opponent swarms me its difficult to make a comeback even with tidal wave. We will see with more trial and error.